IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wanted: Illustrations for gear and vehicles., Lack of imagination, lack of old books.
MITJA3000+
post Sep 13 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,552

The one thing I have always missed playing shadowrun (well, actually, preparing to play, it's soooo lonely in finland) is the lack of illustrations in the 3rd edition. Fields of Fire is the oldest equipment/vehicle-book I've found, and though it has some illustrations, I still long for more. Are there any illustrations in, for example, Rigger 2 or Street Sammy Catalog? One might argue that pictures are not required for roleplaying, furthermore, the pictures might even hindure the imaginations of the players. Somehow I still feel that there needs to be an idea that is shared with the group of what the 6th world looks like, what it smells like, what does a t-bird look like and so on.

So all this blabbering comes down to the question I asked, are there any more picturebooks to be found?

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trax
post Sep 13 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,924

Cannon Companion has pictures of some of the weapons, and the german version Arsenal as well.

+Quote Post
coolgrafix
post Sep 13 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,116

The first edition equipment books (Street Samurai's Guide, Rigger Blackbook, ShadowTech) had pretty much an illustration for each item. Which I agree was great. The third edition line developer took things in a different direction, thinking that "more meat, less fluff," was a more fan-friendly approach, which I disagree with. Many old threads on Dumpshock discuss this notion.

The later books largely just repurpose 1st edition equipment illustrations with some exceptions.

Your best bet is to find them on eBay or perhaps floating around online in the ether. With time they may be available for sale as PDFs. Some of the more classic materials already is (Harlequin, Universal Brotherhood, Sprawl Sites). Check them out at:

battlecorps.com

+Quote Post
Catsnightmare
post Sep 13 2005, 11:15 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 90

Rigger 3 Revised has the vehicle illustrations in it now, taken from the original Rigger Black Book of SR1, Rigger 2 had no vehicle illos (or else just damn few) and the original print runs of Rigger 3 didn't have any as well.

+Quote Post
MITJA3000+
post Sep 14 2005, 11:49 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,552

Thanks guys! I was wondering whether to buy Rigger 3 Revised or not, I have the first print, better get it now.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:43 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.