IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tailored Pheromones, Do they need to smell you?
Lord Ben
post Sep 14 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,659

Does tailored phoromones only work if the other person can smell you? Or does it affect you too? IE, does it make you more self confident, etc that when you're negotiating over the phone you also get the +2 dice?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Sep 14 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Tricky question, because they might indeed give the user a boost of confidence. However, I believe the primary effect of the pheromones is on others, so I would not give the bonus to a long-distance commcall or the like, just as tailored pheromones don't work on the Astral.

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Sep 14 2005, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Chicago Survivor

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,033

Though with olfactory link, it's possible to transmit that "data" to the call receiver, though they'll know you did.

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Sep 15 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #4

Karma Police

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,505

I would highly doubt that an olfactory link could transfer pheromones. They aren´t just smells, they´re signal substances.

+Quote Post
Spider
post Sep 16 2005, 09:08 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 7,022

For all that i know about pheromones, they absolutely have to smell you. Scientists are actually doing test using pheromones to see sexual/social reaction and it's only working in a certain range (smell range). That is also the reason you're suppose to really appreciate the smell of your sexual partner (for you it's the smell, but it's actually the pheromones and the chemical reaction it produce in you...)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:46 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.