Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Medical Care Campaign?, When all else fails, hand me a needle
Sabosect
post Sep 15 2005, 03:39 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,741

Well last night, I was at the doctor's office, getting my monthly "I'm surprised you're still alive, so I'm billing you enough to kill a normal man" checkup. "We're only here to help" my sickly ass. I swear, it's like they're expecting me to just give it up and die when they hand me that slip of paper on my way out.

So, after hearing that I have a low stress tolerance and a generally bad physical condition due to heredity for the 9326th time in my life and getting the usual advice about dodging stress (which is ironic when you see how much I pay in medical bills), I was sitting around with some free time on my hand and a cloud in the way of internet. No game being played that night either, so I had plenty of time to think. It's usually during these times I get my strange ideas.

It suddenly occured to me: What if we had a campaign where the PCs were working for DocWagon? They've called these people in so many times, so why not turn the tables and make them be the ones that get called in. Might make for an interesting campaign, and one worthy of attempting. I can't try it with my group at the moment (we're auditioning new GMs to replace the one we had to kick out), but it might be interesting to try online sometime.

But, I need ideas of what situations they will be going into.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fox1
post Sep 15 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,660

There is a serious danger of the one trick pony in such a campaign. But it could be fun for a while.

Some thoughts:

1. Go back over your old campaigns and use those DW call in as possible adventures.

2. Watch some old TV shows/movies about rescue teams. Emergency! comes to mind if one's memory goes that far back. Even M.A.S.H. offers ideas.

+Quote Post
Bearclaw
post Sep 15 2005, 03:45 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,304

A section of Missions is dedicated to that kind of campaign.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Sep 15 2005, 11:17 PM
Post #4

Running, running, running

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,769

i might be interested in quirky ideas like this... if SR wasnt so mean on multiple deckers, i was thinking of trying something on a completely matrix level.

I was advised that even GM's who know exactly what they're doing quiver at having just 1 decker, let a lone a whole team..

I informed him that i ALWAYS knew exactly what i was doing, but i couldnt vouch for what i was SUPPOSED to be doing :D

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Sep 16 2005, 06:08 AM
Post #5

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

A couple of the books have some great ideas and sections on a DocWagon campaign. I've always thought it sounded cool, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to run it well. (Of course, that's always my fear with everything.)

My current character is ex DocWagon. He's fun, but the GM isn't really playing into it much (yet, we just started, to be fair, and the group is large).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:17 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.