Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bone Density + Bone Lacing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dashifen
QUOTE ("A Player of Mine")
My character, as it stands now has a BOD of 5. Aluminum bone lacing pumps that up to 7. Now, the tricky part... I have bone density 4, which for the purpose of damage resistance makes my BOD 11. Humans have a racial max of 9 (with augmentation), however... since it's just for damage resistance does it still count?

What do you think? I've got work to do so I can't look it up before we game tonight, so I punt to you all and see what kind of concensus (or canon ruling) may be found.

Thoughts?
Rotbart van Dainig
As this modifies Bod, even only in some conditions, it would be capped at effectivly 9 in those.
Aku
i would need the exact wording of the bone density... if it says it adds 4 to your body score while making damage resistance tests, i would say yes, you are capped at 9. if it says something like "adds 4 dice to any resistance test" thn no, because it's adding dice to the test, not directly to the score.
Rotbart van Dainig
That's the case:
QUOTE (SR4 p. 338)
Increase the recipient’s Body by the bone density rating for damage resistance tests.

Personally, I tend to rule any bonus capped as long it is not noted explicitly as an independent modifier:
Otherwise, the general caps wouldn't work.
Ravennus
My opinion?

As the book is written....

Both pieces of 'ware add to body for purposes of damage resistance. Nothing more, nada, zip, zero. It does not add to the body attribute as a whole, therefore it's not capped.

Other than that, I don't find it unbalancing. In fact, there are much easier ways (and cheaper on nuyen and essence) to get your damage resistance up to 11 and beyond.

-Ravennus
Fortune
That's my view of how it should be as well. Whether it's actually canon is up in the air.
Ravennus
BTW, I've never thought that Bone Lacing and Bone Density stacked. I've always thought they were mutally exclusive, like Muscle Replacement vs. Toner/Augmentation.
Though, I might just be getting this from SR3.

But if you can stack them, does that mean (technically) that the bonus to unarmed dmg stacks as well?

That would be pretty sick... but if there's nothing written in SR4 to prevent it.... *shrug*

Edit: Also, DAMN...........you would be one HEAVY motherfragger. I know SR4 doesn't have specific rules yet for extra wieght w/lacing and density (it just says it makes you heavier with no specifics), but still. You probably would break a sweat just walking a block, lol.
hobgoblin
i dont see any incompatiblity issue. bone dencity basicly makes the bones more dense, as in more bone mass.

bone lacing on the other hand is a grid or lace of material on top of the existing bone structures.

i would say that they are perfectly compatible.

the reason the muscle treatments are not is found in the name of the first one. your replacing the muscles with something that act the same way but isnt the same. the bioware on the other hand builds on the existing tissues by having the body grow more of one of the two types of cells. kinda like steroids, only in a more controled fashion.

as for the weight, and breaking out in a sweat issue. thankfully they have now removed the set weight increases as this made some people complain about the logics of the game.

the issue was that if your weighing more, how come your punches gets stronger? ie, should not the extra weight indicated by the decreased carrying capacity create a drop in the speed you can move your limbs? this therefor offseting the effect of the extra mass when it comes to the power of the strike.

by the looks of what your writing it seems that now it just says that your body becomes heavyer (fully understandable given the extra mass) but as the weight and height of a character is ultimatly a roleplaying aspect there is no reason to set a specific weight increase.

as in now things make logical sense as your just as agile after the treatment as before the treatment. the body have compensated for the extra mass by producing an extra amount of muscle cells.
HappyDaze
bone lacing on the other hand is a grid or lace of material on top of the existing bone structures.

IIRC, the lacing takes place within the bone matrix. This means that it's internal to the organs (yes, bones are organs) and not simply "on top" of it. Since it is quite likely that this is where density increases via bioware would also work, it certainly could be mutually exclusive much like muscle replacement vs. muscle augmentation/toner.

Jay
Lord Ben
Except that all those other things specifically say they're not compatible with each other. Nothing in either description though for lacing and density, therefore they stack.
Ravennus
So I ask again....

If they stack, does that mean that the additional bonus to unarmed damage stacks as well? So, combining Titanium Bone Lacing (I don't know why it's so much harder to get in 2070 than 2060) with Bone Density 4 gives you....

+7 to Body for purposes of damage resistance ONLY
+1 to ballistic and impact armor
+6 DV to unarmed attacks, while also making them do physical damage?!

Ech

Either way, I don't have my SR3 books here, but I keep thinking that they were incompaitable in there. Though, I know SR4 is a whole other beast, so...

-Ravennus

EDIT- Again, this showcases another reason why the cyberlimb rules in Shadowrun are so fubar. I'm sorry, but no matter how dense/strong you make a persons bones, then lattice it with metal....they will never be a tough or as strong as a full metal cyberlimb. Why then do the cyberlimbs not give you extra damage resistance or a bonus to your unarmed damage? Heck, if I replace my entire body with cyber, I should be taking more damage and hitting harder than any meat puppet with tougher bones!
hobgoblin
hmm, cant find bone density under bioware in M&M, so unless it was in some other book then its a new bio mod...
Superbum
They are technically doing the same thing, though. Both pieces of ware are designed to strengthen the bones so that they can take more and dish out more. The only difference (besides stats) is that one is bioware and one is cyberware.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
hmm, cant find bone density under bioware in M&M, so unless it was in some other book then its a new bio mod...

It was in SotA63 as GenTech: Calcitonin.
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (Ravennus)
So I ask again....

If they stack, does that mean that the additional bonus to unarmed damage stacks as well? So, combining Titanium Bone Lacing (I don't know why it's so much harder to get in 2070 than 2060) with Bone Density 4 gives you....

+7 to Body for purposes of damage resistance ONLY
+1 to ballistic and impact armor
+6 DV to unarmed attacks, while also making them do physical damage?!

Ech

Either way, I don't have my SR3 books here, but I keep thinking that they were incompaitable in there. Though, I know SR4 is a whole other beast, so...

-Ravennus

EDIT- Again, this showcases another reason why the cyberlimb rules in Shadowrun are so fubar. I'm sorry, but no matter how dense/strong you make a persons bones, then lattice it with metal....they will never be a tough or as strong as a full metal cyberlimb. Why then do the cyberlimbs not give you extra damage resistance or a bonus to your unarmed damage? Heck, if I replace my entire body with cyber, I should be taking more damage and hitting harder than any meat puppet with tougher bones!

Still you're increasing the body, which has a maximum of dum dum dum 9 in a human (augmented ofcourse). Body can still only max out at 9 no matter how many augmentations you put on it. Hence the whole augmented maximum thing going on with the rules.

Actualy there are pro's and cons to each Ravennus.

Bioware Pro-

You get extra dice to reduce damage with.

Cyberlimb Pro-

You automaticaly get a bonus box of health.
You can install armor in your cyberlimbs which will give you the same effect as some of the bioware.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Sep 20 2005, 07:49 PM)

It was in SotA63 as GenTech: Calcitonin.

and by the looks of it have no listed problem with bone lace. that is if they didnt errata it in...
Fortune
QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet)
Still you're increasing the body, which has a maximum of dum dum dum 9 in a human (augmented ofcourse). Body can still only max out at 9 no matter how many augmentations you put on it. Hence the whole augmented maximum thing going on with the rules.

He is assuming that isn't the case, seeing as the implants do not improve the Attribute in all situations.
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet @ Sep 21 2005, 04:00 AM)
Still you're increasing the body, which has a maximum of  dum dum dum 9 in a human (augmented ofcourse).  Body can still only max out at 9 no matter how many augmentations you put on it.  Hence the whole augmented maximum thing going on with the rules.

He is assuming that isn't the case, seeing as the implants do not improve the Attribute in all situations.

Think of it this way...you have a glass which represents your attributes.

You have your standard attributes normaly that fill the glass half way up. And beside it you have a pitcher of water. With almost another glass full of water (definately more than what your glass can hold with the amount of water you already have in it) in it for when you are resisting damage. Now you can pour that entire pitcher of water into that glass, but that glass is still only going to be able to hold so much the rest is just going to be wasted as it spills everywhere.

Just beause your adding it in certain specific situations does not mean the rules suddently no longer apply.
Fortune
Yeah, we can each make analogies that reflect the different sides of the question. The point remains that there is some question about it in regards to canon, and Ravennus is, for now, going under the assumption that one side is the correct way in order to continue the discussion.

Even for the purposes of the argument, you are right and the character's Body could not be increased. Nothing limits other increases (like the extra damage potential) from potentially coming into play. This is what he wants to discuss.
hobgoblin
thats one thing that i dont want to bother with, limits.

i can understand the natural body having limits but thats why we have tech, to overcome said limits.

so why on earth should there be a limit on the effects of implants? (outside of gamebalance that is)
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (Fortune)
Yeah, we can each make analogies that reflect the different sides of the question. The point remains that there is some question about it in regards to canon, and Ravennus is, for now, going under the assumption that one side is the correct way in order to continue the discussion.

Even for the purposes of the argument, you are right and the character's Body could not be increased. Nothing limits other increases (like the extra damage potential) from potentially coming into play. This is what he wants to discuss.

Only thing is with this I don't see where he's getting this +6DV to attacks.

Bone Lacing: The cellular structure of the user’s bones
is augmented with lattice chains of reinforcing plastics and
metals to improve the bones’ integrity and tensile strength,
but the augmentation also adds extra weight. Plastic bone
lacing confers a bonus of +1 to the Body attribute for damage
resistance tests. Aluminum bone lacing confers a +2
Body bonus for damage resistance tests and a +1 Impact armor
bonus (cumulative with worn armor). Titanium bone
lacing confers bonuses of +3 to Body for damage resistance
tests and +1 to both Ballistic and Impact armor. Characters
with bone lacing also inflict Physical damage with their unarmed
blows.

Bone Density Augmentation: In a long and painful
process, the molecular matrix of the subject’s bones are altered
for density and strength. The procedure also strengthens
ligaments, but as a side effect increases the character’s
weight. Increase the recipient’s Body by the bone density
rating for damage resistance tests. Characters with bone
density deal Physical damage in unarmed combat.

And there is nothing in either or those (direct quotes from the book btw) that says anything about increasing the DV of melee unarmed attacks.
hyb
Bottom of page 334
Bottom of page 338
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
thats one thing that i dont want to bother with, limits.

i can understand the natural body having limits but thats why we have tech, to overcome said limits.

so why on earth should there be a limit on the effects of implants? (outside of gamebalance that is)

I believe the theory is, no matter how much you amp up with machines and such there is only so much stress the human or rather metahuman body can actualy take and this would be represented by the racial max. Like you COULD get two cyberarms with a strength of 21 and theoreticaly you could lift a building out of the ground, but your cyberarms would tear out of your sockets because despite being able to lift that much your body can't support that. Hence the max attribute limits.
Fortune
There are charts at the bottom of each of those pages that give the melee stats for the respective wares.
Ravennus
QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet @ Sep 20 2005, 01:00 PM)
Bioware Pro-

Cyberlimb Pro-

You can install armor in your cyberlimbs which will give you the same effect as some of the bioware.

True, with cyberlimbs you get an extra damage box with each.

However, with capacity costs you would spend almost all the capacity in cyberlimb on armor just to compare with bone density/bone lacing/orthoskin for the sake of damage resistance. Then you wouldn't even have enough room to buy up the attributes to comparable normal meat limits. Hell, it's far worse if you are an ork or troll. Also, don't forget that the armor ratings get divided between the rest of the limbs, the torso, and the head.

-Ravennus
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (hyb @ Sep 20 2005, 01:35 PM)
Bottom of page 334
Bottom of page 338

Ah my bad there. Missed that in the table...especialy since it wasn't included in the descriptions. My appologies.

+6DV and its physical. Yup thats rather impressive. But also not overly impressive either. Max of <EDIT> 14DV base on a unarmed attack with a absolutely maxed out troll. And with a average of 9DV. For a essence cost of 2.7 with standard ware and a cost of 120,000 nuyen. And its physicaly impossible to get inside of chargen so the cost will be even more for that combo. Yeah not overly that big of a concern in my opinion. All ballances out in the end. Thanks for the info btw

<EDIT>Sorry forgot to round up so yes it would be 14 instead of 13 DV thank you hyb for pointing out my mistake.
hyb
Troll: 10 * 1.5 = 15.

Str / 2 = Base
1 / 2 = 0.5, Round Up 1.
15 / 2 = 7.5, Round up to 8

8 + 6 = 14 DV Base.

+1 Reach

Lots of Dice.

It is a lot of damage for an individual in Melee, yeah but as SP said, you can't get it in Chargen, it costs a ton of money and takes a lot of essence.

However, I think the +2 Body bonus for damage resistance tests or +1 to the Body Attribute for damage resistance tests does indeed hit the Cap. It is applying a +2 Bonus to /body/ for resistance tests only. It isn't applying +2 dice pool modifier or anything of the sort.
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (Ravennus)
Bioware Pro-

Cyberlimb Pro-

However, with capacity costs you would spend almost all the capacity in cyberlimb on armor just to compare with bone density/bone lacing/orthoskin for the sake of damage resistance. Then you wouldn't even have enough room to buy up the attributes to comparable normal meat limits. Hell, it's far worse if you are an ork or troll. Also, don't forget that the armor ratings get divided between the rest of the limbs, the torso, and the head.

-Ravennus

Thats the thing I see wrong with your view. To you cyberlimbs should be the end all be all. To me its a trade off of advantages.

Bioware allows you to increase what you have. Your natural ability.

Cyberware allows you to augment your natural ability.

There is a difference there, however slight it might be.

I'm not that strong, I could pay alot of money to increase that, or i could buy a cyberlimb and augment myself with better agility, strength and some body and a little bit of armor, or maybe a gyromount so i can shoot alot better, for cheaper (generaly).

Its a trade off. Do you want to hit your peak or do you want to be able to do things metahumans can't do?
hobgoblin
QUOTE (hyb)
However, I think the +2 Body bonus for damage resistance tests or +1 to the Body Attribute for damage resistance tests does indeed hit the Cap. It is applying a +2 Bonus to /body/ for resistance tests only. It isn't applying +2 dice pool modifier or anything of the sort.

why do that remind me of the days spent, reading and re-reading m:tg cards to see if i could find some way to abuse the wording?

as for the suboptimal cyberlimb stuff. thing is that your trowing away all the limits of meat and bone and going plastic and metal. it should be atleast compareable if not better out of the box.

i would have found it more likely that limbs are made to max human specs and then tuned down based on the user. then as the meat gets stronger one just retunes and presto.

thing is that the way cyberlimbs in SR is handled dont interface with the combat system. instead they should just say that a cyberlimb is able to match the abilitys of the rest of your meat (may get a bit hairy when going borg tho), but as its made of metal and plastic have a internal storage capasity for stuff that you normaly cant have implanted.

this way cyberlimbs have a place in the game without having to do crasy maths just to add some extra armor on it (instead its armored up when the person gets any dermal armor or similar).
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
QUOTE (hyb @ Sep 20 2005, 08:50 PM)
However, I think the +2 Body bonus for damage resistance tests or +1 to the Body Attribute for damage resistance tests does indeed hit the Cap.  It is applying a +2 Bonus to /body/ for resistance tests only.  It isn't applying +2 dice pool modifier or anything of the sort.

why do that remind me of the days spent, reading and re-reading m:tg cards to see if i could find some way to abuse the wording?

as for the suboptimal cyberlimb stuff. thing is that your trowing away all the limits of meat and bone and going plastic and metal. it should be atleast compareable if not better out of the box.

i would have found it more likely that limbs are made to max human specs and then tuned down based on the user. then as the meat gets stronger one just retunes and presto.

thing is that the way cyberlimbs in SR is handled dont interface with the combat system. instead they should just say that a cyberlimb is able to match the abilitys of the rest of your meat (may get a bit hairy when going borg tho), but as its made of metal and plastic have a internal storage capasity for stuff that you normaly cant have implanted.

this way cyberlimbs have a place in the game without having to do crasy maths just to add some extra armor on it (instead its armored up when the person gets any dermal armor or similar).

Well think of it from the corp prespective.

If they make cyberlimbs that max out metahuman potential, they're going to be expensive even if we tone them down. Or we could make a average cyberlimb that, well, we can sell for cheaper and sell add ons to and get more money in the long run through increased sales and sales of add ons.

I generaly don't agree with your perspective (not saying its not a very valid pov just that I don't agree with everything in it). I like the dynamic between bioware and cyberware that we have now. There are costs and benefits to each and I like that. Each does things differently as well. (I miss my MBW's though frown.gif )
hyb
QUOTE (hobgoblin)

Well, it still doesn't change the fact that the cyber/bioware is adding to body and not adding to the pool. This seems pretty straight forward in relation to hitting the attribute cap.

Then again, for those who don't like attribute caps, they are definitely free to ignore said caps and allow these pieces of ware to break the now non-existant cap.
Ravennus
QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet)
QUOTE (Ravennus @ Sep 20 2005, 01:39 PM)
Bioware Pro-

Cyberlimb Pro-

-Ravennus

Thats the thing I see wrong with your view. To you cyberlimbs should be the end all be all. To me its a trade off of advantages.

Bioware allows you to increase what you have. Your natural ability.

Cyberware allows you to augment your natural ability.

There is a difference there, however slight it might be.

I'm not that strong, I could pay alot of money to increase that, or i could buy a cyberlimb and augment myself with better agility, strength and some body and a little bit of armor, or maybe a gyromount so i can shoot alot better, for cheaper (generaly).

Its a trade off. Do you want to hit your peak or do you want to be able to do things metahumans can't do?

I guess I'm talking more about full body conversions in SR.

As for just buying a limb, there is absolutely no question that just buying a single limb and enhancing it will bring bring you nowhere near the potential of just enhancing the meat with cyber/bioware. Also, don't forget that the attribute enhancements to the limb only apply on select rolls, and only when using that particular limb. It's not a blanket bonus to your stats across the board.

I don't want cyberlimbs and cybernetic conversion to be the end all and be all.
For that, I'll crack out my CP2020 books and play some real cyberpunk.
I just want the option, more for flavor than for anything else, to be able to have a cyborg character that's not horribly GIMPED (game mechanics wise) compared to meat characters. I think cyberlimbs should have advantages over meat parts, and I have not yet heard or read any substantial proof of such once you factor in the mechanics (namely capacity).

As it stands now, a cyberarm gyromount in one of the only reasons you could possibly want a cyberlimb. Sure, you can get a cyberlimb for flavor, but it will be a waste of nuyen.

Also, cyberlimbs are not as cheap as you might think in SR4. Someone else on this board posted once about it...
To make it short, the most nuyen you can start with now is 250k...down from 1 million in SR3. That's 1/4 the max starting... well, cyberlimbs took a similar hit in price, but that means they just cost the same percentage of your max stating money.
Then, once you start paying 2x the nuyen for it to be Alphaware in order to save on essence...as well as all the enhancements and attachments. It gets pretty pricey, and with no clear comparison to bodyware or bioware.

Either way, this is just my opinion. You have yours, and I have mine.
It's just more and more evident that Shadowrun isn't really part of the cyberpunk genre anymore. You have to approach it as it's own game and genre.

Also, as for +6DV not being unbalancing....an ares predator only does 5DV -1AP. That means, that the average human with a strength of 3 and the previously described 'ware will do and 8DV lethal punch. No matter how strong your bones are, I have a hard time imagining that an average strength Joe could punch harder than a bullet from a 10mm heavy pistol.

As for the troll in your example.....you do realize that at 14DV per punch, he's hitting harder than an elephant rifle or sniper rifle, even once you factor the armor piercing modifiers. Hell, his punches have more raw power than a Panther Assault Cannon (the armor piercing doesn't really make up for it, as at 14DV....no one will be wearing that much armor).

In any case, it's evident we're not seeing eye to eye Shadow_Prophet, and can probably both continue arguing our points. For the sake of brevity, let's just leave it for now.

As for the original poster's question on Bone Lacing/Density stacking, I suppose we will have to wait on a clear answer from Fanpro on modified attribute limits. Until then, I can see it going either way.

-Ravennus
Shadow_Prophet
*nods* i can see issues with the going full borg there, so i'll somewhat concede my point. Though one of these days I want to sit down and remake 'Ape' (my four cyberarmed troll that used quad lmg's) in sr4 and see how he does.

Back to the bonelacing bonedensity. Its realy not a issue at all. The combination of titanium and level 4 bone density isn't available at chargen for one. Two the character has to be approved by the GM so if it is approved the GM better be damn well prepared for it. Three melee combat is not the end all be all. Four its cost prohibitive even in chargen.

The benefits of having both are far outweighed by the sheer cost and rather hefty essence drain. I've got alot better things i can waste 2.7 essence on. Heck for that much you can get 2 almost 3 cyberlimbs without even going to alphaware.

14DV -IS- most definately impressive for a punch. However aquiring that is a bit difficult, expensive, and draining. And really as the rules sit (as I interprate them with the max attribute being the max attribute end of story. I understand you believe differently but this is from my pov here) the benefits of 2.7 essence loss for 14DV that I have to get out of chargen.....I know as a player I couldn't justify the costs for 14DV in melee combat.

Ravennus
True, out of chargen...not a possibility and not really justifiable. I guess I was looking more at the potential for it. Still, you are right...there is little chance of someone coming out of chargen with it, and even if they bought Aluminum Bone Lacing+Bone Density 4, the cost and sacrifice would be pretty high.

As for your 'Ape' character...I encourage you to try and make him to see what I mean.
First of all, all cyberlimbs now start at 3 Bod/Agi/Str across the board, even if you are a troll. The highest you can buy up any one of those stats in chargen is 7, due to availability. Also, to buy attributes past 6 you need a cybertorso.
If I remember correctly, the average Body and Strength for a troll is 7...so considering average attributes on 'Ape', you would need to replace everything but the head. You'll also need to buy up the attributes on the torso as well....

So let me see...assuming you buy the Agility on the limbs to as high as possible (best for using guns, plus he's an 'ape'...good manual dexterity) at 7 as well...
That's a total of 12 capacity on each limb (+4 to each attribute), and since I assume that they are all obvious cyberarms, you only have 3 capacity left on each. Not even enough to put in a gyromount (which costs 4 capacity). This isn't even including any other doodads, like armor or even an internal ingram cybergun (which would cost a whopping 10 capacity itself in each arm).
Oh, I should probably mention that your torso won't be able to hold all those attribute enhancements. Assuming an obvious torso, you are looking 10 capacity total, so you would have to drop 2 points of attribute enhancement.

Honestly, I'm starting to believe that SR3 had better rules for cyberlimbs. The main problem was just the insane cost in nuyen and essence (for higher attribute enhancements). At least in SR3, cyberlimbs scaled with your metatype.
I know some people have mentioned the twinkiness of a human getting a troll cyberarm, but honestly...I never thought that was even in the realm of possibility, and it was never if considered in my games.

*shrug*

Honestly...and I know it's blasphemy, especially here...but I'm oddly attracted to the new Cyberpunk sourcebook that's scheduled to be released this month for D20 Modern. It'll probably be drek, but who knows....
I'm still looking for an RPG that will let me play in the Ghost in the Shell universe.

-Ravennus
Nikoli
Could just rule to add the racial modifiers to the limbs base str. so that a stock limb gets you AVG stat for the racial type, however a thor shot for anyone that installs a troll limb on a non-troll.
Shadow_Prophet
Oh rpg for playing in the Ghost in the Shell universe is BESM aka Big Eyes Small Mouth. Its the universal anime roleplaying system and I believe they have atleast one ghost in the shell supliment/guide for it.

As for the cyberlimb thing, as I don't see strength playing into recoil right now I don't realy see the need to buy strength up that much, agility on the other hand I can buy that up drop in gyromounts ect...I'll work on it when I have some time and share with you what I come up with...if I get him to work I'm not sure I'd play him simply for the fact of well he'd be essentialy a walking quad AA gun biggrin.gif Though he was hilarious to play in 3rd ed...though ran into essentialy the same problem there. Though I had to do a bit of work out of chargen to get him work in 3rd ed unlike what seems to be the case in 4th (horray for gyro mounts for arms being within starting avail)
Ravennus
Sweet. I have BESM, I just didn't know that they had guides out for GitS yet. Thanks for the tip! biggrin.gif

-Ravennus

EDIT: Prophet, do you have a link on the GitS supplement? I googled it, but I couldn't find anything, even on the main BESM site. Thanks!
Squinky
Well, if you wanted to hit real hard out of the box, screw combining bone lacing and density, just get density at 4 and 6 levels of critical strike. str/2+9 right off.

It's not a bad deal for an adept either at 80k (16bp) and 1.2 essence you get the equivalent of 5.25 magic points worth of stuff.
Body+4==4 magic
physical damage unarmed (killing hands).5
+3 damage(crit strike at 3).75

Pay 160k and its only one magic loss...
Fortune
QUOTE (Squinky)
Well, if you wanted to hit real hard out of the box, screw combining bone lacing and density, just get density at 4 and 6 levels of critical strike. str/2+9 right off.

You couldn't have a Power over the level of your Magic Attribute. Since you couldn't have a Magic Attribute of 6 because of Essence loss, you could not have Critical Strike at level 6.
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (Ravennus)
Sweet. I have BESM, I just didn't know that they had guides out for GitS yet. Thanks for the tip! biggrin.gif

-Ravennus

EDIT: Prophet, do you have a link on the GitS supplement? I googled it, but I couldn't find anything, even on the main BESM site. Thanks!

I could have sworn I saw one. Bleh. I'll look some more frown.gif
Autarkis
I remember seeing a picture of a BESM product that looked very close to GitS. If they have BESM for Tri-Gun, they should have it for GitS.
Phoniex
How do you make titanium more dense? Is it just me or doesn't it seem kinda illogical that you can have the bone lacing and the density? And conversely how much of a bonus can your dense bones get if they are partially replaced by titanium?

Though i will agree if the 2 are compatable (yes no-where does it say they are not) then the bonuses should stack, and there is no cannon limit on "bonus damage resistance dice".

but does it make sense?
Rotbart van Dainig
It does not give "bonus damage resistance dice" - it gives a bonus to Body, if only conditional, this means it is capped like any other attribute bonus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012