Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF: Did Celedy knew? [SPOILERS WARNING]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JesterX
On P.95, the Dragon Celedyr asked for the now flatlined decked named Neurosys to be "remained connected to the matrix and not disconnected at any cost.

Why?

Did Celedyr knew about JackBNimble ?!?!

[EDIT: Sorry about the missing "R" in the topic...]
Westiex
You might want to post which book you're referring to - SR4 or System Failure?
Elve
In the Topic is written SF...

I don't think he knows about JackBNimble, but about Ghosts in the Machine...
JesterX
Did Transys-Neuronet managed to get a working datajack for dragons (and other awakened creatures) in the past few years?

How can Celedyr have learned about Ghosts in the Machine? My best guest would have been "a communication with Alice"... but... Why the hell did he took the decision to leave Neurosis connected?!
Dashifen
I'm pretty sure that Celedyr was using trodes to deck, but that's beside the point. I see no reason why Celedyr (and perhaps the other greats) couldn't know about JackBNimble, considering the Big D had it for quite a while. As for how he knew about Neurosis being a Ghost in the Machine, maybe he was just checking in on other draconic deckers following the crash and realized the problem. Then, he took steps to ensure the continued "existence" of Neurosis. Now, what he wants to do with the digital dragon ....... that remains to be seen ................
Urgewyrm
It could also be as simple as Celedyr doesn't want to let the body of a vassal/tool to die off before he fully explores his options.

You'd think if Celedyr had any foreknowledge of the events in SF he'd have prepared Transys better for Loffie shutting down the European grids.

Ancient History
This reminds me of what happened with Ronin in Brainscan.
blakkie
QUOTE (Dashifen)
I see no reason why Celedyr (and perhaps the other greats) couldn't know about JackBNimble, considering the Big D had it for quite a while.

Know about it, but not what it was.....unless Dunk was lieing in his will about not knowing what was in it.
JesterX
QUOTE (Ancient History)
This reminds me of what happened with Ronin in Brainscan.

I don't have that book... What happened?
JesterX
-The fall of Art Dankwalther with Lowyr having an interrest in the matter...
-S-K cutting itself from the matrix, just in time...
-The merger between Transys and Novatech...
-Lynn Osbourne and J-C Priault trying to shut Atropos down...
-NeoNet being the backbone of the new matrix...

I'm getting paranoiac...

The dragons knew it would happen... and they used that to their benefits...

I'm not saying that Lofwyr and Celedyr are working together... I'm only saying that They both knew... and they both used this at their advantages

(As always...)
mfb
celedyr used trodes (or maybe goggles+gloves) to deck. however, one of the dragons in his employ (can't recall the name, Ehlion or something like that, but he first appeared in Dragon Hunt) had a datajack.

and of course some dragons knew something was coming. remember the short fiction about the oracles?
Typhon

QUOTE (JesterX)

A little off topic but is anyone else worried that the Backbone of the New Matrix has the name Neo? .... Damn you Wachowski brothers!
hahnsoo
QUOTE (mfb)
celedyr used trodes (or maybe goggles+gloves) to deck. however, one of the dragons in his employ (can't recall the name, Ehlion or something like that, but he first appeared in Dragon Hunt) had a datajack.

It was Eliohann, who was also Neurosis (the name of a decker who got fried, and Eliohann took his persona). Thus, Eliohann is also the dragon that got "stuck" when the Matrix crashed.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Typhon)
QUOTE (JesterX)

A little off topic but is anyone else worried that the Backbone of the New Matrix has the name Neo? .... Damn you Wachowski brothers!

Screw the Wachowski brothers, go straight to the source.

Damn you, Greeks!

~J
bclements
QUOTE (JesterX)
-Lynn Osbourne and J-C Priault trying to shut Atropos down...

They probably did in the end (too late for the notice, but he was more than likely floating out of an airlock soon after). Not too many places to hide on a space station.

And didn't Celedyr get 'outmanuvered' by the head guy from Erika?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012