Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gang initiation rituals
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
I'm running my SR3 campaign tonight, and one of the players has finally decided to join the Ancients. She's been hanging out with them and has pretty good relations with the leaders (Spike at first, then Green Luficer too), but a few grunts despise her (something about an outsider waltzing in and snatching their preciousss Lucifer). wink.gif

I've been ill and busy with work this week, so I didn't have the time to think a good initiation ritual.

Possibilities include:

- Killing a member of the Spikes, a go-gang of elf-hating trolls.

- Fighting a magical duel (she's a Phoenix shaman) with the rules introduced in SotA:2063.

- Surviving a beating from her fellow Ancients.

- Tagging Tir Tairngire's embassy or a Humanis chapterhouse with graffitti.

- Stealing a valuable item and delivering it to the gang.

Edit: Oh yeah, she knows nothing about the Ancients' ties with certain Tir nobles.

Opinions?
Yoan
I'd go for 'Tagging Tir Tairngire's embassy or a Humanis chapterhouse with graffitti.'... probably the first one.
Fortune
I'd give her a choice ... probably between killing a member of the Spikes or surviving a beating from the Ancients.

Have you read Kanada Ten's write-ups on the Ancients?

Speaking of which, when are we going to see more of that, K10?
ShadowDragon8685
I'd say tag a Humanis chapterhouse with graffiti.

And by "Tagging," I mean the inside. During a meeting. And by "Graffiti," I mean with a grenade.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
I'd say tag a Humanis chapterhouse with graffiti.

And by "Tagging," I mean the inside. During a meeting. And by "Graffiti," I mean with a grenade.

Humanis Chapterhouse - Kill it with fire.

I'm not sure of her abilities or the power level of the campaign, but mundane arson should be an option in even the lowest level campaigns.

There is always the "sexing in" option.
JongWK
QUOTE (Fortune)
Have you read Kanada Ten's write-ups on the Ancients?

I'm afraid not. Where can I find it?
Ancient History
Boy is brown belt.
-Mr Miagi

Unfortunately, I can't find the original stuff. :(
Fortune
This is the link to the original thread on the old Forums, but I don't think they are online at the moment.

There was nothing extra in the old thread though.
ShadowDragon8685
Arson sounds good to me.
Trax
Fire is always a winner.
Fortune
Arson is more the Halloweeners' style though.
ShadowDragon8685
Even better. Get two of your rivals into a hate war with each other, then roll all up in the shizzle when it's done and take over. smile.gif
Fortune
That's all fine and dandy as a task for an actual member, but in my opinion, Initiation should be something standard that relates to the specific gang itself.
JongWK
I thought about arson, but Fortune said it right: that's for the Halloweeners. pumpkin.gif

Here's a short summary of what happened: Adriel was allowed to choose between a beating by the rest of the gang, being "sexed in," killing an enemy of the Ancients (a troll called Torgo) or tagging Humanis' HQ in Renton and bringing back proof.

Adriel immediately rejected being sexed in, as it would have reduced her hard-earned rep to damn near zero. She didn't want her rivals in the gang to get wrong ideas (or see how tough she really isn't), so out goes the beating too.

Tagging Humanis looked like fun, so she chose that. Lucky me, I'll be able to introduce the players to Lord Torgo later on. wink.gif

Using a disguise, smarts and good ol' Physical Mask, Adriel infiltrated Humanis's HQ and managed to make it into Karl Brackhaven's office. While looking for an object that could be used as proof, she had to hide when Brackhaven came back, bringing along his nephew, Kenneth. Both men discussed next year's elections, with Karl angry that Kenneth had decided against running for President. Kenneth's explanation was that President Steele seemed too popular at the moment, especially after giving citizenship to Dunkelzahn. "Had things been different, I'd be there, but I'm not burning myself against Steele."

The guys finished their coffees and left, leaving Adriel with a juicy bit of information. She tagged Karl Brackhaven's office and took her proof: a picture of Karl, Kenneth and little Tiffany. After that, she escaped as quietly as possible and returned to the Ancients. The gang held a mock Rite of Naming ceremony and officially welcomed her into their ranks.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Boy is brown belt.
-Mr Miagi

Unfortunately, I can't find the original stuff. frown.gif

The Question Man reposted the entire thing here, because he's insane.
Fortune
We want more!
lodestar
Why don't you just tell us all how you became an Ancient Fortune? biggrin.gif
Fortune
It's a loooong story. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012