Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Release Schedule
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BishopMcQ
I apologize if this question has been asked but my searching through the forums has only given up this small kernel of hope.
QUOTE (Bull)
QUOTE (SL James @ Aug 22 2005, 01:29 PM)
I thought Unwired was the Fourth Edition version of Matrix.
It is. There are 4 planned books right now: Street magic, Unwired, Augmentation, and Arsenal. The titles for all but Street Magic are still tentative.

Bull
Are there any recorded dates for the release of these books, even as vague as Spring of '06?
RunnerPaul
Well, seeing as last I heard, SR4 hadn't even made it to the retailer shelves yet, maybe a vague date for those future titles is for the best right now.
Aku
Eventually ™
Valos
I believe that the corebook should already be released.. i have heard talkings on irc about some ppl having it on pdf but im not sure, maybe its only a beta thingy...
Nikoli
SR4 should have hit the US Retailer stores by now. They haven't (Sept 15th was the date given to my FLGS by their distributor).
The PDF is on sale now, check ShadowrunRPG.com for details. (It's not a beta thing).
Currently my FLGS isn't expecting anything until October.
So does anyone know anything about shape-shifters. I'm working on coverting my SR3 characters to SR4. Guess I'll stay to SR3 and keep updated in the SR4 world. I've really liked what I've seen so far.

Oh and you guys at FanPro or Wizkids; don't let it go to your head. Just because something was good doesn't mean it has to stay good. Keep working hard, and I'm sure you'll out do yourselves.
Kagetenshi
We know two things: first, that the alpha male in a pack of wolves will sometimes really be a wolf shapeshifter, and two, a shapeshifter is a good example of someone who would be Untrained in technological things. Those are the only two mentions of shifters in all of SR4 thus far.

~J
Zen Shooter01
I think they should have named the magic book Augary, just to stick with the one-word-starts-with-A theme of Aresenal and Augmentation. Which are pretty cool titles.
Spookymonster
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Sep 18 2005, 06:50 PM)
I think they should have named the magic book Augary, just to stick with the one-word-starts-with-A theme of  Aresenal and Augmentation. Which are pretty cool titles.

You know... I really like that idea (if for no other reason than I like the word 'augary')!
mintcar
Do you mean augury? My dictionary says it means something like an omen. A bit obscure for us non-anglo people.
Grinder
Imo Arcana would be nice - and less obscure for us non-native english speakers. smile.gif
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Grinder)
Imo Arcana would be nice - and less obscure for us non-native english speakers. smile.gif

But Arcana comes with a lot of D20 baggage. Modern Arcanca, Unearthed Arcana, etc.
blakkie
QUOTE (mintcar)
Do you mean augury? My dictionary says it means something like an omen. A bit obscure for us non-anglo people.

Get a better dictionary? wink.gif

The art, ability, or practice of auguring; divination.

It is basically an synonym for divination. I don't like it though, nor Arcana for that matter.
mintcar
The dictionary is fine. It says that augury means "järtecken" wink.gif That can just as easily be divination as omen. It is an old swedish word for a sign that tells of future events, mostly bad ones (the last part is the reason I thought it meant omen).
Spookymonster
How about Abracadabra - the Advanced Magic Sourcebook for Shadowrun? silly.gif
BishopMcQ
Release dates? Rumblings of seasons when these books will be released in either electronic or print format?
blakkie
QUOTE (mintcar @ Sep 19 2005, 08:57 AM)
The dictionary is fine. It says that augury means "järtecken"  wink.gif  That can just as easily be divination as omen. It is an old swedish word for a sign that tells of future events, mostly bad ones (the last part is the reason I thought it meant omen).

Get a better language? rotfl.gif

P.S. Augury also refers to omens, as well as the reading of omens, thus divination. The problem is your translation dictionary is just a one or two word translation, and you didn't realize you should consider both meanings of järtecken.
Grinder
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Sep 19 2005, 09:05 AM)
Imo Arcana would be nice - and less obscure for us non-native english speakers.  smile.gif

But Arcana comes with a lot of D20 baggage. Modern Arcanca, Unearthed Arcana, etc.

I know, i know. But maybe this would sell some books to stupid d20-gamers who don't read the whole cover text? biggrin.gif

the_dunner
At this stage in the game, I'd consider it too early to even speculate on release dates for any of these books. Technically, Street Magic was included in the 2005 FanPro catalog. And, technically, it's been bantered that they were going to aim to have it out in late 2005.

But, consider that last year at GenCon, Running Wild and Loose Alliances were both mentioned as aiming for a late 2004 release. I wouldn't bank on anything just yet.
blakkie
When does the 2005 year end? (no this isn't nessasarily a silly question) Because the only hints i've seen about Street Magic is early spring 2006.

Also since the retail channels tend to order books at least a few months ahead of release it would make sense that books that are likely to come out in the first few months of 2006 would start be ordered by the end of the 2005 calander year.

EDIT: Didn't Running Wild get rescheduled from a SR3 product to an SR4 product? They have the cover, i assume they ate the development work on it for now. I doubt that will happen with Street Magic.
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (blakkie)
When does the 2005 year end? (no this isn't nessasarily a silly question) Because the only hints i've seen about Street Magic is early spring 2006.

Also since the retail channels tend to order books at least a few months ahead of release it would make sense that books that are likely to come out in the first few months of 2006 would start be ordered by the end of the 2005 calander year.

EDIT: Didn't Running Wild get rescheduled from a SR3 product to an SR4 product? They have the cover, i assume they ate the development work on it for now. I doubt that will happen with Street Magic.

Depends on if you're refering to fiscal year or callendar year, or even company year.

I can't remember when fiscal years typicaly start and stop, I believe around march? I could be completely and utterly off with that mind you its been a long time since I took any accounting courses and even longer since I've talked to my mother who's a cpa on what a fiscal year actualy is.

Callendar year it ends ofcourse december 31st.

Now the company year is completely relative to the company. The last company i was with had a year starting in the middle of october due to when they started up and got everything going the way they wanted it and opened their new office. Some don't use a company year like that, some do. Hard to tell regarding Fanpro, and likely the only ones who realy know are fanpro themselves.
Aku
fiscal year, i beleive ends in march, as it's the closest cut off for (american) tax day (april 15th). However, fiscal quarters are counted, not named (in the 3rd fiscal quarter, fanpro released the Fourth Ediition of the cyberpunk Roleplaying game...) where as calendar quarters are named (spring 2006). Company time should be kept internal, and no external timing should be done on it.
Grinder
QUOTE (blakkie)
EDIT: Didn't Running Wild get rescheduled from a SR3 product to an SR4 product?

Yep.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Sep 19 2005, 09:18 AM)

You forgot D20 Modern's attempt at the guns&tech&magic genre: Urban Arcana, which more or less is the D20 knockoff of Shadowrun.
Whither
A company's fiscal year is whatever they want it to be. Most use calendar year. A significant number use March 31st, June 30th or September 30th but a bunch use other end of months. I'm not aware of any that have end dates within a month.
Smed
QUOTE (McQuillan)
Release dates? Rumblings of seasons when these books will be released in either electronic or print format?

At this point I'd be happy just to hear an updated release date on the print version of the main 4th edition sourcebook and System failure...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012