Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sense'ware and your Commlink
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BishopMcQ
Ok, so I've read the reviews, listened to arguments about how screwed up wireless communications are and how dangerous they could be.

Now I'm trying to approach this from an in-game standpoint.

I have cyber-eyes, cyber-ears, with the complete package. Wireless communication I've decided is risky but I need to let my team know what's going on.

If I disable the wireless features of these devices and run the data straight through a datajack to my Commlink, how can I further protect myself from seeing blue butterflies and hearing the Flight of the Valkyries.

MY PAN is set to Invisible or Ghost Mode and I'm running encryption on my communications with my teammates who are on the allowed list.

Have I missed anything?
Rotbart van Dainig
Databombs on any device and IC, plus encrypted device communication.
Bandwidthoracle
Agents or Sprites (Depending on party) gaurding your team's network.
Wasabi
QUOTE (Bandwidthoracle)

Agent-4's with a Reality filter to raise their Response by 1, then Analyze and 6 other programs to sweep and clear any intruders. smile.gif

IC on your firewall, Black IC if you are feeling frisky.
Bandwidthoracle
QUOTE (Wasabi)
QUOTE (Bandwidthoracle @ Sep 18 2005, 02:28 PM)

Agent-4's with a Reality filter to raise their Response by 1, then Analyze and 6 other programs to sweep and clear any intruders. smile.gif

IC on your firewall, Black IC if you are feeling frisky.

How do you go about doing that? Can you have IC specific to a program, or does it just have to be to the device hosting the firewall?
Ranneko
It would be on the device, but you would set it to activate and lock down the device if an intruder is detected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012