Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR 4 - When do the retailers get it?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BAD_CALVIN
I apologize ahead of time, but I keep getting conflicting info. My local store does not have SR4 core rulebook yet. Should I be expecting it any time soon? Anyone know?
Aku
eventually™
BAD_CALVIN
fair enough man.
I won't hold my breath or cuss anyone out at my local store then

. I don't get on the net to much these days so I am not in the "loop". I appreciate the quick response.

I may have to consider downloading the pdf, have to see how much it would cost to have officemax print it for me.

Grinder
In 2005.

Hopefully.
blakkie
QUOTE (BAD_CALVIN @ Sep 19 2005, 01:51 PM)
I may have to consider downloading the pdf, have to see how much it would cost to have officemax print it for me.

It is about double-sided 180 pages, green and black on most with full color on 16 pages. I printed them out myself, fortunate to have a color laser. No duplex module but i just used Acrobat's ability to print Odd-only or Even-only to feed the pages through twice to have it printed double sided.

It cost me the $3.50 CDN to have Office Depot punch and bind it with one of those plastic coils. It works GREAT because i can fold it completely back with no spline to worry about.

I didn't bother printing out page "A". For the cover page i used the inside front page of the manual that has a black/green circut background and some blur from the top of the page. and simplely says:
Shadowrun
Forth Edition
FanPro

If you aren't crazy about the cover art this seems more viable.

P.S. I found that the PS printer files for the 16 sample character pages, where they kept the full graphic quality, were in total about twice as large as the other 330+ pages combined. So you might want to skip over those if you are having problems printing starting around page 89.
Nightcrawler472
On a related note, anyone know when it's out in the UK? I'd prefer not to get the .pdf and then try to print it out (since the printer here sucks), but nobody seems to know when the actual book is coming out frown.gif
Gildashard
So is it legal to print the pdf for you're own use?

In that regard, is it legal to scan the book (OCR'ed) into pdf format for your own use.
blakkie
QUOTE (Gildashard @ Sep 20 2005, 11:16 AM)
So is it legal to print the pdf for you're own use?

In that regard, is it legal to scan the book (OCR'ed) into pdf format for your own use.

I don't have the exact link on the Battlecorp site, but yes you have permission for printing for your personal use.

The scanning/OCRing of the print book is more a local legal issue that would vary somewhat by jurisdiction. But in any event it is so trivial if you were to do it for your own personal use that i doubt it would ever be challenged. As soon as you started passing it around though, even to other book owners that becomes another matter.
mintcar
The pdf comes with a blessing to print to your heartīs content as far as I know. Scaning a book is a different story, I donīt think you can do it. The pdf I supposed to be printed.
Gildashard
Being legal to print the pdf, but not scan the book into pdf would make no sense. It's two sides of the same thing.

Then we get back to the question of if you buy the book, why do you have to pay so much extra to get the pdf. How much of the fee is your access to the intellectual property. I still think they make quite a bit more profit on each pdf they sell.
Conskill
When I ordered my copy at the local Barnes & Noble last week, they said one and a half to three weeks.

Whether that has even a passing resembalance to reality is up for debate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012