Okay, here is my build. Not sure if it's good.

Romulus, Ork Street Ninja. He's an Ork who wants the most out of his life before he dies. He's charismatic and a party guy and can buy/sell nearly anything. He has very little interest in saving money, etc since he's expected to die young. He lives in a nice boat in the harbor and just lives like a partying hedonist. Not sure if you read that article out recently about people who have brain injury and reduced emotional capacity being able to make better logical decisions? Anyhow, I figured being low on essense might give you that sort of persona so I took low intuition high logic. Willpower is low because he's sort of a hedonist. Edge is low because he's used up all his luck.

Ork 20bp
Attributes 200bp:
Body 8 (11)
Agility 5 (7)
Reaction 3 (5)
Strength 6

Charisma 4
Intuition 1
Logic 5
Willpower 1
Edge 1

Qualities +30bp
Sunlight Allergy +10
Addiction to Long Haul (waste no time sleeping when you only live to 45!) +5
Illegal SINner +10
Weak Immune System +5
Incompent: Motorcycles +5
First Impression -5

Skills 148bp:
Firearms GS: 4
Close Combat GS: 1
Athletics GS: 1
Negotiation: 6 (+2 buying and selling hardware)
Infiltration: 4
Perception: 4
Armorer: 1 +2 Firearms
Hardware: 1 +2 Mag Locks
First Aid: 1 +2 Combat Wounds
Etiquette: 1 +2 Street Gangs
Demolitions: 1 +2 Foam Explosives

Gear 50bp
Cyber Eyes w/ goodies
Cyber Ears w/ goodies
Wired Reflexes 2
Bone Density R3
Orthoskin R3
Muscle Toner R2
The 17000y boat
10,000y starting gear?

Connections 1/Loyalty 3 - Harbor Master where I dock my boat. I killed his wife for him and he owes me big time.
Con1/Loy1 - Combat Biker "Athlete" who I take fishing from time to time.

What gear should I get? I figure a basic pistol + armor jacket is all I need to start with. I was going to buy my weapons in game to try out my new dice pool when buying gear. Also, I'm completely at a loss as to how to set up my comm link to my PAN and how to equip it with protection and what that costs. Or what other crap I'm expected to have as a typical citizen. If I'm a criminal SINner can I get by without a SIN? It's not like being with one is exactly rare or anything.