Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've run out of and/or grand ideas, so...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wonazer
...and movie icons. Luckily for me, my group will appreciate it. I don't want these ideas to ever take the foreground, except in very brief moments (like the group hearing the Predator 'hiss' or their victory 'wail') or an indirect manner (Like *Aliens* being the reason that Renraku went into lock down).

Other ideas where MIB, Robocop, and Marvel/DC comic characters (if they can be fairly well explained in SR).

That's some of what my Co-GM and I came up with last night at the coffee shop. However, we had just left work and were tired. I am sure you guys can come up with a bunch more.

Any ideas?
Ancient History
Couple.
Nyxll
check out the run generator at http://www.dashifen.com/ or the generator plugins (run and contact) that I wrote for the Omnihedron
Snow_Fox
go for older movies. Everyone knows Arnold's films and Die Hard and the rest but go a little further back to the 60's and earlier. War films like Where Eagles Dare , 633 Squadron and Guns of Naverone have elements easily adaptable top games. Both have dramatic elements that stick in the mind, for example in Where Eagles Dare everyone who's seen it remembers the cable car ride into the castle but may not remember the twists and turns of plots and counter plots. The first time i saw it, at the films climax Richard Burton had tied logic into such nots that I forgot Clint Eastwood was in the thing at all. 633 Squadron has a famous flying scene-which George Lucas admitted was one of two inspirations for the attack on the Death Star in Star wars. but htere is also a "b" plot with resistance agents trying to get by german occupiers with info.

The movies of James bond can be adapted and if you look at some of the old Abobt and Costello films there are plenty of plot lines there. Make the response to the criminal elem,ent serious instead of runinng and screaming and many go right to shadow runs- Hold that Ghost, A&C meet the Killer, Comin' Round the mountain, A&C Meet the Invisible Man, Here come the Co-ed's if you want a magical run try A&C meet the Frankenstien monster, or Time of their Lives.
Wonazer
Thanks, Fox. I'll take a look at those as well. While I didn't intend on the characters being in any way directly involved with the ideas, I may just have to rent a few classic movies and brainstorm.

My group already has a hard time accepting canon Shadowrun and my heart is not in the fight. I have changed so much of Shadowrun to reflect how I think the progression should go and to incorporate the 1990's into the feel of the theme. In addition, I have no plans to publish, so I use the correct names for the corps and other businesses.

One of the hardest things I've done as a GM of Shadowrun was to get myself out of the RL mindset. My players would tell me that their characters are going to head down to the 7-11 and I wouldn't think twice about it. I knew which one they were talking about and just said ok. I went with this for so long that they began to argue with me when I told them something they were expecting to be there, wasn't. It's not their fault though, I led them to believe things hadn't changed in 60+ years.

Anyhow, I have a lot of work to do and it all seems uphill. but, it's worth it. I love this game. =)

Keep coming with the ideas! Background or foreground!
nick012000
One word: Batman. He had millionaire parents (before they were killed by criminals), is the head of his own corporation, and fights crime when he isn't running the business.

He's almost certainly got 8+ ranks in Unarmed Combat, Throwing Weapons, Athletics, and Stealth, and straight 9s in all of his attributes. How much Karma that would need for an unaugmented human, I wouldn't know. Not to mention the fact that he's probably running around in security armor and has a whole bunch of neato gadgets in his belt.
Wonazer
That would be interesting. How would you handle a world that has Batman and other (SR explainable) comic book characters and movie icons? I've already strayed from canon quite a ways, I am willing to go farther if my players enjoy it.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (nick012000)
One word: Batman. He had millionaire parents (before they were killed by criminals), is the head of his own corporation, and fights crime when he isn't running the business.

He's almost certainly got 8+ ranks in Unarmed Combat, Throwing Weapons, Athletics, and Stealth, and straight 9s in all of his attributes. How much Karma that would need for an unaugmented human, I wouldn't know. Not to mention the fact that he's probably running around in security armor and has a whole bunch of neato gadgets in his belt.

As an enemy or a Deus ex Machina super NPC? One would be murder the other would be like every other adventure book.

I say KISS Army.
nick012000
Well, Batman is an uncybered mundane, so if you open up on him with the HMG loaded w/ APDS, he dies just like everyone else.
toturi
He is a uncybered mundane with a aircraftcarrier-load of karma. You do not argue with karma.
Grinder
And he has a lot of really high-end gadgets, just think of his bat-belt. biggrin.gif
Grinder
"Robin, did i tell you of my Bat-Anti-Bullet-Shield? Fits easily into my belt but protects me of any kind of bullets."

Snow_Fox
Adam West had one of those. A plexie glass, fold up, bat shaped shield. They hid behind it one time the Penguin turned a machine gun on them.
Grinder
Ah, a classic. It's been a while since i watched the tv series. Those good old times. smile.gif
hyzmarca
Don't forget all of those pills. Adam West's Batman had a pill for every occasion. Also, the Batoosie.

Batman is a mentaly disturbed face/detective/ninja/decker/rigger with nigh unlimited resources, the world's coolest car, a giant computer, and teenage sidekick who he may or may not be in a homosexual relationship with. That isn't someone you want to mess with.

KISS is easy to incorporate into your gams. Have a Johnson hire the runners to steal a copy of a sacred tome that was written in the blood of the Prophets. This runner works for a secret shamantic cult that follows the ideals of Cat, Space Ace, Starchild, and Demon. The sacred tome, Marvel Comic's KISS #1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012