Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Amazing Shapechanging Hacker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
calypso
He currently doesn't follow the rules exactly (he's at 450 BP I think) so in addition to general comments I'm looking for ways to trim him back.

Race: Ork (20 BP)

Attributes (230 BP)
B A R S C I L W M E
6 2 2 4 3 4 6 5 4 2

Essence: 5.4
Initiative (Astral): 6 (8 )
Initiative Passes (Astral): 1 (3)
Physical Damage TracK: 11
Stun Damage TracK: 11

Active Skills (156 BP):
Conjuring Group: 2
Assensing: 3
Astral Combat: 2
Counterspelling: 4
Spellcasting: 5

Electronics Group: 2
Cybercombat: 5
Electronics Warfare: 2
Hacking: 4

Unarmed Combat: 4

Qualities:
Magician: 15
Mentor Spirit (Raven): 5
Addiction, Moderate (Hotsim): +10
Bad Luck: +20

Spells (30 BP):
Death Touch
Stunbolt
Decrease Body
Increase Reflexes
Heal
Improved Invisibility
Armor
Influence
Physical Barrier
Shapechange

Cyberware/Bioware:
Datajack
Cerebral Booster 2
Sleep Regulator

Gear (30 BP)
3 pairs of Goggles (different kinds)
Headphones
Armor Jacket
Commlink (Response 5, Signal 5, System 6, Firewall 6)]
Programs (All of them at 6 except Decrypt, Sniffer, and Track at 4)

So yeah, whatcha think? Don't be shy, if it's terrible, say so. But also say why biggrin.gif
Calypso
Fortune
Did you include the 15 BP Magician Quality? It isn't listed.
Vector
You have too many spells. For a Spellcasting of 5 you can only have 10 spells out of character generation.
blakkie
I liked my version of a conjuring/shapeshifting rigger better. He had more 1's in his Attributes which makes Shadow_Prophet very hungery for some odd reason. When you can Shapechange there is no need to waste BP on Physical Attributes other than Body. cyber.gif

P.S. I'm looking forward to bringing that 60's Disney movie feel to our game by being Shapeshifted as a dog sitting behind the wheel driving during a getaway. I think i'll call it "Dog Gone Bad". smile.gif Definately worth the -2 dice penalty for sustaining the spell.
calypso
Fortune: I did include it, forgot to list it. Will fix it now. smile.gif

Vector: I miscounted, thought I only had 10 eek.gif Nice catch.

Blakkie: I know the physical stats don't matter much, which is why they're as low as they are. But that's about as low as I'm willing to go, unless I'm specifically making a character with some handicap.

Calypso
prionic6
QUOTE (calypso)
Commlink (Response 5, Signal 5, System 6, Firewall 6)]
Programs (All of them at 6 except Decrypt, Sniffer, and Track at 4)

If you have response 5, your system (and firewall I think) will be limited to 5. As a result of that your programs will be limited to 5. You can buy it that way and upgrade respose later for it to work on 6, though.
blakkie
If you succeed a Reality Filter test on a remote node you get a +1 Response there, which ups your Response. Also i'm not sure Firewall is limited by Response.
calypso
QUOTE (blakkie)
If you succeed a Reality Filter test on a remote node you get a +1 Response there, which ups your Response. Also i'm not sure Firewall is limited by Response.

Yep, that is indeed why I have everything at 6 instead of 5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012