Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headware communications
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bearclaw
OK, what exactly do I need to communicate via radio, without talking, with rating 4 encryption, to my team mates.

radio
transducer
what else?
Backgammon
That's all. You buy Broadcast encryption normally for your radio (dunno what page, in the gear section)

Note that you can buy all of this as external gear, even the transducer, and save on Essence. Just pipe it in your datajack and you'll have the same effect as a the cyber version.
Nikoli
though I do recommend that nifty piece that let's you run conference calls.
Apparantly out of the box the transceiver and cell phones don't allow for this in cyber. they are single channel comms.
Halabis
Ok, now answer the question in a SR4 context please.

Now with a Technomancer.

Thanks!
Kagetenshi
My advice is to go with an internal datajack (obviously), internal transducer, external radio. Consider snagging two datajacks, that'll keep your options open for other 'jack-using activities.

~J

Nikoli
good point Kagetenshi. The micro-transceiver being a great choice obviously. Barring that the mil-spec comm gear.

In a SR4, Technomancer aspect...
Encryption Complex form at 4. that's about all you need as a technomancer neds no other comm device, except when trying to pose as a normal person.
mfb
internal datajack?
SL James
Yes, as opposed to a 'trode rig.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012