Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberskull and Capacity
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lord Ben
I don't have the book I was using anymore and don't remember the capacities for cyberskulls and cyber ears and eyes however I remember it being fairly close.

Can you get cybereye tech inside your cyberskull? Or do you have to purchase the eyes and ears too?

Cyberskulls could get upgraded with armor, but they don't really have agility or strength right? Does the armor stack wth the armored vests, etc?
Squinky
Weirdly enough base cybereyes have the same capacity as an obvious cyber skull :4.

You can get a rating 4 eye with 16 capacity though, which is odd again when compared to an obvious cyber arm with a 15 capacity....

Nikoli
but, you cannot load a grapple gun into your cyber-eye.
Honestly they should have used the same scale andupped the numbers as needed.
Squinky
QUOTE (Nikoli @ Sep 27 2005, 02:52 PM)
but, you cannot load a grapple gun into your cyber-eye.

There goes my character concept....

There are some issues with capacity, not in eyes so much. But the limbs still need some tweaking...
calypso
The really amusing part is that if you get a cyberskull, you can't get cybereyes. Cyberlimbs can only hold things which take up capacity, not things that take essence. Cybereyes require essence. rotfl.gif

Calypso
Squinky
That is messed up.

Unless I'm mistaken the point of getting a cyber-head is capacity and that xtra box of damage. With 4 capacity you cant do anything worth a crap and I still am not sure if it has its on attributes to put up....
Nikoli
Torsos and Skulls are the exception to that rule as they are not limbs but shells.
Squinky
That would make sense (if you are referring to them needing their own attributes) but pg. 335 says otherwise:

Critical George has Body 3, Strength 4,
and Agility 2. He has a cybertorso with a Body 6,
Strength 5, and Agility 3, a left cyberarm with Body
3, Strength 7, Agility 3, and a left cyberleg with Body
5, Strength 3, and Agility 3. If he punches someone
in the face with his left arm, he uses Agility 3 on the
attack test and Strength 7 for calculating his damage.
If he wants to run down a hallway—requiring
careful coordination of both legs—he makes his
Running + Strength Test using the lower Strength of
3. If he gets shot, however, he uses the average value of
his Body attributes, rounded down—in this case, 4.
JesterX
Cybereyes options are *MUCH* smaller than other cyberlimbs options.
Nikoli
hence why for simplicity sake, they should use the same scale, 1 capacity in an eye = 1 capacity in an ear = 1 capacity in a RFID = 1 capacity in a limb
Squinky
Agreed.
blakkie
QUOTE (Nikoli @ Sep 27 2005, 02:44 PM)
hence why for simplicity sake, they should use the same scale, 1 capacity in an eye = 1 capacity in an ear = 1 capacity in a RFID = 1 capacity in a limb

You'd then need to alter to below 1 for the capacity used for stuff you fit in them.

You'd also still have capacity 4 eyes, or you'd have capacity 0.25 eyes, to give the range of what is right now 4,8,12,16 (i think that's it). Even then i'm not sure that the capacities would line up physically. They are basically just different units of measure for each, and the scale of difference is so large that you start ending up with wacky numbers trying to use the same units of measure for both.
Nikoli
lowest granular capacity would be 1, and yes, i do realize this means altering all the capacity ratings, however it would give a smoother idea of space requirements.
blakkie
QUOTE (Nikoli @ Sep 28 2005, 09:10 AM)
lowest granular capacity would be 1, and yes, i do realize this means altering all the capacity ratings, however it would give a smoother idea of space requirements.

So the minimum eye would have 1? What would you put a cyberlimb at, 50ish?

EDIT: Or you'd keep the eyes at 4, 8, 12, 16, and just bump cyberlimbs to a few hundred so you can keep the things you are putting into the eyes at a grandularity of 1?
Squinky
Just make eye and ear capacitys read as .1 or whatnot and leave the limbs where they are (although a different discussion, I would add more capacity in general to limbs).
Lord Ben
Or allow cybereyes to be placed into a cyberskull. Say that cybereyes take up 3 or 4 capacity for cyberskulls (for both) and within the cybereyes you can still put in more mods.
Nikoli
Well, as I keep saying, the cyberskull is a shell, not a limb. you could still have natural eyes with a cyberskull, which means you can have cyber-eye replacements for them.
Stormdrake
Cyber eyes and ears are treated as diffrent "limbs" than the cyber skull. Silly from one view point but thats the only way the rules make sense as is.
Prosper
Does this mean that for some tests the agility of a torso and head is averaged in with the agility of the other "limbs"?

Assume we have a bionic starting character, and he's maxed out all his limbs to 7/7/7 (body/agility/strength). His torso is (7/5/7) since the capacity is only 10 (why a torso has such a low capacity is beyond me). Since the availability of a cyberskull is 16 (WTF?), his head is normal.

Let's assume he's a human and has no points in his physical attributes, so 1/1/1.

What are his stats?
Gothic Rose
His stats are:

Left Arm:
Body 7
Strength 7
Reaction 7
Agility 7

Right arm:
Body 7
Strength 7
Agility 7
Left Leg:
Body 7
Strength 7
Agility 7

Right Leg:
Body 7
Strength 7
Agility 7

Torso:
Body 7
Strength 7
Agility 5

Full Body:
Body 1
Strength 1
Agility 1

Those ARE HIS STATS.

Now, if he's SHOOTING you with a pistol, then his Agility is 7. Because ONE arm is being used.

If he's running, then his Strength is 7. Both limbs are being used, so we take both limb's strengths (7 and 7) and average them to 7.

If he gets shot in the torso, then his body for soaking damage is 7.

If he gets shot in the head, his body for soaking damage is 1. Because the head is being used, not any other "limb"

Prosper
So what about parachuting, diving, or infiltration? How do you determine the attribute for the whole body?
Gothic Rose
QUOTE (Prosper)
So what about parachuting, diving, or infiltration? How do you determine the attribute for the whole body?

Your attributes for your entire body are all 1. Only when you are using one of the limbs in question do you get those statistics.

Parachuting - I'd assume it would be based off of the torso and the arms agility, so you'd end up with a 6.

Infiltration - depends on what's happening. If you're just tip-toeing around, then it would be the average of the legs' agility, so 7.
snowRaven
QUOTE (Gothic Rose)
QUOTE (Prosper @ Oct 8 2005, 12:07 AM)
So what about parachuting, diving, or infiltration?  How do you determine the attribute for the whole body?

Your attributes for your entire body are all 1. Only when you are using one of the limbs in question do you get those statistics.

Parachuting - I'd assume it would be based off of the torso and the arms agility, so you'd end up with a 6.

Infiltration - depends on what's happening. If you're just tip-toeing around, then it would be the average of the legs' agility, so 7.

I disagree - from what the rules seem to imply, the 'whole body' stat is the average of all limbs if you are doing something using the whole body, but the lowest of all limbs if you are doing something that requires fine coordination.

(Don't have the page quotes atm, but it's in the entries for cyberlimbs in the gear section)

But hte cyberlimb rules have more problems - armor, for instance. You can create a character with insane armor ratings using cyberlimbs.
Squinky
Insane amounts of armor?!?! You can go out and get orthoskin on you'r squishy skin for 3 points of armor, get like 6 points on a "jogging" suit (urban Explorer), but you are limited to 4 points of armor on your cold steel cyberlimbs that you paid tons of essence for. And only up to 2 at char-gen, and it costs 2 whole hunks of precious capacity per armor point.....so you better not wanna be strong or quick on those limbs... and you better plan on somehow fitting 4 points of armor on all limbs, or else you will onlu have like 2 points if your lucky when you average....

Really, I would be amazed if a guy made a feasible cyber-guy (using the rules) that had decent cyber stats and the room left to get at least as much armor as orthoskin.....

And if you want to talk insane, just get mystic armor six for only 3 magic points....
blakkie
Don't forget to wear a helmet with that jogging suit. Not the crappy 50 nuyen.gif -/+2 one either, the 100 nuyen.gif +1/+2....if you are willing to look like a bit of a goof with the fashion mismatch.
Prosper
Hey, they offer jogging suits and helmets in a ton of styles. I bet you could get something that worked together.
Squinky
My current character concept wears a helmet that looks kind alike a mix between a motorcycle helme and football helmet, combined with an old west style face hankerchief covering his mouth area.....Helmets can be cool....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012