Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nyxll
sorry for being such a rules gimp ... but I am trying to design some hearty desert ATV's and I do not have much of an idea of where to start. I am reading the design section of rigger 3 and I am kinda lost.

So,

I wanted an ATV ... electric powered. It is mainly used for desert hunting and travel. Being quiet is a good thing so you can sneak up on game, and do the occassional smuggling run.

The atv would have a trailer... it is mainly designed for economy, not speed. The trailor would have a solar panel to help charge the ATV.

Anyone interested in giving me a hand? I know there are a few vehicle ninjas in here.

Edit: also it would be awesome if there could be a trode system for control.
northern lights
chenworth lsv, use electric power plant and datajack with an induction pad adapter.

it's technically a bit big, but swap out the trailer for internal cargo space /solar panels and done.
northern lights
or just buy the vehicle dwarf modified.
calm_horizons
If its going to be traveling the desert you'll probably need the Hostile environment addaption ( Target: Wastelands p132)

+0.15 ( to the mark up value)

"the hostile environment adaption toughens an exsisting chassis to face the harsher conditions in certain environments... These include dust filters and dry lubricants for deserts...
vehicles with this adaption do not suffer the additional stress incurred by operating a vehicle in a harsh envirionment"

also available for pre built vehicles is the kit which has the same effect but consumes materials efectively doubling your maintainace cost for the month they are in use.

Customization cost:

ground vehicle : bodyx250
availability 5/1wk ( 1.5)
1 cf consumed

hope thats some help
Nyxll
chenworth lsv, use electric power plant and datajack with an induction pad adapter.

it's technically a bit big, but swap out the trailer for internal cargo space /solar panels and done.

What book is this in?

Your reference does help a calm_horizons, thanks.

Cray74
I'd recommend electric fuel cells for the power plant. They usually have much better speed and load ratings than batteries, and can be recharged with solar cells. They basically work like advanced batteries and deliver electrical output, so they should be a good match for your requirement of an electric ATV.
Slacker
Not that it's anywhere near complete, but you could play around with Aku's Vehicle Garage. ATV's are the only thing working currently. He's still working on adding all the different options to it, but he has gotten quite a few added so far (20 or so).

If you have any comments/suggestions on the Vehicle Garage please post them to the community project thread for it.
ShadowDragon8685
That seems to be a blank page, Slacker.
Aku
which one? i clicked the both, and they both worked for me (and loaded offa my host site) as does the thread in community. It's a flash program though, i beleive i have it set either to flash 6 or 7, so that might be you're problem, but they do work.

EDIT: For the record, it is flash 7 that i have it set up as, perhaps when i'm actually finished with it, i'll see if i can have it rolled back to 6 without any major issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012