Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nnja Cults
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Phelan_patrick
I was planning on creating a character with the ninjutsu martial arts skill and with it taking the 2 point enemy flaw. I'm trying to create the ninja clan/cult for that flaw but being the lazy bum I am, I was wondering if there are any published material on any such organizations in the game? You know, any ready made groups complete with history, details, and maybe stats.

Thanks
Fortune
You should definitely start your research here. wink.gif
Phelan_patrick
QUOTE (Fortune)

Thanks fortune but I actually meant any SR published material either by FASA or FANPRO.

My bad for not specifying that smile.gif
Ophis
If you can find ninjas they are doing their job wrong...

You could always try the deadly drop bear ninjas.

I think the underworld sourcebook has a bit about ninja groups. I'm pretty sure its where the Oni Do first pop up.

The Oni Do btw are japanese metas (mostly orc and troll varients) that use the japanese belief that meta are demons to their advantage.
Fortune
QUOTE (Phelan_patrick)
Thanks fortune but I actually meant any SR published material either by FASA or FANPRO.

My bad for not specifying that

Yeah, I knew what you meant, but no thread about ninjas is complete without a link to that site. smile.gif
toturi
You can find SR ninja information in Underworld Sourcebook and Shadows of Asia.
FiveVenoms
Shadows of Asia gives a rather brief summary of three or four different ninja clans operating out of Japan. No stats, but a little bit of history.

One of them is largely composed of metahumans, one is renowned for the quality of the swordsmen it trains, and the other one.....I don't recall. I think they were "just" ninjas-I'd have to go look it up.
caramel frappucino
See, only effeminate anime-obsessed sissy men join ninja clans.

Real men take to the open seas and become pirates.

Don't be a sissy man and sign up under the nearest pirate captain near you!
Glyph
Why one or the other? How about both?
Slump
I'd definatly want to be a pirate.
Phelan_patrick
QUOTE (caramel frappucino)
See, only effeminate anime-obsessed sissy men join ninja clans.

Real men take to the open seas and become pirates.

Don't be a sissy man and sign up under the nearest pirate captain near you!

I'd take that as you dont know of any SR materials regarding ninja cults. smile.gif

Edit: Thanks BTW to Toturi and Fivevenoms... I think SoA isn't available in our local stores yet but I think can get hold of Underworld Sourcebook so I'll look there. Thanks again.
Ed Simons
Because even ninjas need day jobs.
hyzmarca
Ninjas and Pirates have nothing on Mockingbirds.
toturi
Underworld is old, very old. I got it cheap for about S$10(about US $6).
Elve
And Ninjas even like music...
Dim Sum
QUOTE (Fortune)

Hahahaha, I know the thread is old but the link was just hysterical!!! eek.gif rotfl.gif
Siege
Or just make up a ninja group - unless you're planning on becoming a part of canon, it doesn't really matter.

-Siege
SL James
Make them shirt ninjas.
Snow_Fox
There are no ninjas. thee is no mafia. remember they are just rumors started by the media to sell papers. remember there are no ninja, there are no mafia. now remember it or you'll sleep with the fishes!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012