Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hell Hounds
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lord Ben
How do I get a Hell Hound pet and what skill controls them? It'd be cool.
blakkie
The Firearms group is a good place to look for a skill to control them. smile.gif
snowRaven
...or there's always the Turn to Goo and Petrify spells. Keep 'em in sustaining foci and deactivate when you need the puppy to take care of a problem for you. grinbig.gif

EDIT: oh my, I just gave myself a very interesting idea... vegm.gif
Lord Ben
I wanted a way to take care of the magicians air spirit and since they're immune to normal weapons and I'm a street Sam I can't do didly against him.
blakkie
QUOTE (snowRaven)
...or there's always the Turn to Goo and Petrify spells. Keep 'em in sustaining foci and deactivate when you need the puppy to take care of a problem for you. grinbig.gif

EDIT: oh my, I just gave myself a very interesting idea... vegm.gif

Umm, when you drop the spell who's throat is he going to go for? Could it be the one of this turn that incapacitated him for an extended period and dragged his mushy/rocky butt all over the place? smile.gif

P.S. I believe you'd likely need a new skill linked to Charisma. Since Hell Hounds aren't sentient the existing social skills don't really fit, except maybe Intimidation. But what you could accomplish with Intimidation i'd see as somewhat limited.
Lord Ben
A specialization of survival?
blakkie
QUOTE (Lord Ben @ Oct 3 2005, 09:24 AM)
I wanted a way to take care of the magicians air spirit and since they're immune to normal weapons and I'm a street Sam I can't do didly against him.

My Hammerli 620S is loaded with Stick-n-Shock. Check with your GM on whether elemental damage like electricity bypasses the Immunity to Normal Weapons.

Even without bypassing Immunity to Normal Weapons i think that's still your best bet because of Stick-n-Shocks special AP.
snowRaven
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (snowRaven @ Oct 3 2005, 09:23 AM)
...or there's always the Turn to Goo and Petrify spells. Keep 'em in sustaining foci and deactivate when you need the puppy to take care of a problem for you.  grinbig.gif

EDIT: oh my, I just gave myself a very interesting idea...  vegm.gif

Umm, when you drop the spell who's throat is he going to go for? Could it be the one of this turn that incapacitated him for an extended period and dragged his mushy/rocky butt all over the place? smile.gif

Three solutions:
1) Animal Empathy (and hope it's enough)
2) Point the doggy towards the target - it should be pissed off enough to attack the first thing it sees...
3) Make sure you drop the spell from a safe place, where the puppy can't get to you.
mintcar
I donŽt know how youŽd go about getting one, take that up with your GM. The skills youŽd need are Instruction (Animals) and Parazoology Knowledge Skill. <edit> Animal Empathy quality wouldnŽt hurt.
blakkie
Sort of a Hell Hound hand grenade? You do NOT want to be around went it 'goes off'. That would also make it kind of a one use deal most of the time. Do you really want to go back and try track him down again? smile.gif
Nyxll
I heard a cortex bomb will work well. You could try some other cyberware (think btl's and chipjacks as a method of control)

A specialization in animal training, based on your CHA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012