Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a shadowrun here?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sicarius
Mayor to WiFi SanFran
Sicarius
to be more specific.. How would you modify, update this situation for a SR3 run.
Aku
I would think it could be. After all, there are a number of agencies opposing the idea now, along with a number of competing companies bidding for the opportunity.

In the first scenario, someone pays to make sure the project doesnt get finished, by destroying something, or capturing the head researcher.

If it's an opposing corp, perhaps they lost the bid, and want to show the mayor how bad of a pick that was, by de-railing the service, showing it as unreliable.
Sicarius
What would you replace the wi-fi concept with? presuming we weren't moving to SR4. (which my group isn't)
Aku
well, if you like the wireless concept (which i do), go through with the wireless initative rolling it back to SR3 rules, and state that any decks made automatically come with a wireless link, but it just "works" (dont need any of the tests or anything else that matrix provides.)
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Sicarius)
Mayor to WiFi SanFran

Portland (OR...er TT) is going the same route.

Those wacky elves....
Kyoto Kid
This could be a very good use for that transducer implant, & a little Headware memory. by 2064, Wireless cards could be made small enough to insert in a chipjack

Heck the micro transceiver already has a base conceal of 10 and you can push that to 12. Most of my characters already go around with one patched to an induction datajack which is routed to a transducer.

Of course, unless you are Otaku, there is a risk in running pure DNI. I have yet to get my copy SR4 so I do not know what all the new hardware (Headware?) is that replaces the good ol cyberdeck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012