Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matrix Perception
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JesterX
Since you can access multiple hosts in AR and VR, what does it look like in VR? Split-Screen?
Wasabi
You can only do one action on/in one host at a time so while it could look full screen, its functionally more like Alt-Tab'bing between apps on a RL comp.
(Matrix Perception is an action, like Observe in Detail.)
Vector
Except that you would have all the other active connections in smaller windows. Probably a picture in picture type deal.
JesterX
Blaahhhh That completly nullifies the full immersion... Especially on sculpted hosts/reality filters.

I can't immagine myself feeling fully immersed if I had to switch windows or if they float in my center of vision when I'm decking with my "Victorian Era 6.0 Reality Filter"
Vector
Maybe there is a some "device" that you use to switch nodes? In the Victorian filter perhaps it would be switching monocles? Or twisting the head of your cane?

Even in VR you should have some sort of notifier of things happening in other nodes that you are connected to.
JesterX
QUOTE (Vector)
Maybe there is a some "device" that you use to switch nodes? In the Victorian filter perhaps it would be switching monocles? Or twisting the head of your cane?

Even in VR you should have some sort of notifier of things happening in other nodes that you are connected to.

Ohhh! I like the Monocle thing... ^_^
Azralon
QUOTE (JesterX)
Blaahhhh That completly nullifies the full immersion... Especially on sculpted hosts/reality filters.

I can't immagine myself feeling fully immersed if I had to switch windows or if they float in my center of vision when I'm decking with my "Victorian Era 6.0 Reality Filter"

Pshaw, just walk into another room of your parlor.
Wasabi
QUOTE (JesterX)

Nothing says its like switching windows, it could be a small icon you touch to switch from one area to another, but your persona is still present and programs still active on the node you just alt-tabbed out of.

I see no discrepency at all, really, just imagine the scale of alt-tab in full VR.
Dogsoup
You could experience your current node "in the flesh" and monitor the other nodes as "AR within the VR".
Vector
Dogsoup, that's pretty much what I was originally thinking. smile.gif
tirsales
Nice explanation. Do I have to pay licensing fees when using it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012