Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dunkie's Will - What hasn't been used?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jürgen Hubert
I was wondering which parts of Dunkelzahn's Will have not been used in the metaplot since it was published...

Oh, and while we are at it, have you used any parts of the will in your campaign, and if so, what exactly did you do with it?
fistandantilus4.0
well no one has claimed the will prizes for the mars pictures, or the KKK/Humanis yet.

Are you speaking strictly by canon, BTW, or just people's games and interpretations? Because there's lots of stuff out there. Like establishing commuication w/ dolphins and setting up matrix links for them, netting you one of the Cayman islands. Or transplanting the brazilian kiwi. There are runs for it in canon, but nothing ever resolved. It'd be easier to ask what hasbeen done
Ophis
Well I know it was used in a book but screw that this is my game world.

I used the Mary-Beth Tyre thing. Turns out one of the group was her and didn't know it. Kidnapp happened when she was fourish, careful "parents" who she never quiet got on with.

She was also the reincarnation of Ardella from ED, In the end the Dracos used her as an agent in an astral quest to defeat a powerful horror (Bronecrown or something similar). The rest of the group had to sacrifice themselves to get her thru the quest, in a sort of staying behind to hold off the bad guys for some to allow her to reach the goal first. The entire group but Mary Beths player knew about the set up. At the end of the quest she was given the choice between herself and the rest of the group surviving. She chose them, they lived and so did she, I'm nice that way.

Of course in the build up to this there was the weird powers she developed, odd people helping her and one of my players trying to work out which will plot I was using and waving the the MBT stuff at me and going "is this it?" and me just passing it it off. Great fun watching the player realising she'd been right all along.
Ancient History
See for yourself.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
It'd be easier to ask what has been done

QUOTE (Ancient History)
See for yourself.

see
Musashi Forever
I was just about to start a topic along these lines. I know they haven't been officially used, but has anyone here ever done something with these:

"To George "Locomotive" Fenamore, wherever he is at present, I sadly bequeath the locked steel box number 412 from my private vault at the Manhattan Citibank Depository.  The box is not to be opened until he deems it absolutely necessary, or until my comrade manages to successfully 'survive' another Double Tuesday.  I pray the darkness ends for you someday."

"To the executor of my will, Nadija Daviar, I grant full disposition of the other fifteen boxes marked for George Fenamore, or his descendants, should any of them ever ask.  If not, upon your own demise, they are to be summarily destroyed UNOPENED in the main microwave blast furnace of Bethlehem Steel, PA."

"To Bethlehem Steel, I leave 2 million nuyen for the purpose of the immediate destruction of fifteen steel boxes, UNOPENED, when and if they are delivered to the main furnace crew boss, and the additional amount of 500,000 nuyen to the crew boss as danger money to be distributed to his crew in the event of injuries resulting from this task.  If the task is accomplished without mishap, the crew boss may keep the full amount or disburse it as he wishes."

I think they are too mysterious to pass up, but I have no idea about how to build a campaign around them.
Lindt
I love that little section. If you poke around a while (basicly run a search for George Fenamore on the boards) you can find some great suggestions about whats in those boxes.
Its great stuff to make a Halloween Run out of.
Lindt
I leave 100,000 nuyen for each of the following people to be rescued from the Chicago Containment Zone: James Delany, Dr. Edward Oden, Gregory Armtwister, Protacio Corcoran, Katherine Sitsu and Sissel McCarthy.

This is another good one. From AH's website of Sr goodness:

When the Cermak Blast happpened in Chicago and the Containment Zone was formed, a number of people were trapped inside with the insect spirits. The signifigance of these individuals is unknown. Assets Inc. managed to rescue Oden and Sitsu, and confirmed that Corcoran is dead. Dr. Oden occupies the chair for the University of Chiacgo on the board of the DIMR.

So where are the other 3?

And another good one, is the "Where Rock meets Sky" line. Its so damm criptic...
Synner
There's a hundred different theories about where "Rock meets Sky", personally I thought the fact that both got capitals suggested something beyond a metaphor. I went looking and was pleasantly surprised. Look for rivers in North America.
craigpierce
QUOTE (Synner)
There's a hundred different theories about where "Rock meets Sky", personally I thought the fact that both got capitals suggested something beyond a metaphor. I went looking and was pleasantly surprised. Look for rivers in North America.

i googled "rock sky river" quick and the best i found was:

"The River Rock Lodge is located in Big Sky, Montana"

i'll google more later when i'm not busy
Velocity
Well, there's a Rock River in Wisconsin... I think it's a tributary of the Mississippi. There's probably a few other Rock Rivers across North America; it sounds like it would be a common name.
mfb
none of the "tokens of my esteem" have been used, either. sure, they were out-of-game rewards for certain fans, but that doesn't mean you can't use 'em in-game. a token representing dunk's esteem could be anything. maybe he holds someone's abilities in high esteem, and he bequeaths them some highly-prized, very dangerous object that he intends for them to protect.
craigpierce
i actually wrote a one-shot for this year's Gen-Con based on 'where a rock meets the sky'. here's the jist:

when roger stanton, a retired millionaire, age: 45, reads D's will, he thinks back to his younger days traveling the globe and he thinks he remembers a spot in Africa which meets this criteria very well. he spends a year gathering data on this area and decides to venture down...he hires the runners to protect him and "the anime" from the jungle and away they go...i made the anime somekind of shapeshifting spirit guide, as i don't know if there is presedence in SR for anything like an anime.

roger is wrong about this being the place and the first or second night into the jungle (they can only travel so far by vehicle...2-3 days should be walking), something deadly but quick and quiet (i used an aitvaras, see Critters) eats stanton and crushes the handheld PC/GPS with the map in it at the same time..."the anime" leaves, since he was to accompany roger and not the team - and now the team is stranded.

the setting is great because you can use so much: critters, natural barriers, mana surges, background count, etc...

it just sux because i didn't get to run this one at gen-con...actually, i think i'm gonna write the GM who did and see how it turned out....
Fortune
QUOTE (mfb)
none of the "tokens of my esteem" have been used, either. sure, they were out-of-game rewards for certain fans, but that doesn't mean you can't use 'em in-game. a token representing dunk's esteem could be anything. maybe he holds someone's abilities in high esteem, and he bequeaths them some highly-prized, very dangerous object that he intends for them to protect.

I've used mine in one of my own games. Sort of surreal. biggrin.gif
Synner
QUOTE (Velocity)
Well, there's a Rock River in Wisconsin... I think it's a tributary of the Mississippi. There's probably a few other Rock Rivers across North America; it sounds like it would be a common name.

It is, but there's only one I could find which meets a river Sky.
Velocity
You just don't want me to get any work done today, do you? wink.gif
Bearclaw
Arches National Park is often called "Where Rock meets Sky".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012