Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rumors about metaplot events
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jürgen Hubert
Since we read all of the books (well, most of us probably have...), we know a lot about the "true" history about the Sixth World. However, most people who actually live in it know much less about all those significant events, and most of what they do know is probably mere speculation.

So I think it is high time we made up some more baseless speculations! Come up with your own ideas for what Joe Shadowrunner migh believe about any of the following topics (or others - this is just a short sample list):

- Dunkelzahn's death.
- The Arcology Shutdown
- The various aspects of the Crash 2.0
- The various "ghosts in the machine" now populating the new Matrix
- Anything surrounding the Immortal Elves

This exercise has also an in-game purpose - if the runners are doing legwork on these topics, then that's what the GM can present them...
Ophis
QUOTE (Jürgen Hubert @ Oct 9 2005, 10:12 AM)

- Dunkelzahn's death.

I'd say most people would think that this was some sort of hit. Most Shadowrunners would be pointing the finger at Aztechnology (the runners boogeyman), or Saeder-Krupp (Loffie getting narked at another dragon getting all big and important)

- The Arcology Shutdown

I seem to remember that Shadowlands broadcast the AI thing, so I'd have to go with that myself. As to why he took over theirs your question. Maybe another corp offered him something in payment for screwing Renraku. Maybe he was on orders to improve metahumanity for for some imagined future threat (my own theory as he seemed to do a lot of work on improving metahumanitys tolerance for extreme conditions.)

- The various aspects of the Crash 2.0

Not so sure on this one don't know SFs details that well

- The various "ghosts in the machine" now populating the new Matrix

"hmm ghosts in the matrix, yeah right." Most runners will think that these are just the natural hallucinations you get when you spend as much time jacked in as most deckers do.

"Immortal elves what a stupid Idea, you've been drinking haven't you? The idea of immortal elves is stupid, magic only appeared in 2011. Oh from a previous age of magic, don't be stupid they'd need magic to survive the downtime. Weirdo."
That about covers that one. Come on would you believe it?

Hope those help.
fistandantilus4.0
Duh, the Drop Bears are behind it all. Just ask Grinder. biggrin.gif
hyzmarca
Humanis was certainly behind Dunkelzahn's assasination. They had the most to lose with such a pro-metahuman loose cannon as President. The fact that he was a dragon was just icing on their sour cake of hatred.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brakenhaven ordered it himself.
Ophis
Yeah a bomb that size has Alamos 20K written all over it.
Superbum
EDIT: Didn't realize this was a thread about what runners would know.
Kremlin KOA
QUOTE (Ophis)
QUOTE (Jürgen Hubert @ Oct 9 2005, 10:12 AM)

"Immortal elves what a stupid Idea, you've been drinking haven't you? The idea of immortal elves is stupid, magic only appeared in 2011. Oh from a previous age of magic, don't be stupid they'd need magic to survive the downtime. Weirdo."
That about covers that one. Come on would you believe it?

Hope those help.

Hey man, those 'facts' you gave are the same ones the Tir publish... and dragons would need magic to survive any downtime... did they just come into existance 50 years ago? riiight... you are paid by the elves!
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Duh, the Drop Bears are behind it all. Just ask Grinder. biggrin.gif

It' so obvious, isn't it? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012