Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Building a better mouse trap
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fraggin_Cellmate
Hey chummers,
need a little assistance.
im looking for a few ways to improve my game, im a GM and im looking for some excell spreadsheets to input NPC and character info to print and carry to my games, any Ideas on where or who could get them for me?
Also im looking for a few good ways to simplify combat. all comments welcome. nuyen.gif
Snow_Fox
uh...how on earth is this IC????????????????????????????????????????????
Fraggin_Cellmate
hey, gimme a break chummer, im new to the forums, and just liked the look of the icon
SL James
Did you really need 44-45 question marks?
Fresno Bob
He really wanted to get across the fact that it was a query.
Fortune
I'm just impressed that Snow Fox managed seven words (or their equivalent) without a single spelling mistake. That isn't like her at all. grinbig.gif wink.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (SL James)
Did you really need 44-45 question marks?

the 45th one clinched it for me.
Fresno Bob
I wasn't really sure until 42. But then again, I'm the trusting sort.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Voorhees)

And the 44th mark sealed the deal for ya, wasn't it?

(And I counted... and even double checked using paste and the wordcount in Word... 44 question marks. nyahnyah.gif )
Lindt
Welcome to Dumpshock. Now please take your metagaming hoop else where. Oh, and here is your ally spirit manafested as a dikoted AVS.
Aku
QUOTE (Lindt)
Welcome to Dumpshock. Now please take your metagaming hoop else where. Oh, and here is your ally spirit manafested as a dikoted AVS.

that you can have sex with
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Voorhees @ Oct 11 2005, 08:36 AM)

They'll catch ya if you let 'em.

QUOTE (Aku)
QUOTE (Lindt @ Oct 11 2005, 09:45 AM)
Welcome to Dumpshock.  Now please take your metagaming hoop else where.  Oh, and here is your ally spirit manafested as a dikoted AVS.

that you can have sex with

The sex is the important part... lets you earn the karma to level up your charisma and body attributes simultaneously.
Aku
according to SR3, you only earn karma while doing something in a dangerous situation.

Son unless your dikoted bullet sleeps around with other chambers, or you generally have a firefight in your bed, i dont think you'll be earning karma for that.

However, it also says that they don't get karma for things done on a regular basis. So maybe, for some of us, having sex would circumvent the dangerous situation rule, by being something not done often...
blakkie
I really can't think of sex with anything Dikoted being classed as "safe". Or am i just being a prude? embarrassed.gif
Fresno Bob
Dikoted condoms are nice for the +1 power they give.
Conskill
You know, I have one problem with this whole scenario.

If you diokoted your ally spirit, how are you going to have sex with it? If it's female, you're going to have trouble with the all-encasing diamond coating. If its taken a male aspect, I suppose you could position it for viability prior to being coated, but it'd look awkward in polite company.
ShadowDragon8685
So if you're having sex during a firefight with a dikoted ally spirit (female,) do you get Karma twice? Once for doing something in a dangerous situation (the firefight,) and twice for the next dangerous situation (Sticking your penis into something coated in diamond?)
Fix-it
You people are horrible. Hoooooorrrrrrriiiiible.

let this be a lesson to you, Fraggin Cellmate,

NEVER ASK EXTREMELY GENERAL QUESTIONS

And welcome to the loony bin. biggrin.gif
Snow_Fox
Dikoted, for her pleasure.

QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 11 2005, 03:04 AM)
I'm just impressed that Snow Fox managed seven words (or their equivalent) without a single spelling mistake. That isn't like her at all. grinbig.gif wink.gif

you wanna wake up on a lilly pad with a craving for fruit flies? pumpkin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
you wanna wake up on a lilly pad with a craving for fruit flies?

I knew it was too good to last. nyahnyah.gif grinbig.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (blakkie @ Oct 11 2005, 05:11 PM)
I really can't think of sex with anything Dikoted being classed as "safe".  Or am i just being a prude?  embarrassed.gif

prudish and bigoted... how dare you not endorse my chosen lifestyle!!!1111one.

QUOTE (Voorhees)
Dikoted condoms are nice for the +1 power they give.
I don't like to use them, though, they cut down on sensation. So to speak.

Although I hear Phoecian™ is experimenting with flavored ones.

QUOTE (Conskill)
If you diokoted your ally spirit, how are you going to have sex with it?
Very carefully.

NEXT QUESTION!!!1eleven
hyzmarca
----
Sammie: Watch out, there's something floating around the room!

Magician: Don't worry, it's just my ally spirit. It has the form of a dikoted sword.

Sammie: Swords usually aren't rounded. They are usually sharp. It is easier to cut with that way.

Magician: Spirits are wierd like that. They can't cut even if they are sharp. It would have been too much effort just to make it look sharp.

Sammie: And swords are usualy metalic, not flesh colored like your ally.

Magician: Only because they are made out of metal. If they were made out of flesh they would be flesh colored.

Sammie: But they aren't made out of flesh.

Magician: This one is.

Sammie: So why does it have --

Magician: -That is the pommel. Swords have pommels.

Sammie: They don't have pommels shaped like --

Magician: -Mine does. It is just an aesthetic choice.

Sammie: One can find objects with the same aesthetic in the Frag Magazine catalog, none of them are swords. What aesthetic made you design it with a tip like that?

Magician: It opens up into an umbrella. That's its other form, a dikoted umbrella so I don't get wet. Now if you are done questioning me, my ally and I are going to the bathroom and we won't be back for 5 minutes.

----

The search function is your friend. To answer the original question since no one else is, here is a link that may be useful.
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...c=8502&hl=excel
ShadowDragon8685
Please let the record show that I am giggling like a schoolgirl.
blakkie
@hyzmarca rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif My eyes are wet with tears....and not just because i'm weeping for this board.
Fresno Bob
rotfl.gif Oh, good job, Hyzmarca. Good job.
Shanshu Freeman
speaking of alternative sexual practices has anybody seen _______ post lately?
Fraggin_Cellmate
I'm glad you are all having a good time...
I havent been on a forum in years, so i apologize for my mistakes.
again i ask, does anyone have any ideas on where to find excel or adobe files that i can input data into directly for NPC cataloging?
Nikoli
Easy, PM me and I'll reply with some contact info. I make lots of sheets for SR.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Fraggin_Cellmate)
I havent been on a forum in years, so i apologize for my mistakes.
again i ask, does anyone have any ideas on where to find excel or adobe files that i can input data into directly for NPC cataloging?

QUOTE (hyzmarca)
The search function is your friend. To answer the original question since no one else is, here is a link that may be useful.
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...c=8502&hl=excel

http://www.steveandshelley.org/shadowrun/ has a decent spreadsheet that can serve that purpose.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Fraggin_Cellmate)

so are we. it is what we come here for.

I havent been on a forum in years

welcome aboard chummer, glad you could join the party.
ShadowDragon8685
Let's go back to the topic of dikoted sex-form ally spirits. They're funny.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 13 2005, 06:07 AM)
Let's go back to the topic of dikoted sex-form ally spirits. They're funny.

yeah, please let's not be distracted here... back to what's really important.

now when I was first contemplating how to come out to my parents, I thought I would break it to them gently. At Thanksgiving Dinner. (They're very conservative and traditional. They preserve the old ways even though the country isn't quite the same.)

So I said to them, "Mom, Dad, in addition to being a vegan and rejecting your turkey dinner, this 'Friend' I brought home from college is not just a friend. Lucius is my life partner. He's sexually compulsive, and I'm a bottom. And he's not actually metahuman. He's a dykoted ally spirit, which is why I've been walking funny. On the plus side we've met our medical insurance deductable early this year. Completely unrelated though."

I think once they get over the original shock they can get on to accepting my lifestyle.

<edit> in before a high-handed stance by You-Know-Who who will demonstrate his supreme maturity by saying something to the effect of "Shanshu, with all due respect, shut the hell up." Anyway, much love for You-Know-Who. What's taking you so long? Regards, Shanshu grinbig.gif </edit>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012