Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Release Update
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Superbum
I just picked up my copy from my FLGS (Dragon's Lair). Good thing I had a copy reserved because they are already sold out. The rumor of the print run being smaller than thought seems to be true.

So if anyone from Austin or nearby, go check out some random bookstores to see if there are any random books floating around. Good luck.
RunnerPaul
So it's finally on the shelves somewhere. About time.
Superbum
Yeah, and when I went to pick it up I heard them saying something about going to "Alliance" to get more copies. I am guessing thats their distributor.
Catsnightmare
Well I guess I'll have to make a trip to Dragon's Lair soon to see the true horror for myself.
Nerbert
I just got my shipping notice today from FRP Games
Ophis
I shall be picking up mine today.
At my FLGS in Nothern England no less.
Xenith
I just got mine by mail a few minutes ago myself. I love hardcopies... now if only I could get one with a heavy duty errata...
Grinder
Seems as if it's avaialbe here in germany too. Dragonworld as least has it at their website www.dragonworld.de ... but no LE for me, despite pre-order. frown.gif
Halabis
I got a shipping notice from the USPS about a week ago, but the tracking info says they dont even have the package yet. I ordered mine from Battlecorps. Anyone else that ordered from battle corps having this problem?
Slacker
QUOTE (Halabis)
I got a shipping notice from the USPS about a week ago, but the tracking info says they dont even have the package yet. I ordered mine from Battlecorps. Anyone else that ordered from battle corps having this problem?

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The USPS tracking is worthless. Several times I have gotten things shipped to me via USPS and received the item before their stupid system had registered receipt of the package.
Azralon
Same here.
Slacker
As a matter of fact, I just checked my mailbox and low and behold, I just received the LE book I ordered from Battlecorps and the USPS tracking is still showing that they haven't received the package yet.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Slacker)
QUOTE (Halabis @ Oct 13 2005, 01:18 PM)
I got a shipping notice from the USPS about a week ago, but the tracking info says they dont even have the package yet.  I ordered mine from Battlecorps.  Anyone else that ordered from battle corps having this problem?

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The USPS tracking is worthless. Several times I have gotten things shipped to me via USPS and received the item before their stupid system had registered receipt of the package.

Mine's the same way. I wouldn't worry about it too much. In the past, I've tried USPS delivery confirmation on items I'd shipped, and the first two times, I heard from the person that I'd shipped it to that it'd been received and the USPS never confirmed it, and the third time, I got a confirmation, but it never arrived at its destination. Gave up after that, and started going with carriers who actually back up their tracking systems with assurances that the data is valid.
Clyde
Got mine at the FLGS in Olympia, Washington. At frickin' last! Can't wait to give this thing a whirl . . .
sureshot
Montreal Quebec has them too except I could find them in only one store.
JesterX
QUOTE (sureshot)

Librairie Le Donjon got them already. I know that Le Valet d'coeur didn't received them yet. Where did you find it? Le Donjon?
Akimbo
QUOTE (Nerbert @ Oct 11 2005, 05:05 PM)
I just got my shipping notice today from FRP Games

I got my notice 4 days ago from FRP Games. I asked for 2 day shipping. Through tracking, I see that USPS screwed up badly and has not sent me my book yet. Mistakes are made, but I hope they reimburse me my few dollars for the mixup. I don't blame FRP Games in any way.

Edit: And that USPS reimburses me.
Tweeble
Mine arrived this morning. It survived two days in the 'gentle' hands of the Royal Mail smile.gif

It has to be one of the stinkiest books I've come across for a while though. Seriously, whatever they used to print it is really, headache inducingly, smelly.....

Or maybe it's just me smile.gif

Apart from that it seems fine, now I just need to find time to read it biggrin.gif
JesterX
QUOTE (Tweeble)
Mine arrived this morning. It survived two days in the 'gentle' hands of the Royal Mail smile.gif

It has to be one of the stinkiest books I've come across for a while though. Seriously, whatever they used to print it is really, headache inducingly, smelly.....

Or maybe it's just me smile.gif

Apart from that it seems fine, now I just need to find time to read it biggrin.gif

It's the smell of really fresh ink, paper and glue...
sureshot
QUOTE (JesterX)
QUOTE (sureshot @ Oct 13 2005, 09:30 PM)

Librairie Le Donjon got them already. I know that Le Valet d'coeur didn't received them yet. Where did you find it? Le Donjon?

I got mine at Le Donjon. From what I hear Fanpro has not printed enough copies so they are being allocated in certain quantities to stores. Which explains why Donjon has theirs and not Valet. Even though Valet had preordered copies.
the_dunner
They're in Cleveland. I just snagged an LE at a retail outlet, without having placed a reservation on it. I'm kind of in a state of shock.
RunnerPaul
Got my LE from Battlecorps, today, USPS priority mail.
Zen Shooter01
I have seen them in Orlando, Florida, at the Coliseum of Comics on Holden and 441. The books I saw were not leatherbound, so I guess not LE.
Catsnightmare
QUOTE (JesterX)
QUOTE (Tweeble @ Oct 14 2005, 11:29 AM)
Mine arrived this morning.  It survived two days in the 'gentle' hands of the Royal Mail  smile.gif

It has to be one of the stinkiest books I've come across for a while though.  Seriously, whatever they used to print it is really, headache inducingly, smelly.....

Or maybe it's just me  smile.gif

Apart from that it seems fine, now I just need to find time to read it  biggrin.gif

It's the smell of really fresh ink, paper and glue...

Or else the stench of worthless product. I spent a good 30 minutes reading through SR4 in the store todayand have come to the conclusion that it isn't worth it. I won't bore you with what I dislike about as I've already done that in prevous posts.

Systems Failure will probably the last dollar Fan Pro will ever see out of me.
JongWK
QUOTE (Catsnightmare)
Or else the stench of worthless product. I spent a good 30 minutes reading through SR4 in the store todayand have come to the conclusion that it isn't worth it. I won't bore you with what I dislike about as I've already done that in prevous posts.

Systems Failure will probably the last dollar Fan Pro will ever see out of me.

Good for you. Now, as per the Admins' wishes in this thread, please refrain from further threadcrapping. sarcastic.gif
jervinator
Me and my friend got our non-LE pre-orders from a tiny shop in a small town yesterday (14 Oct), and two of my other friends got theirs from a slightly bigger store in the same town off-the-shelf the day before I got mine; 13 Oct. If it got to this small NH town despite the road-closing/destroying floods we've had recently, it should be out everywhere by now.
Bull
QUOTE (the_dunner)
They're in Cleveland. I just snagged an LE at a retail outlet, without having placed a reservation on it. I'm kind of in a state of shock.

Yeah? Where at?

I checked at my game/comic shop (Comic Heaven in WIlloughby, Ohio) on Wednesday, but they hadn't gotten any yet (Regular or LE). Course, tehy generally get their gaming stuff on thursday or Friday, I think, since it comes in seperate from their comics. I did get an LE for a friend through Studio 2, and taht showed up on Tuesday.

Bull
fistandantilus4.0
finally friggin arrived in Orem, Utah area. Nice shiny black book sitting there on the shelf (stupid picture) . Now if only I had money.......
Llewelyn
Well I picked SR4 up in Salt Lake City, they had about 7 more copies.
OMAC 247
It seems to be generally available in the UK, got my copy on Thursday biggrin.gif

Still waiting for my preordered LE though frown.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Llewelyn)
Well I picked SR4 up in Salt Lake City, they had about 7 more copies.

This is literally the first one I have seen so far. Oh yeah, and I hate you. sarcastic.gif

biggrin.gif
Tweeble
My LE just arrived. It's very nice. biggrin.gif
blakkie
Apparently mine has been waiting at the gaming store since Saturday, but they hadn't phoned me yet. I only happened to find out last night during our weekly session because someone in my group asked if they had gotten any LEs in, and they said they had only gotten one and it was on hold for someone. cool.gif I'll be swinging by to pick it up when they open late this morning.
flowswithdrek
My copy of SR4 arrived on wednesday in Belfast... Now i get to see what all the talk was about..
the_dunner
QUOTE (Bull)
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Oct 14 2005, 03:42 PM)
They're in Cleveland.  I just snagged an LE at a retail outlet, without having placed a reservation on it.  I'm kind of in a state of shock.

Yeah? Where at?

WarZone-Matrix, on Rocky River Dr. They sold out the last copy while I was running a Missions game there on Saturday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012