Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What ever happened to Mirage?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ophis
Okay the title says it all. Where is he? Any details in System Failure as to his fate? I need to now, mostly as I may be tieing him in to one of my players backgrounds.
fistandantilus4.0
He was never really there... it was just a mir... illusion
hahnsoo
[ Spoiler ]
FiveVenoms
If I recall correctly, they never said what happened to them. All the AIs were having their little hissy fight, and then the über-worm went off. Nobody knows what happened to them after that. I mean, one would probably assume that they would have "died", but since we're talking about AIs, I guess that may not be a particularly safe assumption to make. Still, that was only....what, six or so years ago in the SR timeline? I guess it depends on your character background.
Ophis
Interesting...

Not for my characters background, I'm reffing and one of the players, bless her cotton socks, has given me an amnesiac character to play with. The look on her face, and those of the group when her charcter popped a spur and dropped the gang leader who was hasseling him. Happy ref.

Mostly I was wondering about Mirage down loading himself(?) into a person as a hardwired P-fix chip. I really haven't decided on the characters background, the other one I've thought of is him being a winternight agent who got caught by the diss. worm and had his memory screwed with by that.

Oh what the charcter knows. He is Kyle Quentin Frost. He woke up in a docwagon clinic in the early days of 2065, he had no memory of who he was. All he had to go on was the ID filed with the clerks and that he had a lined coat. His ID said he was a grapphic designer so that is what he did. It seems he lost client files in the crash and his ID is tagged by the goverment noting that it has been left holey by the crash... He has been happily working in his chosen vocation for five years. He has no idea just howmuch wear he has jammed into him...

On a OOC front the player knows his stats and skills, but has no idea what wear he has (she has no idea how the wear is in SR4).
If any of you have other ideas I could use please post. Though he is NOT A DISGUISED DROP BEAR!!!!! Thank you.
Kremlin KOA
guys consider the SOTA rules in SR3 and remember these guys haven't have a gode update in 10 years.... they would be weak and pathetic now.... except that this fact will be handwaved away
nyahnyah.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA @ Oct 16 2005, 07:18 PM)
guys consider the SOTA rules in SR3 and remember these guys haven't have a gode update in 10 years.... they would be weak and pathetic now.... except that this fact will be handwaved away
nyahnyah.gif

Or....

1) they were so out ahead of the curve that they still kick ass
2) because they are self-aware they could be self-upgrading in small increments on a continuous basis
3) smaller upgrades could have been possible in the meantime, for example during the reconstruction of Deus although....

[ Spoiler ]
Jürgen Hubert
Possibly the AIs got split up into all those weird new matrix entities. Or perhaps they now live on those strange new matrix metaplanes (sorry, Resonance Realms)...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012