Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renraku Arcology Shutdown
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mardegun
Before I go any further .... if any of my players are reading this DON'T! Just in case you don't recognized my nick, my real name is Clem. You have been warned.

Although I doubt any of my players know of this place, much less visited it I want to be safe.

In any case I just start reading RA shutdown last night and I have got to say, good stuff. After reading the boy's diary and the shadowruner's run that goes bad inside the arc, I was hooked.

As I am reading it I am trying to figure out how to get them in and how to present the material in the book. I decided to make the run extra spooky, I want to give them as little info I can before they get in.

For example in the case of the boy's diary I want them to find it in while inside the ARC. On top of that rather than give them a paper or read it to them, I was going to go one step further. I am going to record myself reading it as if I were the boy. I think this could add some cool atmosphere if I turn down the lights and play the tape most in the dark ... similar to LOTRS Fellowship of ring when Gandalf is reading the dwarf's diary in Moria, but creeper. >:-)

Now while the above is ok, it has been done before, but the following is something really cool...

When I started reading the "Slaves of the machine", which is about some SRs breaking into the ARC, I was really hooked. What I REALLY like about this section is that it isn't just a story, but it is written like a script/dialogue. So here is my plan ....

I worked at a place that has professional sound studios. Since most of the people I work with are geeks like me, I should be able to get enough people together to record this run. We can do the voices and sound effects. smile.gif

So imagine how cool this could be. While in the middle of the run they get a hold of this recording. It could be just like listening to Aliens, but while you are standing in the same tunnels ... dam I wish I could experience it as a player.

So here is one of my many problems and I am hoping one of you guys could help me out. While I have a copy of the book I would like to have a electronic copy of the book.

I want to have a copy of all of the dialogues, especially the boy's diary and Cassie's SR groups run that goes bad. I would also like all of the news clips so I can hand them out to my group. Part of the issue is that to use Renraku Arcology Shutdown I am changing all of the dates to 2061, which is the year of my game.

So can any of you guys help me out? Now while I could spend $10 and download the book on-line, I'm frugal. Besides I don't to download a copy and find out I can't modified it. So since I already have a copy would it be cool if someone shared their electric version? Or if that is too forward, can someone at least tell me if I buy the online version, can I edit it?

ps: To anyone that helps I would be willing to give a copy of the audio files, as long as you agree not to spread it through out the internet.

pss: One of the cool possibilities is that one of my guest players, who plays the group's NPC decker, used to worked at FASA. He still keeps in contact with Rob Boyle and maybe we can make this official some day. cool.gif

Thanks,
-Mardegun
Fix-it
ps: To anyone that helps I would be willing to give a copy of the audio files, as long as you agree not to spread it through out the internet.

Sharing is caring. frown.gif
Thufar_Hawat
Hi

check your private messages.

Velocity
By sheer coincidence, the only PDF I've ever purchased from Battlecorps is the Renraku Arcology: Shutdown sourcebook (FAS7328.ras.pdf) and I assure you, you can copy-and-paste text out of there. If you want to edit it, just copy the text into a Word document or a Notepad or whatever and edit away. smile.gif

Hope that helps.
Omer Joel
I love these ideas, never got to use this sourcebook for various reasons, but I love the way you're going to run this smile.gif
Mystweaver
It sounds very cool. Our GM included the time of our second entrance into the ARC with the second pass of Hayleys Comet. This meant that the majority of people that Deus had killed rose as Shadem (Zombies). It made it considerably harder for us to navigate under lockdown.

He got us to go back in by capturing one of our runners (the first time we were working for Deus) who we resecued. Our GM changed much of that campaign and mixed with his own ideas which turned out to be very fun.

I like your idea of recording voices and may do something similar when I GM for my group.
Mardegun
QUOTE (Fix-it)

Sharing is caring. frown.gif

Hey Fix,

I would love to share it with everyone, but chances are that I can't for legal reasons.

If I end up using any of my work's equipment they OWN it. If the files became truly public and tracked back to me, I would be fired.
Nkari
Then ask the boss if you can do it, and add your company name etc to the mp3 file.. Free promo.. never hurt anyone.. nyahnyah.gif and ofc.. this would not be done during work hours.. wink.gif
Mardegun
I wish it worked that way.
Fix-it
Do you have to do it in the studio then?

There is some pretty high quality stuff done out of the home... (RedVsBlue comes to mind, they did it over the phone for the first season)

I realize this is your thing, and you do it the way you have to, but I was just thinking of the community at large.

Dog
I'd love to get in on this. I've made a living (barely, I admit) as an actor before. It's a shot in the dark, but where are you? Possible weekend roadtrip?
Rifleman
Hmmm.... interesting concept. I want in, despite being unsure if I can actually voice act. cyber.gif However, let me offer this suggestion: there are several free internet chat programs out that you can tweak for high quality output.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012