Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Mentor Spirit
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gothic Rose
I saw the picture on 230 of the VR T-rex, and I suddenly had a vision.

This is that vision. Tell me what you think.

Tyrant King

The Tyrant King is primal and savage. He is the hunter on the ancient plains, the devourer of great beasts. Sharp eyed and powerful, his teeth sink into the flesh of lesser beings, and his powerful legs propel him faster than his prey. He is the power and graceful savagery of an age long past manifest in flesh. Shamans of the Tyrant King emulate his power - they are hunters in an Urban Jungle, seeking out their prey with keen senses, and moving in for the kill with deadly strength.

Advantages: +2 dice for Combat Spells, +2 dice for Perception
Disadvantages: Magicians of the Tyrant King have problems subduing their prey - their natural inclination is to go for the kill. They must make a Willpower+Charisma (3) test to willingly deal stun damage.
PlatonicPimp
Well, the description works, but the name (Tyrant King) doesn't go at all. I'd suggest something more like savage hunter.
Gothic Rose
Tyrant King is supposed to be an allusion to Tyrannosaurus Rex, hence the name. Although it could be changed, I suppose.
PlatonicPimp
I got the reference, but Mentor spirits are supposed Frasierian/Jungian archetypes that resonate with the mythic subconcious of metahumanity. The mythic archetype of the "Tyrant King" is more akin to Prince John than T-rex.
Azralon
QUOTE (PlatonicPimp)
Mentor spirits are supposed Frasierian/Jungian archetypes that resonate with the mythic subconcious of metahumanity.

Agreed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012