Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am no architect!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MaxHunter
Hi! I have my beautifully crafted badass NPCs, I have a meticulously planned an ever-twisting devilish plot that will surely have the runners hanging to their smartlinks up to the last minute of the story. I have Doritos and Coke. Now all I have to do to start having fun is drawing a (believeable) 69 story corporate buillding, an airport, two bars, a disco and a secret underground facility. Please!
Do you know where I can find (and download) maps and stuff?

Cheers

Max, the angushed GM.

Ps: We tried Doritos and Beer but alcohol-induced shadowrunning calls ruined the team's rep.
fastdos
try some arhitect websites or design software like dunjinni. A cheap alternative is to buy a 3d home modeler program from a place like Target or Ross. Learning curve on the 3D stuff is fairly short. Dunjinni takes a bit longer but has better graphical and print support.
Dim Sum
MaxHunter, when I ran my SR3 SWAT campaign, I needed a lot of maps (for hostage rescues and so forth) - just use a major search engine like Google or Yahoo and type in "office floorplans" or "airport floorplans" or "aircraft seating plans" and you'll be surprised at the wealth of resources available for free. biggrin.gif
MaxHunter
Thanxs chummers. Browsing...
Namergon
http://www.shadowrun.de/sr/material/bodenp...odenplaene.html

It's in German, but you will surely find very interesting things.
McShaw
QUOTE (Namergon)

But the actual names of the pics are in English, so it should be somewhat easier to navigate. smile.gif

Unfortunately, this one is entirely in German. (If this turns out to be a big problem, I'll help with translating.)

Soykaf.de - Maps

From Blackjack's site here on Dumpshock:

Maps & Satellite Images

For private residences:

Dream Home Source

Hope this helps a bit!

Folkert
MaxHunter
Much appreciated. I'll check those now. I'm still looking at things and refining my datasearch skills. If I can get organized I'll post my results later on. (Maybe I'll make a Shadowsites website, I dunno...)

BTW what's the meaning of "zeitgeist"? (not a SR-related question but...)

Cheers,

Max
hahnsoo
QUOTE (MaxHunter)
BTW what's the meaning of "zeitgeist"? (not a SR-related question but...)

Literally, it means "time ghost" or "time spirit"... it really means "The Spirit of the Times". Something that captures the nature and the culture of a particular year or decade or era, sometimes within a particular social group. For example, "The Penny Arcade webcomic captures the zeitgeist of the current generation of the hardcore video gaming world".
PlatonicPimp
I am amused by this thread, because I AM an architect.

And yes, it comes in quite handy when I need a blueprint for a run. biggrin.gif
Rifleman
QUOTE (PlatonicPimp)
I am amused by this thread, because I AM an architect.

And yes, it comes in quite handy when I need a blueprint for a run. biggrin.gif

Could we then ask you to share some of your designs, mayhaps? biggrin.gif
Smiley
QUOTE (Namergon @ Oct 18 2005, 03:28 AM)

Here's the same page in English. Very, very useful.
kingma15
wow! what a thread! a belated thankyou to everyone that posted on this thread. From a new GM about to start a SR4 campaign.
ShadowDragon8685
Holy thread cyberzombification, Ancient History!
Daddy's Little Ninja
A lot of the GM's I have played with used offices they worked in or visited.
Platinum
I just search on the internet. building map .... etc, just add filetype:pdf so you get pdfs.
I get malls hospitals, subdivisions, you name it .... I get get you the floor plates to a 9 story building plus a few other facilites. (I just did them for an employee floorplan)
But that is only a city hall. In all truth ... goggle is your best friend for looking up plans/maps
PBTHHHHT
Maybe we should have sticky for floor plans or something, eh? so it can become a compilation of building maps/etc... for everyone and people can find it without asking/searching.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012