Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Innate Spell and Ritual Spellcasting?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
RunnerPaul
Can a spirit with the power of Innate Spell join a ritual spellcasting team as a caster? Spirits are already allowed to be spotters.
PlatonicPimp
Only if the ritual is of that spell, and only if they have the skill ritual spellcasting. If they have both, sure, go for it.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (PlatonicPimp)
Only if the ritual is of that spell, and only if they have the skill ritual spellcasting. If they have both, sure, go for it.

That's the only catch. There's no spirit listed yet that has the Ritual Spellcasting skill.

I wonder if a Bound Spirit can learn a new skill?
Xenith
I imagine in Street Magic they'll talk about Familiar spirits that will aid you in ritual casting, amoung other things.
It'll cost you enough karma to break your back, but it just might be worth it.

I dread the Familiar wenching however...
Shemhazai
When a spirit performs the Aid Sorcery service, it adds its Force to the summoner’s dice pool for any Spellcasting, Ritual Spellcasting, or Counterspelling attempt, regardless of the time required for the test. In the case of Spellcasting and Ritual Spellcasting, the spell being cast must be of a type appropriate to the spirit and the magician’s tradition., 4E Core, P. 178.)

It does not appear necessary for the spirit to know the spell or have the spell as an innate power. The spirit does not seem to count toward or affect the number of people allowed to participate in the ritual.
RunnerPaul
I know about the Aid Sorcery power, but that's not what I'm looking for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012