Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sprite Themes !
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Arkangel
I have to admit that sprites are the only thing that has me leaning towards this character concept at the moment, rather than going with a decker/hacker.
That said, let's hear your cheesy sprite concepts!

Here's some ideas I've been working with:

1) Relating the 5 orders of Angels in the Engel RPG to the 5 basic sprite types.
Surprisingly, the concepts mesh together well.

Urielites - the scouts and messengers among the angels.
Uriel (Courier Sprite) - acts as a messenger, tracker, and securely conveys important data through the Matrix.

Michaelites - trained in the arts of strategy, tactics, and leadership.
Michael (Crack Sprite) - for hacking

Ramielites - keepers of knowlege
Ramiel (Data Sprite) - excels at finding and manipulating information

Gabrielites - angels of death
Gabriel (Fault Sprite) - instills code errors causing programs to fail

Raphael - angels of healing
Machine Sprite - adept at manipulating devices (okay this isn't the smoothest fit)

2) Relating sprites to cartoon characters from the previous century

Imagine the Simpson's family with Bart as your fault sprite or doing the classic Loony Toons characters within the context of serious play. Hackers don't wake up in the morning thinking that they may get their ass handed to them by Elmer Fudd or Wile E. Coyote.

3) Relating sprites to your favorite animals.
Snakes - boa, viper, cobra, python
Birds - crow, vulture, eagle, falcon

The angel theme is a bit cheesy, but I like it enough to share. Let's hear yours!

Clark
DR.PaiN
Hmm... how about some amalgamation of flat screen horror movie villains?

Jason Voorhees
Freddy Kruger
Michael Meyers
The Tall Man
Leatherface
warrior_allanon
i have to do this simply because i am playing in a wing commander RPG on the megatokyo forums and because i'm a history buff and military nut, however:

your icon: WWII era carrier/confed light carrier
courier sprite would be a small transport ship or mail plane
machine sprite would be an awacs bird (P3 or E2C hawkeye)
crack sprite would be fighter jet or equivalent WC ship
data sprite would be a light recon aircraft (predator drone) or space recon drone
fault sprite would be a light bomber, or torpedo bomber

just a thought
Abschalten
My Technomancer currently has one registered rating 4 Crack Sprite with 7 tasks. His name is Gustav, and he's a red, chihuahua-sized, cartoony-looking hedgehog, covered with flame. My TM treats him like a pet. :>

I was thinking of a faux-elemental theme for the sprites. I was thinking water for Data Sprites (for Watermark and filling hard drives like glasses), wind for Courier Sprites, lightning for Machine Sprites, and earth for Fault Sprites. Then there's Gustav, the flame-covered Crack Sprite. Really, with the way the sprites are divided, it makes this sort of theme really easy.
Azralon
QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
i am playing in a wing commander RPG on the megatokyo forums and because i'm a history buff and military nut

wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012