Spirit Energy 3

Body 4 (7)
Quickness 7 (10) (x4)
Strength 3 (6)
Intelligence 4
Charisma 8
Willpower 5
Reaction 7

Powers: Wealth, Aura Masking, Compulsion, Influance, Accident, Desire Reflection, Karma Drain [unique], Temporary Essence Drain, Inhabiting

Goose was a created by a greedy magician named Gregory Dubash. Dubash who had only one desire, a life without work. He wanted free and easy money and to that end he created a number of ally spirits with the inhabiting power and then forced them to go Free. Those Free spirits that lacked the Wealth power were destroyed. Goose was one of the lucky ones. When he was freed he gained the ability to lay eggs made out of precious metals. Her creator promptly found her True Name and bound her.

The greedy magician slowly grew more and more paranoid about losing his moneymakers and put increasingly tight security around them. Unfortunatly for him, even the greatest security system in the world won't stop the person who installed it.

Boris Galat was an installer for a minor security company. He was also a professional thief. He would set up backdoors into the security systems that he installed and use them to get to his customers' valuables later. When he broke into Dubash's home he came face-to-face with Goose.

Goose was honest with Boris. She explained what she was and why she was imprisoned there. Being mundane, Boris knew little of magic. However, he knew enough to see the value of Goose's powers. They made a deal. Boris would kill Dubat and release Goose from her cage. In return, Goose would provide him with 10 golden eggs.

Boris slew Gergory Dubat. However, he didn't fufil his half of the bargain. After Goose laid 10 eggs for him, he refused to release her and demanded more eggs under pain of death. Goose complied, providing this new master with a supply of golden eggs. However, as she did so she also began leeching karma from him and using it to become more powerful.

As was inevitable, the old cycle repeated itself. Someone discovered Goose's power and murdered Galat to take her.

This cycle has become part of Goose's M.O. She entices greedy metahumans to kill each other over her. When their greed alone isn't enough to inspire murder she suppliments it with the Compulsion, Influance, and Desire Reflection powers.
Goose has not laid a single golden egg in years. Instead she makes eggs out of lead, aluminium, pyrite, and other less valuable metal using the Desire Refelction power to make her owners believe that they are Gold, Platnum, and other precious metals. She revels in the irony of people, sometimes best friends, murdering each other over such worthless metal.

When threatened, she can fight physically using reaction as her unarmed combat skill. She also uses Temperory Essence Drain in combat. Essence assumilated with this power augments her spirit energy for the purpose of determining her physical stats and the Force of her powers.

Unique Powers:

Karma Drain - The Karma Drain power allows Goose to take 1 point of Good Karma from the first metahuman to touch one of her eggs. For the purpose of this power, Goose's eggs act as expendible anchoring foci that are activatied by physical contact with any metahuman.

Goose rolls Force + Spirit Energy vs a TN of (target's Essence)
The target resists with Essence VS a TN of (Goose's Force + Spirit Energy)
The target loses Good Karma equal to Goose's net successes however goose can only gain 1 point of karma per use of this power.
A target cannot have less than 0 karma. If a target has 0 karma when the power is used then Goose can't get any karma from it.
DocMortand
Oh now that's just wrong.

Now where is Jack and the beanstalk? I mean, come on if we're going to bring in the fairy tales...

I WANT MY GIANTY GOODNESS!

(Translation: Great job...you had me groaning all the way through. smile.gif
Ancient History
Hell, I like it.
BookWyrm
I should post an old item of mine, The Mirror of Three Hearts.
toturi
Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

Little Red, Wolf and the 3 Pigs.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (DocMortand)
Oh now that's just wrong.

Now where is Jack and the beanstalk? I mean, come on if we're going to bring in the fairy tales...

I WANT MY GIANTY GOODNESS!

(Translation: Great job...you had me groaning all the way through. smile.gif

Okay.

Gregory Dubash was a giant. Boris's street name was "Jack". Jack climbed onto the balcony using a green stealth grapel line and murdered his victim by tricking the giant into followin him own the stealth line and then hitting it with the chemical compount that causes it to disintegrate.

Happy now? nyahnyah.gif
nick012000
I wouldn't throw that against my players.

They'd get paranoid, assense it, realize what it was going to do, then open up on it with the spells and automatic weaponry.

Well, that or they'd run away, get the mage to go on an Astral Quest for its True Name, bind it, and use it as a money-making factory.
Lindt
That is fantactic. Well done!

I keep swearing one of these days I will run a game with all these crazy items in it...
Fix-it
evil. I like.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (nick012000 @ Oct 23 2005, 09:42 PM)
I wouldn't throw that against my players.

They'd get paranoid, assense it, realize what it was going to do, then open up on it with the spells and automatic weaponry.

That's why it has aura masking. Besides, even if they bind it it can still use its powers on characters other than the one that binds it. A little bit of influance, a little bit of desire reflection, and a little bit a PC greed = TPK without the GM having to make an NPC lift a weapon.

And its still going to be eating their karma at a rather fast rate.
toturi
Until a PC does a kata(Virtuso) with Background Count 10, to calm his mind. And the PC binding it can command it not to use any of its powers until expressedly ordered to do so by the PC. And all the rest of the PCs could be Scorched to never to betray their team.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (toturi)
Until a PC does a kata(Virtuso) with Background Count 10, to calm his mind. And the PC binding it can command it not to use any of its powers until expressedly ordered to do so by the PC. And all the rest of the PCs could be Scorched to never to betray their team.

True. But it is also possible that Goose TEDs a character as soon as it notices that someone is attempting to bind it, upping its virtual force and making it that more difficuld to successfully bind.

And, of course, there is still the Karma Drain which is automatic so it wouldn't be efected by an order not to use any powers unless they know about it and explicitly forbid it.
nick012000
So you pick it up with a pair of prongs and give it to a squatter. Then you shoot him and take it back.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (nick012000)
So you pick it up with a pair of prongs and give it to a squatter. Then you shoot him and take it back.

Again, it only works if you know what is happening. Karma Drain isn't a usual spirit power. It is doubtfull that any magician will recognize it at first glance. For that matter, unless the magician is an initiate with masking there is no way he can assense Goose due to Aura Masking.

Of course, even if they bind it sucessfully the good fortune can't last forever. Precious metals don't just pop out of thin air normally. Eventually, someone will discover that they are being produced by a bound Free Spirit. Most likely, this will be the fence. The fence may decide that he wants to cut out the middleman, literally. Eventaully, the players are going to face some opposition over control of Goose if they don't simply destroy her, which is really the point. If they are greedy then they will pay for it.
nick012000
And given your typical group of PCs, they'll be more than willing to turn anyone who comes after them into a cooling corpse.

Well, that, or sell it to a Megacorp for big bucks.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (nick012000)
And given your typical group of PCs, they'll be more than willing to turn anyone who comes after them into a cooling corpse.

Well, that, or sell it to a Megacorp for big bucks.

Willing, yes. But able?
toturi
If willing but unable, they would be dead. And that would be a moot point.
BookWyrm
The Mirror of Three Hearts
The mirror itself is an ornate Victorian-style 'standing' dressing mirror, giving the viewer a full-length reflection of themselfs when within veiwing distance (less then 1/2 meter). The light-brown real wood frame is rather unremarkable looking, save for at the crown of the glass is a rather stylish symbol of three hearts, one in front of the other. The mirror is usually covered with a simple cloth, mostly to keep dust off of it.
If assensed, the mirror gives off a subtle aura, undefinable by even the most scrutinizing examinations. However, most will agree that ther is a hidden, almost restained power withing the mirror & frame.

Legend has it that all people have three hearts. One we show to the world, the second we reserve to ourselves, and the third is the true self.

If perchased legitimately, the owner may use the mirror for this function. When viewed alone (no one else around), the mirror will show the following in this sequence; the first viewing will show the owner a realised version of themselves, as if the person was the best at what they do for a living.
The second viewing will reveal their most inner-most self-image (this will vary from person to person; a strong person may seem weak & frail, a confident person shy & cowardly, ect. Check with your GM).
The third & final viewing will reveal the one definable truth about that person, that which forged them into the person they are now (again, check with your GM).

If stolen or gained in a karmically-wrong way (used to pay off a debt of crime, simply forced on someone, ect.) the mirror will not work as above. The glass will turn opaque & not funtion. If given as a gift in a positive way, the mirror will function properly.

The mirror is large & tall enough to show two normal sized meat-humans side-by-side or one full stized troll.

The drawback of this item is that (a) it functions only three times for EACH person, and (b) when a couple views it, this has led to more relationship- an marriage-breakups than the combined statistics of infidelity nationwide.
BookWyrm
Did I unintentionally stop this thread? If so, I appologise.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (BookWyrm)
Did I unintentionally stop this thread? If so, I appologise.

Oh no, the thread had been stoped long before your post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012