Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberware availability
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Magog777
Just wondering how other groups handle availability of different grades of cyberware. As the book reads (and as far as I can see in the SR3 core rules) there is no difference in availabilty rating. It would seem to me that alpha should be harder to find, and so on. Anyone know an official rule or creative house rule?

Caesar
Nikoli
+10% for Alpha (it's nearly ubiquitous enough not to be that different from standard)
For any thing over you still have to do the leg work to find a clinic capable of carrying out the work.
+50% for beta (thus rendering most beta out of the hands of players)
and +100% for delta
FrankTrollman
I just put an availability on the clinic itself. Rather than looking for someone who has a Beta Datajack (which just isn't going to be that hard no matter how you rig it up), I make people find the Beta Clinic, and then the Clinic itself makes checks to see iff they can do any particular procedure (which are very generous checks, because it's a Beta Clinic).

I put Alpha Clinics at availability 12 with an interval of 1 day. I put Beta Clinics at an availability of 18 with an interval of 2 days. And I put Delta Clinics at an availability of 24 with an interval of 1 week.

That's just a house rule, but it gives the right kind of setup. So far, no player has been willing to spend the several months of asking tough questions to get themselves into a Delta Clinic that is probably going to want to be paid in favors at least as much as it is in money.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012