Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Response
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ophis
Okay I've looked for this, and looked for this, yet still I can not find this.

WHAT IS A DRONES RESPONSE?

Sorry for the shouting. I just can't find a definitive answer. I think it is either equal to pilot or 3 based on the system ratings table in the Matrix chapter. Anyone have any ideas?
NightRain
Drones have a device rating of 3, according to page 214, which means that they have a response of 3 as well.
Veggiesama
Now can drones and/or vehicles' response ratings (as well as their other attributes) be upgraded individually?

And by extension, if you crack a Firewall R6 or System R6, can you assume all your drones and vehicles have that installed? I'd guess you can't "crack" hardware, so you'd have to buy that individually.
NightRain
QUOTE (Veggiesama)
Now can drones and/or vehicles' response ratings (as well as their other attributes) be upgraded individually?

Yes. There are prices for doing so listed in the book

And by extension, if you crack a Firewall R6 or System R6, can you assume all your drones and vehicles have that installed? I'd guess you can't "crack" hardware, so you'd have to buy that individually.

Whether or not you can do it in character creation is GM's call, the book doesn't say one way or the other. Once the game has started though, I believe once cracked, you can copy it to your hearts content
Cheops
Drones have no built in Response. You must purchase it separately. If you don't have any response then the drone's initiative is merely its Pilot (which can also be raised).
blakkie
QUOTE (Cheops @ Oct 23 2005, 12:10 PM)
Drones have no built in Response.  You must purchase it separately.  If you don't have any response then the drone's initiative is merely its Pilot (which can also be raised).

How you figure?

P.S. I think at least some of those drones should qualify as "security vehicles", no? Thus rating 4.
NightRain
QUOTE (Cheops)
Drones have no built in Response.  You must purchase it separately.  If you don't have any response then the drone's initiative is merely its Pilot (which can also be raised).

Wrong. Check out page 214. It specifically lists drones in that table

QUOTE (blakkie)
P.S. I think at least some of those drones should qualify as "security vehicles", no? Thuse rating 4.

Yeah, I imagine most GMs will rule it that way
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012