Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: find your players/GM
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Pages: 1, 2
warrior_allanon
hey guys, just thought of something thanks to another board i post on,

heres a world map that all you do is click on your location to mark (work real carefull with the zoom funtion and the left and right arrows on the top left of your screen) where you are, then you can find what players/GM's are in your location

map link

now we can find each other without having to constantly ask where each other is where

[Admin edit by Adam: I edited this post to link to the new Frappr map when I stickied the post.]
Cold Prophecy
That's a great site, we use something like that on our gaming community's forums as well.

I managed to place a marker right on my house, hehe...
Aku
i got right on where my apartment complex is too... unfortunately the detail isn't good enough or updated enough for me to get my exact building, i actually had to swap to map mode to get the street i live on.
Eddie Furious
The city, but not even the right quadrant.

Yes, I'm THAT paranoid.
Jrayjoker
There I am.
nezumi
Great googly moogly... What a boring place, jray! It looks all flat and... same.

Cool idea. I couldn't find my cardboard box, but I put my sticky pretty close by. If this gets popular, I think it should become a sticky somewhere.
Jrayjoker
Well, in all honesty, it is pretty flat. But the weather sucks, and the people are rude.
nezumi
Whoever is map admin... Whiterabbit has placed her marker while on the highest zoom. I believe this is because she doesn't have to drive to games, so her concept of distance is greatly diminished. Anyway, her marker is in Pennsylvania, about a hundred miles off from the actual STATE that she lives in. Is there a way to remove her marker? If not... Well, I guess anyone looking for a game in PA will be sorely disappointed.

(Hmm... On closer inspection, it looks very near to Hershey Park. Sometimes you have to wonder about women...)
warrior_allanon
will see what i can do but considering i couldnt fix my one mess up i doubt i could do anything.....PEOPLE please use the zoom when doing this, GET CLOSE, at least mark your city or your end of the city if its a large one (ie new york)

Aku
I'm not sure what you're talking about nezumi, i looked at winterrabbit's mark, and it looked like it was in the NW corner of Philly... now where even close to Hershey...
nezumi
QUOTE (Aku)
I'm not sure what you're talking about nezumi, i looked at winterrabbit's mark, and it looked like it was in the NW corner of Philly... now where even close to Hershey...

(I was teasing nyahnyah.gif )
FrostyNSO
Sheez, I placed my mark directly on my BBQ.
warrior_allanon
i'm gonna ask this to those who hit the thread, yay or nay, should i mark known SR hotspots like say the Renraku Arcology or Dantes Inferno....if not gonna make a whole new one for SR locations

BaronKen
Nay. Make a new one for SR locations.

BTW, the map link above is currently not working.
Jrayjoker
New, new, new.
Slacker
QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
i'm gonna ask this to those who hit the thread, yay or nay, should i mark known SR hotspots like say the Renraku Arcology or Dantes Inferno....if not gonna make a whole new one for SR locations

There's a community project to do just that using Google Earth already.
warrior_allanon
blast it, guess guestmap is down right now, will see what i might be able to accomplish by monday, dont give up on this though, if anything will find a way to make a new map and unfortunatly everyone will have to repost, but it shouldnt be so hard
warrior_allanon
alright folks, good news bad news time:
bad news:
i dont know whats up with guestmaps but they seem to be dead as the proverbial doornail,

good news:
i have found another site to do this on so everone is gonna have to repost their locations, i'm already on it so lets get to it people

shadowrun meet and greet map link
Aku
im on there now too, but i have to say, i liked the other one better, i didnt see anyway to pinpoint where exactly i'm at like the first version had, is this possible, or does it just pin you zipcode?
Slacker
Yeah, looks like it only lets you add based on your zip code. For the paranoid, this is a good thing. But I rather liked the old version better.
warrior_allanon
i did as well but as i said, guest map died on me

warrior_allanon
i guess very few people are paying attention to this being that no one is posting new points on the map

6thDragon
I'm getting an error message when I try clicking on the link.
Eddie Furious
I re-added myself this morning.
nezumi
QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
i guess very few people are paying attention to this being that no one is posting new points on the map

Hearing the last map disappeared and the new one isn't as good doesn't exactly inspire some of us nyahnyah.gif
warrior_allanon
i hate to use something so cliche, but heh, its better than nothing
Mekalus
Added myself this morning. I am hoping to get into a group I need my SR fix. biggrin.gif
warrior_allanon
this is a bump and putting the map link on the second page

GM player map
Aku
you're linkies broken, it takes me to microsoft.com
warrior_allanon
link fixed, should be fine now
stevebugge
Just added myself
warrior_allanon
sorry but bump
skyekicker
Anyone here live near Scottsdale, Arizona.
warrior_allanon
alright folks heres some good news, apparently Adam took note of what i was trying to do here and we have been noticed, as of today we are actually listed on the Official Shadowrun Website. Also looking at the forums this has also been made a sticky now, so i wont have to keep bumping it. Use this freely and help each other out
AbNo
Well, I added myself.

I live somewhere on that circle, I'm still not sure where , though.

Moving is fun... sarcastic.gif

And now, I'm in Harrisonburg, VA.

Moving is STILL fun...
Callidus
Added myself and wow! there's actually UK SR gamers and even a couple vaguely near me *8-> I'd be up for a drive to Reading for Shadowrun *8->
Asheron
A few peoples in Durham...i can finally get into a group again...
Iron Guardian
Put myself on the map not long after it was announced on the FanPro Shadowrun site. Finally located some folks and have started a new campaign with them last night (08/04/06). Still could use a few more 'runners...just waiting for some followup responses.

Main problem I have with SR FRAPPR is the clumsy way of locating fellow SR players/GM's who live nearby...definitely needs a better search function or something. Also somewhat annoying is the "interesting people in your area" section which includes people from other FRAPPR sites who really don't have anything in common with you other than being on FRAPPR and living nearby.
AbNo
Currently in Harrisonburg, VA.

I also have a buddy that is interested in trying out SR, and may be able to talk another friend into trying it.

I am also dabbling in the idea of actually running a game myself.
Merrilin
Geeze, nobody is anywhere near me! twirl.gif
TravisBickle
added myself for atlanta area smile.gif
wilcoxon
Added myself.

It parsed the correct address (and even got the right zip which is unusual) but then placed the marker in the completely wrong spot (right city but about a mile from where the address it lists is).
ShadowDragon
Added myself. Unfortunately no ones as near me as I'd like.
fistandantilus4.0
Just moved and popped my self into Redding CA. Ironically now there's someone where I used to live.
ShieldT
Hey Fistandtilus. biggrin.gif

Butte County here. Just posted to the main forum.

There used to be a game in Paradise, CA. Any luck so far in Redding?
fistandantilus4.0
Ha! Nice to see some company. I've been lookign at the Law Enforcement Academy in Butte, so I know where you're at.

There was one guy , handle Petrified Cow, that said he was in Redding. but he never replid or posted again, adn that's all I've seen. We just moved from Utah, my wife aka Plan B so we've only had the forums here to play on.
Fortune
I added myself again. wavey.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (Fortune)
I added myself again. wavey.gif

Long time no hear from.
gknoy
After a long, dark teatime of -- wait, no, just being completely swamped with other random crap (hehe) -- I'm back. (-: And, according to the map am in the middle of nowhere. =) Thanks for organizing this.
D Minor
Nice map ...Sent the link to my online gamin buddies
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012