Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winternight (System Failure)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Synner
For those interested, particularly anyone who doesn't possess the original Threats sourcebook, FanPro thought it might be cool to pull back the curtain of time and let people have look at the first appearance of the guys bent on bringing the world to an end in System Failure.

The chapter that originally introduced the apocalyptic cult Winternight to the Sixth World is now available on the official Shadowrun website. The pdf offers the original fiction - a pretty scary look at the cult's ruthless MO and a peak at the devious plans that come to fruition in System Failure - and relevant Game Info updated to SR3. Besides showing how nasty these guys can be, we've managed to include information on the group's cell-level organization and some details on their magic, use of BTL, and tactics that might prove useful to complement the material in System Failure.

Hope people like.

<Edit: Please note that the BTL chart in the pdf erratas a layout fumble on my part in System Failure.>
Velocity
Thanks, Synner--this is actually a really nice little gift from FanPro, even (or maybe especially) for those of us who have Threats. I'm gonna go read it right away. wavey.gif
Fortune
Cool, thanks. smile.gif
Synner
QUOTE (Velocity @ Oct 25 2005, 09:52 PM)
Thanks, Synner--this is actually a really nice little gift from FanPro, even (or maybe especially) for those of us who have Threats.

Good to hear. In fact, there's some stuff in there that didn't fit in the wider context of System Failure and we wanted to slip in nonetheless simply because it might prove useful. I hope people like and find it useful as a complement to the "Fall of Night" campaign track.

On a side note, if there's interest in it, I might be able to post (on DSF) some of the non-essential snippets of the chapter that were left out for length.
Velocity
QUOTE (Synner)
On a side note, if there's interest in it, I might be able to post (on DSF) some of the non-essential snippets of the chapter that were left out for length.

I'm definitely interested in reading that! smile.gif
Sicarius
Did you ever read something and say "Damn I wish my GM had access to that?"

I have a offline character, A Wolf Shamanist Russian mafioso, who last 'run was a raid against a BTL chip factory... would have been a sweet campaign path to go down.
SirBedevere
Yes please Synner, plese post anything that you can.
DocMortand
Wow! Great stuff, definately will have to use it in my campaign at some point. Any other threats being updated?
Adam
QUOTE (Sicarius)
Did you ever read something and say "Damn I wish my GM had access to that?"

I have a offline character, A Wolf Shamanist Russian mafioso, who last 'run was a raid against a BTL chip factory... would have been a sweet campaign path to go down.

So... print it out and give it to him? smile.gif
Tanka
Definitely interested in that, Synner. Post some goodness!
caramel frappuccino
Echo that. smile.gif
Ophis
Yes more winternight goodness

wait a mo that sound wrong. Neh whatever.
Tanka
I'm all about Norse mythology anyway, heh.
MYST1C
Some comments:
From page 5, right column, third entry on the Shadowtalk is set in the wrong font (main text font instead of commentary font).
On page 8 the Runenthing is called "Verband für Volkische Zauberek". Correct would be "Verband für lkische Zauberei".
Tanka
QUOTE (M¥$T1C)
Some comments:
From page 5, right column, third entry on the Shadowtalk is set in the wrong font (main text font instead of commentary font).
On page 8 the Runenthing is called "Verband für Volkische Zauberek". Correct would be "Verband für lkische Zauberei".

There's also some typos, a few of them I think are purposeful. Also; some typesetting errors. A space in the wrong place, for instance. Nothing big, the information is still given and recieved in the same manner.
Synner
Don't know how I mispelled the Verband but that and any mistakes in the updated Game Info section are definitely mea culpa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012