Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online Retailers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Veggiesama
I've placed an order on Amazon.com for the SR4 book a few weeks ago, and though it seems many others have received their copies, I have not. So I searched around for an online shop, and I found out that many sites aren't even getting their copies until late November!

Is there anywhere online to order the non-PDF, non-preorder (or at least a preorder that doesn't have a nebulous "4-6 weeks" date) hardback copy of SR4?
Slacker
As I and others have said in various threads, Amazon is not the way to go for any roleplaying material they are invariably 3+ weeks behind the typical FLGS.

It looks like the Studio 2 website is selling it (at least it doesn't say pre-order anymore), but their homepage says their ordering system is down through today.
6thDragon
Yeah, I don't recommend amazon either. I placed an order back in August, but eventually bought it from the FLGS and cancelled the amazon order.
Dragonscript
For some reason, i thought this was going to be a thread about in-game online retailers and using fake SINs. Damn it has been a long day...
Bearclaw
I just ordered a softcover from them. It didn't have a picture though. Did I order something other than the 4th ed core book?
Zeel De Mort
Eh, I dunno. Mine's a hardcover anyway, and it's not LE or anything.

Personally I've found amazon(.co.uk) excellent for delivering me books from Other systems, but have never even bothered trying for SR. There are lots of other small stores out there that will do you an excellent service there.
6thDragon
I'd double check. I was under the impression all the BBBs were heardcover. Just look at the picture on the cover. If it looks like this it's 4th edition. If it looks like this it's 3rd.
Akimbo
I bought a Hardcover from FRPGames. I highly recommend them. I had some questions regarding the book and they answered them in full and in a timely manner. Very good customer service if you ask me.
Veggiesama
Thanks Akimbo, I went ahead and made an order from them. Looks like I'm not going to get it until 11/10, though... *groans*. Oh well, it's probably better than Amazon.
Redhammer the Old
I ordered from http://www.nobleknight.com they were really quick to answer questions about postage to Europe and it took 4 (FOUR) days to come from WI to London. Can only recommend them.
Bullet Raven
I ordered my copy from http://www.leisuregames.com

and I got it less than a week later wink.gif

they obviously had theirs on time and haven't sold out yet smile.gif
Zeel De Mort
I've used Leisure Games quite a few times and find them to be very good. Ordered SR4 a couple of weeks ago and it arrived at my door within 48 hours.
Akimbo
QUOTE (Veggiesama)
Thanks Akimbo, I went ahead and made an order from them. Looks like I'm not going to get it until 11/10, though... *groans*. Oh well, it's probably better than Amazon.

No problem. My pleasure to be of service. Two of my friends bought their books from there as well. We've been more than satisfied with the service they provided. Thanks FRPGames for being more reliable than Amazon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012