Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making the Shadowrun World Your Own
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gomez
What changes have you made to the Shadowrun setting to make it different? I am not talking about rules but more about the world itself and the atmosphere of the game.
Kagetenshi
Made Puyallup even more torn-up and barbaric, increased the corruption of law enforcement and government.

~J
Birdy
Currently writing up all the changes made in various sessions so here come:

No Exterritoriallity. SR corps get their power the same way real world ones do: They buy some politicians, send in some Lobbists and occassionaly cause an accident or two

No Nannies, No ADL I always considered the NAN borderline and the ADL totally stupid. So I killed both. I rather use a fragmented USA like Walter Jon Williams in Hardwired with some of the US states dominated by the Indians. And there's no such thing as Tir Tairngire, just some Feys claiming territory and getting ignored mostly

As for the ADL I tend to totally ignore the stuff on Elve-, Dwarf- and Troll-Kingdoms. I have run my ADL as Otto's wet dream[1] with lots of cameras, Blockwarts and guys in leather raincoats. Basically a PATRIOT act come true and then some

No Tir Na Nog When the feys claimed "This land is ours" Paddy O'Toole took a look at the Fey and then answered "And this is my Shillelag" and gave them a trashing. The Feys of Ireland are terrorists trying to dislodge the legal government

Hard Money and Drugs Payment in electronic cash is rare for criminals. Most of the time it's the classical briefcase full of money or they are paid in easily fenced valuables such as drugs, chips etc. And there are local currencies with the nuyen.gif being the modern day ECU

No SIN, no Wagon Activ Professional criminals (aka: Runners) don't have a SIN. Neither do they have unbreakable high level fakes. They don't have permanent high-class livestyles either. And forget the runner with a DocWagon contract

Racism There is a lot of Racism, both open and covered. I.e Trolls can decide wether they are crawlers or sliders when it comes upon entering a Subway train. Either way, they won't stand in the train. Same for most other environments, they are not equal access[2]. Trolls and, to a lesser degree Orks, are feared, Elven are seen as dangerous schemers or snot-nosed assholes and Dwarfs end up too short and seen as cute

Burn da Witch Okay, if she looks like Sabrina we might have other ideas. But in general the public does not trust mages. Police has a "if in doubt, gun them" attitude, magical education is strongly licenced and controlled. Basically an equivalent to a concealed carry permit. A german one.

More Corp A lot of employees life in Corp city, parts of the town owned by their employer, with shops that sell their employers products, schools that are sponsored by the corp etc. Those are not Arcologies but the keep in the family pressure is high.

More Space Space is clother to CP Deep Space or a toned down version of GURPS: Transhuman Space without Bioroids etc

Metahuman Policlubs and Violence Just like IRL there is a leftist Autonomer for every right-wing Neonazi here in germany, there are Anti-Human policlubs run by Metas as well as evil gangs made up from metas and/or mages

Bad Greenie<Bang>Good Greenie Eco-Terrorists are eco-Terrorists. They are the violent version of PETA's Mrs. Newkirk or the Luddites from the new Terminator novells when it comes to their disregard of human lifes outside their group. They'll poison a city of 100.000 to rescue 50 hamsters. After all, humans are just animals

Birdy

[1] Otto Schilly was our Minister of the Interior. A big fan of 1984 - but he rooted for the Government!

[2] IRL equal access is not guaranteed for handicapped
SL James
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Oct 27 2005, 09:25 AM)
Made Puyallup even more torn-up and barbaric, increased the corruption of law enforcement and government.

~J

Yeah, same here. Reduced the size of the Redmond barrens simply because the explanation (mass dotcom exodus following the Crash) made no real sense, and it's not like Redmond is heavily urbanized. We're talking about gangs taking up residences in old business parks and abandoned gated subdivisions, and not acting like they're claiming a street corner in Harlem.

Other than that, there's so much I could change that it's not worth bothering to change because I'd end up spending 99% of my time making something that eventually looks nothing like Shadowrun's setting (and a lot less like Birdy's, which is kind of cute in an absurd way).
nezumi
Hmm... A lot of the biggest stuff I tend to ignore. It's not worth my trouble to adjust. The USSR exists on and off, depending on how I'm feeling.

That said, I do make changes in the basic world. For one, there's a lot more racism and a lot more punk in my games. Also, more punk. More mohawks, more colored hair, more cosmetic cyberware. A LOT more cosmetic cyber, really. Cyberware also has grades in a different manner. Not only is there alpha/beta/delta, there's used/standard/luxury/uber-luxury (with the only real change being price and name brand stamps).

For the most part though, I stick to canon for the day-to-day stuff.

SL James
Oh, right. Racism. Racism is ubiquitous and often violent for no other reason than "because." I hate trolls, so they get an especially virulent treatment from me. Being a meta mostly sucks, and being a human in meta neighborhoods is too-often suicidal.
FrankTrollman
A lot of the changes I've made were additions to the world before they were described in Shadowrun books at all - the perils of attempting to run shared world games for 16 years.

Examples:

[*] Ghouls are still goblinized in my games, they aren't infectious (note that they were only written up as infectious in Bug City, Critters, and the SR3 Companion - which is still less than half of the writeups of Ghouls). Further, I already had a Ghoul Nation in Africa that had its capital in Lagos before Cyberpirates came out, and I'm not moving it to Burkina Faso just to fit with "canon".

[*] My California has little resemblance to the CFS that has been described in canon products. Part of that is having run games centered in California since the late eighties, and part of that is that I seem to have a better grasp of what things are where around here than do a lot of authors of Shadowrun. That being said, the borders of my CFS are exactly the same as they are today, with the addition of a greyed out region that extends from about Redding up to Chemult which is the "Jacksonian Disputed Region". Aztlan does not occupy San Diego in my games, and the PCC does not control the Los Angeles Basin (the LA basin is so large and populous that it exceeds the population of the entire PCC listed in Shadows of North America). I have made a concession to the SR4 timeline and filled LA up with water, but I did so with water from the sky rather than earthquakes - mostly because I know anything about geology and I find the idea of LA being turned into an island chain by earthquakes to be intellectually insulting. On the other hand, its non-porous soil makes LA uniquely vulnerable to flash flooding, so increased rainfall brought about by global warming is an entirely plausible way to fill up Los Angeles with water.

BTW, you can figure out which parts are underwater and which are not by looking at a topographical map. Like this one.

[*] Asia has a lot more countries in it in my games than Shadowrun Canon allows for. Did you get the impression that the authors of Shadows of Asia got really lazy when writing up India? I did. Waves of magic inspired secessionism destroyed all the major countries on Earth, and India survived? WTF? India is in danger of falling apart right now, and engages in multiple civil conflicts simultaneously. The United Nations recognizes ongoing civil conflicts in Assam, Kashmir, and West Bengal, and there are current ceasefires in Nagaland, Manipur, Punjab, and Tamil Nadu. I have virtually all of those regions being their own countries (West Bengal combined with Bengaladesh to form United Bengal). If India had really been able to hold on to all those provinces, it would be the number one superpower on Earth, bar none. Considering that the rest of Shadowrun seems to largely ignore the Indian subcontinent, it is reasonable to expect that it has collapsed into countries with no more than 150 million people in them.

Similarly, I've had the nation of "Trollish Myanmar" since long before Shadows of Asia came out, and I like it better than their writeup of Burma, so I'm keeping it. Nominally it's a kingdom, and all you have to do to rule is kill the previous king in personal combat. Keeps with the whole "heads on bamboo poles" flavor of Myanmar in the present day.

[*] Germany - I pretty much completely ignore all the Proteus stuff. All of it. To the extent that I don't even read it. So I'm not entirely certain how much my Europe differs from current canon, but let's just say that no Thor Shots have been fired at any part of Europe or the North Sea on my watch as GM.

[*] Year of the Comet - I thought this book was pretty lame, and I use almost nothing from it.

[*] Earthdawn Links - haven't used them yet, don't plan to start.

That's about it. There are some flavor issues that I do, but that's mostly just personalization. Aztlan is a dictatorship run by a corporation, and that's plenty evil enough. I actually find that people are more horrified by a system that has a computer tally up how many government services you've taken advantage of and compare it to how much you "contribute to the economy" to determine how much you pay in taxes (hint: Aztechnology executives contribute "a lot" to the economy and don't have to pay takes) than they are by people sacrificing humans to bring demons across the veil to destroy the world. The first is chillingly realistic evil, the second is black hatted cartoony evil. I try to use the first type whenever possible.

Human crafted dystopia makes for much better theatre than magical invasions. So I keep the villains to ethically challenged normals rather than magical threats most of the time. Makes the fights between bad and worse a little more believable.

-Frank
SL James
I have made a concession to the SR4 timeline and filled LA up with water, but I did so with water from the sky rather than earthquakes - mostly because I know anything about geology and I find the idea of LA being turned into an island chain by earthquakes to be intellectually insulting.

HAHAHAHA. Sad, but true.

Otherwise, that's pretty badass, like what I'd do if I actually went ahead and changed everything and got my players to go along with it (which is harder than trying to herd cats).
Cray74
I've got an alternate history where megacorps never get sovereign status and there's no balkanization of power groups. I call the setting, "Superpowers, Corporate Whores."

The world is divided into (not necessarily hostile) major power blocs like the EU, USA, China, and MERCOSUR. Megacorps lobby and bribe the superpowers into doing their bidding (more or less). With the huge free trade zones of the super power nations, megacorps can turn a much better profit and operate more efficiently than in Shadowrun and are thus happy to maintain the status quo - it costs less to control a few nations than many small ones.

Shadowrunners are extremely critical as deniable assets because megacorps are not sovereign, nor extra-territorial. Executives can be arrested for murder, bribery, etc. if they're caught directly ordering such dirty deeds.

Quite a few long-lived non-human personalities (e.g., the Great Dragons) are unchanged, as is technology, gear, rules, etc., but the political map and history are different. Historical changes compared to canon Shadowrun...well, the history of "Superpowers, Corporate Whores" starts with real world history up to about 2005AD. As a couple of examples of the differences, the Shiawase and Seretech Decisions have been missed (no corporate extra-territoriality or militaries) and North American governments are on better terms with Native Americans (so the Great Ghost Dance won't occur).
PlatonicPimp
I haven't changed Canon at all yet, but since I'm starting post- Crash 2.0, in 2070, I'm going to have some fun. Basically, all the fluf text and files from shadowland (ie, all the supplemental material) is, at best, 6 years old, and at worst, was wrong to begin with. Much information didn not survive the crash, and there is nothing to say that which did survive was correct. Frequently disinformation is spread on purpose by the parties involved. After all, it makes it hard to invade your country when no one can actually FIND it. In the 6 years after teh crash, people in north America were too busy surviving and rebuilding to even care what was going on in places like, say, India or Africa. (BTW, india remains whole on the map because the government says they control the area, and the rebels who actually control it don't really care about international recognition.)
That's why I love the shadowland node method of sourcebook publication. The people posting might know what they are talking about, or they might be full of crap. Take your chances, chummer, and never bet your life on anyone else's intel.
Kyoto Kid
hoo boy...where to start.

Well foremost, technological development takes a different route Though I am still in 2062, I have already adopted technological advancement from both SOTA supplements. Since the days of Rigger 2, I had introduced concepts like fuel cell powerplants, fly by light control systems for aircraft, dual stage turbo-scram/slipstream ignition engines for suborbitals & spaceplanes (this is where the shape of the craft itself makes it one large boost engine - read about this concept years ago in Aviation Week), Magneto induction drive vehicles (where the wheels are the motors), and autonomous drones.

Orbital/Near Space is a lot more inhabited. There are a number of high orbit & L point stations as well as several permanent installations on the moon. There already have been 3 successful excursions to Mars the first two drone followed by the first manned landing. Autonomous robotic spacecraft have also been investigating the asteroid belt , and several of the Jovian moons.

There is a large Consortium of medium sized corporations involved in technology, transportation & aerospace (The Olympus Group) that have banded together. It is not a Megacorp per se, but does wield a lot of power.

With the bug mess in Chicago, it's smaller neighbour to the north has benefitted and become a more prominent centre for commerce. It also has returned to it's old Central European roots and is fairly retro in many areas while being home to some of the most advanced technological firms in the UCAS.

Europe has a few different touches: The ubiquitous "Bobby" still walks the neighbourhood street beats of London. There is still a Scotland Yard (and it is very efficient in its operations). As have been seen in some of my other posts, a major conflict is brewing in the Balkans that involves the New Soviet. Speaking of the Russians they are, at this point, still much more Eurocentric. They also have a larger presence in orbital space as well.

The TT is still the TT, though it has been made a fool of by one (NPC) "prince" who pulled up stakes to head to her native home in the Kingdom of Hawai'i'. Because of her presence (and paranoia of the Tir) the island nation has become somewhat a fortress on both the technological and astral level. Yes there is a reason for this, but I'm not into issuing spoilers on upcoming campaigns.

And this is but a small sample. Yes, events like Dunkelzahn's assassination, the Comet, Bug City, and the Renraku Shutdown have still occurred. However certain events of my own design have also made an impact on the world.
SL James
When I reach the Crash and the immediate after-effects, the coup alone will have massive shockwaves being felt into 2070, let alone the Crash, let alone Winternight (especially now that there's more info on them than any other group in Shadowrun). Things don't just collapse because the End Boss gets whacked like in a video game or a James Bond movie.

Basically, I am using them but I am not really living them. The whole coup storyline was, IMO, pretty pathetic without a lot of help.
Enigma
Flavour-wise I always think organised crime in shadowrun is a little too cute and cuddly, and Lone Star and other police agencies seem a little weak. Shadowrunners are a different breed to standard criminals and they need to stand out from standard criminal groups, but runners still need to interact with some of the more violent scum in Seattle.

I draw on RL examples from here in Ozland (where organised crime is less sophisticated and equally brutal to that in the US) and emphasise the viciousness of organised criminal activity. Yakuza don't occasionally send some slightly disrespectful gangers into a club that's cutting into their turf and refusing to pay protection to tip drinks on the floor and play silly songs on the jukebox, they burn it to the ground WITH every patron locked inside and perform a living autopsy on every member of the owner's family they can grab in one night. My latest project is making gangers more frightening, in that they aren't an amusing distraction to a run or something to test your melee weapons on, they are a drug-f*cked bunch of psychopathic sociopathic killers with almost unlimited access to firearms who never learned that killing is bad.

Shadowrun also needs to be a game where players run off quickly in fear when the police turn up. PCs in my game who engage in a running gunfight with the Star are dead or moving to Europe, not having a beer and thinking they're cool after they get away. Corporate heat is small potatoes compared to police heat when they want to find you. Shoot-to-kill policies are applied, not sacrificed for cinematic-ness. SERT/SWAT teams coming to raid a PC safehouse aren't a team of seven or ten guys with some thick armour that slows them down, they come in groups of fifty or so with snipers on every rooftop, and carry big enough firepower to actually kill over-armoured PCs.
SL James
When was OC ever that fluffy in Shadowrun?

The club fire and assassinations should be a good start.
Enigma
I always found the Underworld Sourcebook to be quite informative but pretty tame. It might be a trick of the writing or it might be squeamishness, but I was hoping for something a whole lot darker because organised criminals are really bad people.

An example is that Yakuza published adventure with the elven rocker (the name escapes me for the moment). It's the only example of a published SR product talking realistically about what happens if you don't pay the proper respect to senior yakuza figures. They kill you, horribly. Then they kill your family and your friends.

It might be a function of the games I've played in, as well, but I've never felt any published SR product creates the fear of organised crime groups that is necessary. After all, an organised crime group is in many ways the ultimate threat to shadowrunners, since they don't really have rules to follow as such, are every bit as skilled and ruthless as runners are, and have massively greater resources and influence.
SL James
Ah... That would explain it. I never read that book.
Kyoto Kid
As to the usual "Keystone Kops" approach to Lonestar & other police agencies...

I also felt this was ridiculous. I play all police in my world - be they private contract or government sponsored - a lot tougher. The last thing a runner needs is to be hauled into central lockup, be it in Seattle, Milwaukee (the police here are more akin to the Austrian Gendarme as outlined in SoE), or London. Most definitely, you do not want to find yourself on the wrong side of the Royal Hawai'ian Police - especially if you re a haole (no, it ain't McGarret or Dano cuffing you) You'd be counting your lucky stars if all they did was take you to jail.

(In an upcoming segment, the team will see just how efficient and "personable" an inspector from "The Yard" can be.)

Regarding Organised Crime, as mentioned above, these are some really, really nasty people and the runners need to be wary of them. Cutting a deal means you are in, for good. Slip up and you may find yourself taking a walk at the bottom of the Vistula sans breathing gear (Red Vory) or becoming part of that new embankment project on the Mersey" (UK Mafia).

Then there's the Droogs, (We all remember A Clockwork Orange). Yes, they are THE #1 gang which terrorises the streets of London in a most stylish and unpleasant way. Meanwhile, the East End has it's ethnic gangs (mostly Eastern European & Islamic) several of which border on the paramilitary. The runners have so far managed to avoid contact with them.
SL James
Yeah. One of these days I'll have to describe the OC campaign we did where we as the Vory killed a whole nightclub full of people for little more than shits and giggles.
Kagetenshi
I think neither the Keystone Kops nor the "your life is over now" approach makes any sense for the cops—I play them as they're described. Mildly efficient, very brutal, and ultimately quite killable without repercussion with some proper strategy. I'll note that the last is true of police from any era.

~J
Enigma
My problem is that I like police officers, generally. I work with a lot of them and respect them thoroughly.

I suppose my approach to police in SR works because I have what amounts to an unstated understanding with my players - I won't subject them to the fullest forensic repurcussions of their conduct provided they don't step over the line. The line is really doing anything that would make them such a priority that the full force of an investigating agency would come down on them.

For example, I made the mistake of allowing someone in the game to get access to rocketry and C-12. They did a run, it went bad, and they fought their way out. The death toll went well over fifty, mostly police and corporate security but also a fair number of bystanders. On the way out (and the reason they escaped) was they rocketed cars as they drove off to form obstructions to pursuing vehicles. They also managed a lucky couple of shots with a rocket to down a chopper and made their escape into the barrens.

As far as I was concerned, the line was waaaaaay back there before the rockets started getting fired, and it had been crossed but good. So, the fact that they had neglected to do smart things like wear balaclavas, use encrypted radios, use names other than their well-known street names, use vehicles which were easily identifiable and so on meant they were visited by a strike team large enough to take down a team with such huge amounts of obvious firepower. This was a revenge hit squad from the police, not really looking too hard for an arrest.

Where players just do stuff that's illegal but really boils down to one corp losing some data, or some valuable thing, or a couple of corporate personnel, it's all good because the cops wouldn't care particularly. Where they start mass-murdering for a getaway, they're pretty much dead.
Rifleman
I've been playing it that whenever my players pull a run, the results are canon for us no matter what the officials say. This has resulted in:

After a long story arc spanning half a decade real time The Mafia is under the control of Rowena O'Malley as of late 2064 after she pulled off a Coup D'etat with the aid of three other (homebrew) gangsters. The yakuza was pushed out of Tacoma. Rowena has earned the monicker 'Bloody Mary' after what she did to the Mary finnigan following Maurices 'sudden and unexpected death'. The Commissione has accepted her as Capo, and Seattle has become the Mob's dumping ground.

LA is NOT a island. I think this is universal for anyone who's actually seen the city. However it is haunted and under siege by Shedim.

Art Dankwalthers was a wageslave, but not a druggie, busted out from Ares so that he could collect on his financial windfall. He began his own corp, and here was where I rejoined Canon by having Novatech rip the company out from under him. Art was put down at the end of system shock, but it was by the runners (his former friends and the two of the very people who had rescued him from Ares) after realizing exactly how nutso he had become.

Mirage is not dead after System Shock, but rather in hiding. Also he was a bit more loopy in my reality than he was in canon, often corrupting the matrix he occupies as his being reaches out in unconscious attempts to follow his old programming and 'purge the virus' which has become ingrained in systems as IC and defensive measures.

Cross is still alive, and the seraphim are still a major scary threat. But horizon is on the rise and depending on the next few runs may be primed to take the position in mere weeks.

And lets not forget the North America Defensive Pact: UCAS, CAS, and Sioux (and as of yesterday, Yucatan) allied against Aztlan should another war break out. This union is also responsible for the American Interpol, aka "The Federales," who make appearances in far corners of North America investigating everything from international incidents to 'X-files.'

(Yes, I have my own Skully/Mulder look alikes. Every GM should have a set in his back pocket to warn players weird stuffs about to go down, break out the heavy gear.)

I am going to stop now.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Enigma)
My problem is that I like police officers, generally.  I work with a lot of them and respect them thoroughly.

I suppose my approach to police in SR works because I have what amounts to an unstated understanding with my players - I won't subject them to the fullest forensic repurcussions of their conduct provided they don't step over the line.  The line is really doing anything that would make them such a priority that the full force of an investigating agency would come down on them.

For example, I made the mistake of allowing someone in the game to get access to rocketry and C-12.  They did a run, it went bad, and they fought their way out.  The death toll went well over fifty, mostly police and corporate security but also a fair number of bystanders.  On the way out (and the reason they escaped) was they rocketed cars as they drove off to form obstructions to pursuing vehicles.  They also managed a lucky couple of shots with a rocket to down a chopper and made their escape into the barrens. 

As far as I was concerned, the line was waaaaaay back there before the rockets started getting fired, and it had been crossed but good.  So, the fact that they had neglected to do smart things like wear balaclavas, use encrypted radios, use names other than their well-known street names, use vehicles which were easily identifiable and so on meant they were visited by a strike team large enough to take down a team with such huge amounts of obvious firepower.  This was a revenge hit squad from the police, not really looking too hard for an arrest.

Where players just do stuff that's illegal but really boils down to one corp losing some data, or some valuable thing, or a couple of corporate personnel, it's all good because the cops wouldn't care particularly.  Where they start mass-murdering for a getaway, they're pretty much dead.

This is the way I usually handle things. Looting a corp is one thing, fragging police or innocent civilians is another. If anyone has ran in Celtic Double Cross, they will see the really bad side of this. Good rule of thumb, do not frag a policeman, it is definitely Bad Karma & a good way to pick up a new flaw or two,
Stinger
In my Shadowrun world, the whole "immortal elves" thing and the tie up with Earthdawn never sat well with me so I have ignored the metaplot entirely.

I enjoyed the mix of fantasy and tech, and I liked the implications of it for society, but I tend to downplay the fantasy elements a lot. My world is also a lot less "gonzo" than some of the official literature can sometimes be, with regards to metahumans and such. Yeah, all the fantasy elements are there, but I don't draw attention to them much.

Magic is indeed rare and mysterious. Magic capable characters are few and highly sought after, and most work in some sort of official capacity. Those that don't and run the shadows are equally rare and sought after.

With a lot of games with involved and detailed settings I often look for the "blank spots" that haven't been filled in with a lot of info. When I was at the peak of my involvement in SR (around the beginning of 2nd ed) the developers hadn't done a lot with California, so I set my campaigns in Los Angeles and made up most of the background for it on my own. The central idea was a huge earthquake (the "Big One" that all Californians fear) happened in 2017. It destroyed the city and in particular it created a huge canyon/rift/hole that became the outlaw zone where I set many adventures. I also had two huge arcologies that dominated the skyline, one was the offshore Mitsuhama arcology, and the other was the Fuchi Mile-High Tower (both literally a mile high).

At the time, there was no official setting info for Japan either (at least none in English), so I made a Mega-Tokyo of my own (with some help from the JIS website).

On the subject of ignoring metaplot, in one of my campaigns, the PCs brought about a big world changing event - they helped the earth become a sentient being (viz David Brin's "Earth" novel and Gaia theories). This change was attended by worldwide geological disasters, a matrix crash, and the resulting chaos.

So, with the 4th edition, I'm looking forward to getting back to the game I love. The matrix crash of the canon allows me to fit my own matrix crash into the setting. The sentience of the Earth is not widely known or understood (the runners who brought it about all died save one, and he ain't talking) thus providing the grand enigma.

Should be a fun ride!
Dog
I know that there are those who might wanna lynch me for this, but I embrace a lot of the metaplot fantasy stuff. The search for ancient artifacts of the fourth world is probably the most common source of work for a runner, and when you trace anything up to its source, chances are good there's an IE or a dragon behind it. At least one AA corp initiates all of its senior staff and company men with HMHVV. There's been an all-drake NPC shadowteam. Scattered around the world are several mortal magicians aware of the whole horrors thing and are doing their damndest to stop it. (Though I've never read ED.)
Having said that, I'll say this: That stuff is chiseled in titanium under "Plot Device." For example, runners will bust ass trying to obtain gadgets that they'll never know how to use for beings they'll never meet. You can't kill a great dragon. You just can't. The average person has at least heard about what Aztechnology does in the dark of night, but they just don't want to give up their convienent nuke-n-serve burritos, so they pretend to ignore it.

Couldn't tell you why I like it that way. My buddy runs a campaign in a world that is almost the opposite, it's all about organized crime and street survival, and he has almost no use for any fantasy elements. I enjoy playing in his game just as much as running mine. Go figure.
PlatonicPimp
You probably go so heavy fantasy in your version BECAUSE your friends goes so light.
Dog
'cept I've been playing since '89, first ed hardcover. He started last year. I've been kinda set in my ways.
Stinger
Whether people stick to the canon or not, it's all good if you and your crew are on the same page and having fun with the game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012