Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grunt & Lieutenant Creation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Veggiesama
I was a little disappointed in the chapter describing Lieutenants and Grunts. I really like how Edge is handled (Professional Rating = Edge, Grunts get a "Group Edge" rather than individually), but I thought there was a bit of poor execution on the part of the logic behind the Professional Rating and being able to determine the strength of an enemy at a glance (I'm spoiled by D&D's Challenge Ratings). So, without further ado...

[edit: Hopefully one of these mirrors will work:]
Grunt & Lieutenant Creation Guide
Grunt & Lieutenant Creation Guide mirror #1
Grunt & Lieutenant Creation Guide mirror #2[old]

One thing to note is that this system has taken great pains to be able to recreate the book's example Grunts as closely as possible. For example, here's a comparison of the total BP composition of my system and if you use my BP rules to decompile the book's examples:
CODE

pr mine book
1  106   106
2  152   155
3  198   195
4  244   242
5  290   284

It's close enough, so hopefully you'll get some fairly accurate (power-wise) enemies. One of the main uses of this system is so you can pick and choose certain aspects (ex. "Okay, I like the power level of the book's corporate mage lieutenant, but I'd rather use an adept/hacker/cyber-junkie in his place. How can I make a similarly-powered character?")

If you're wondering, the reason why Gear BP = 1000/point instead of 5000 is because I figured Grunts don't have to worry about purchasing lifestyles, personal vehicles, fake SINs, diversified armor/weapons, etc., and because while you may be taking on 6 Corp Security guards, you have to remember that the Corporation is probably financing dozens of other guards (different shifts, calling in sick days), the individual training of those guards, the security systems of the site, they don't get paid as well as Shadowrunners, etc. etc.

Finally, this has NOTHING to do with Prime Runners. Those big bad bosses can still be created any way you wish, but this is designed to create lesser villains in a shorter timespan.

Hope the long post didn't scare anyone away (I hate when I do that). Comments, suggestions, criticisms? (I'm still ambivalent on the "Max Gear" column; is it even necessary?)
Veggiesama
And here I thought nobody liked my guide because it was nit-picky, unnecessary, or too complicated! I go to check the link and find it's gone. Try this mirror:

[edit: check first post]

I dunno, maybe that'll work for a while. Hopefully that'll open up the discussion to comments... right?

Also, this has been updated. It got rid of the "Max Gear" column and added five levels (up to prof4) of Lieutenant stats. That's about all I wanna do, unless something else comes up.

(btw, anyone know any recommend-able free file hosting services for not just images, but files as well?)
Thufar_Hawat
hi Veggiesama

Great work, this will come in very handy. Can't see any problems with it, i'll study it later as i've got a few grunts to roll up this week.

Thufar
Aku
i use geocities for all of my stuff.... it doesnt seem to have any problems... none that i hear of atleast...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012