Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigger's and Drones
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Maimer
I'm currently a player in a game, but the current GM also defears some questions to me that he cannot come up with an answer quickly, or knows where to look.

Anyway, we have one dude in the group playing the rigger. But very oddly. Pretty much never leaves his apartment and does everything through his drones. On our last run, we were heading into Shallish territory to explore a military installation to see what had happened, around 75 miles from Seattle. The question came up as to how far a rigger can control his drones.

Granted that today, the military has unmanned aircraft that can go hundreds of miles, but that doesn't really apply as we are not using military grade equipment . . .yet.

Any thoughts on the distance a drone can travel and the rigger still be able to control it?

For us, in the intrest of keeping the game moving, we decided that the drone could at least get that far, but I think we need to come up with some hard data. The GM does not want to set a precident, and have us running in Cal free or New York and the rigger safely at home.

thanks for the input.
Kagetenshi
Answer: if this character is even close to chargen, nowhere near as far as you've already gone.

Pages 136 and 137 of SR3 have the gory details.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012