Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirits - Confusion
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tweeble
Is it just me or has the Confusion power become very powerful? It seems that it is almost impossible to resist.

For example: a force five spirit rolls it's magic and willpower(5+5) while the target rolls his willpower alone (4). So, having totally confuzzeled the magician, the spirit, with immunity to normal weapons, manages to disable the rest of the team.

Most of the other critter powers have a two stat resistance. It seems somewhat irrational that to resist Accident a target rolls reaction and intuition, for Compulsion willpower and charisma, yet for Confusion just willpower.

Am I missing something?
Vaevictis
Become very powerful? You kidding me? It's *always* been very powerful.

In SR3, +Force to all target numbers *plus* having to make a willpower(force) roll just to take an action is game over at higher force levels. Even at lower ones, it's nasty.
FrankTrollman
Am I missing something?

Yes. Confusion just gives people dice penalties on their actions. Fear and Accident make people actually lose actions. If anything, Confusion has been nerfed too far in SR4, most of the time you are better off just hitting an enemy.

Admittedly, SR3 Confusion was crazy overpowered, but die penalties aren't nearly as good as TN mods. SR4 Confusion should probably be a penalty of 2 dice per net success rather than 1.

-Frank
Azralon
Throwing Confusion on the enemy and Concealment on your party (including the spirit itself) is the double-whammy that made me vow to never play a conjurer in SR3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012