Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HADOWRUN Seattle MUSH: SR4 Revamp Needs Assistance
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Muerto8
Seeking Coders and staffers to complete SR4 build in an rhost environment. Any interested in helping, please email advocate_drix@yahoo.com, drix013@gmail.com, rizkat@aol.com (place SR-Seattle in the subject line), or Melkir@gmail.com... Or just log onto shadowrun.dnaco.net port 4201 (telnet://shadowrun.dnaco.net:4201) or shadowrun.dnaco.net/forum, and give us a shout. Any assistance would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Brad Hendrix
Alias: Drix, RPAdministrator
Muerto8
Further, myself and our Cheif of Player Help will also be tracking this post. And will answer questions as best we can.

Again, Thanks.
Drix
caramel frappuccino
Wow, it's been a long ass time since I played one of these. For those who have no idea what this is all about, this might help.
Noor
A little more information for those who are interested.

The Shadowrun Seattle game has been running for over a decade. It was (arguably) the first MUSH to adopt the SR system. Over the years, as new editions of SR have come out, we've added onto our code the various options as they became available. However, at this point, especially with the extreme differences in the SR4 system, we decided it was time to build a new home.

New Seattle: Shadows Evolved (hey, I didn't create that name) will be using Rhost, rather than TinyMUSH, which is what the current Seattle is based on. We've encountered very few coders who are familiar with the Rhost environment, which appears to give us all sorts of latitude (what will we do with 32 reality levels?). The grid itself is built, and nearly complete in terms of descing. But we lack basic code items to begin our planned beta.

So...in short, we're appealing for code help. We have design guidelines in place, and a lot of eager non-coder types like me who are willing to help out as we can. If you'd like to join one of the oldest games running on the internet, or are just an insane person who likes to code stuff, give me or Drix or Melkir a holler. We'd love to have you.

Noor, Player Chief, Shadowrun Seattle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012