Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Security Ratings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Turjon Apocritus
Hi everyone first time poster here. I haven't played SR in a long time and my group and I are trying to get back into it. I know that the new SR4 is pretty much void of city life data and such. So i was going back through some of my older books to get some info for the campaign i'm putting together. My question is where can i find info on what the different security ratings are and second does anyone know if stuff like that has changed in SR4.

Turjon

Backgammon
Right now I can only recall the Seattle sourcebook having detailed security ratings.

As for SR4, the security ratings may change a bit, but on the whole the barrens are the barrens and downtown is downtown, if you see my point.
Liper
aye, your players can still carry a few dead bodies and lots of weapons around in the barrens, and downtime they might get away with some conceled weapons.
Turjon Apocritus
THx for the info i will look back throught he seattle book and if not there i will just roll with it.
Phantom Runner
Going from memory...

AAA - Extreme security, reserved for the richest of the rich areas.
AA - Very high security
A - High security
B - Mid-level security
C - "Touristville" in the Barrens
D - Majority of the Barrens, cops will rarely come for any reason
E - Wastelands in the Barrens, no cops ever
Z - Don't be stupid chummer...

I think that's right....

[Edit: Added Z, thanks, forgot that one as my players never went into one...]
JesterX
QUOTE (Phantom Runner)
Going from memory...

AAA - Extreme security, reserved for the richest of the rich areas.
AA - Very high security
A - High security
B - Mid-level security
C - "Touristville" in the Barrens
D - Majority of the Barrens, cops will rarely come for any reason
E - Wastelands in the Barrens, no cops ever

I think that's right....

You forgot the Z-Zones... Which are in reality combat zones, ghouls hideouts and such...

Most people how enter a Z-Zone is either: suicidal, crazy or doesn't know he'll die soon...
hobgoblin
or running from some corp or other...
sometimes the Z is preferable to the alternative smokin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012