Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hallowen leftovers and Stuff
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hyzmarca
I know what your thinking. I was thinking the same things when I was sitting in that chair. You're wondering where you are, how you survived, and what that thing was that attacked you.

In regards to the second, you didn't. You're dead and no this isn't heaven or hell, we're in San Francisco.

That thing that attacked you was a Morlock and they are why we exist. Morlocks are evil beasts, half spirit and half metahuman. They make pacts with metahumans, called Faustians. Those who make a spirit pact with a Morlock have their wishes granted in life. They can havetheir greatest desires, wealth, power, romance, anything. But, when a Faustian dies his soul is forfeit and he becomes a Morlock himself.

The guys upstairs search high and low for people that have a certain potential and when they die the higher ups harvest their souls and give them new bodies so that they can fight the Morlock menace.
Congratulations, you have a second chance at life, not many people get one.

Now there are a few rules.

1. No one from your former life can know that you are alive.
2. No cyberwear. Cyberware damages your essence and you shall not defile your new pristine body with it.
3. No magic. Magic and potentially make you a target for the Morlock's masters downstairs. If you were awakened before you aren't now. Sorry.
5. If you die, that's it. No third chances. If you are hit by a bus your soul will go bye-bye. If you are killed by a Morlock you will become a Morlock.
6. Absolutly no sex ever under any circumstances. If you ever have sex will will send someone to kill you. Anyone can be a Morlock in disguise and if a Agent has sex with a Morlock he wil become a Morlock.

Morlocks are immortal; they are fast; they are strong; hey can only be killed by a weapon that has been soaked in the blood of the innocent.
We have no super powers. We have no magic. We are just as mortal now as we were before, some of us moreso.

Welcome to the Corps.

Here is your Morlock killing dagger. Don't worry, it wasn't anyone you know.

------
Sharaloth
It's about Good Versus Evil. G Vs. E.
Teulisch
i remember that TV show smile.gif

at some point they DID have morloc-killing bullets, but those things are more rare than APDS ammo.

one point, is that a morlocs reflection will show their true face. plus they get cool powers. and there was something about demons, which are bigger an meaner than morlocs.

I remember one episode they had one morloc they were interogating... she was an 8-yr old girl. if she didnt talk, her barbie doll got hurt biggrin.gif
Musashi Forever
How am I supposed to have any sort of edge when my magic and cyber are taken away?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Musashi Forever)
How am I supposed to have any sort of edge when my magic and cyber are taken away?

You aren't, that's what makes it so fun. You go up against powerful supernatural threats with only your wits, your teammates, and a piddly little knife. Survival rate is low, but it is so much fun when you get it right.
blakkie
QUOTE (Musashi Forever)

Buy SR4? wink.gif
ShadowDragon8685
My answer to that?

"Thanks, chummer." *stab.*
"I'm a Shadowrunner. I do what I do best, I do it my way, I don't work for free, and I don't work for Policlubs."
Fortune
Sounds like the Morlocks get to have all the fun. I'd be tempted to purposely become one, now that I know about them. wink.gif biggrin.gif
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Fortune)
Sounds like the Morlocks get to have all the fun. I'd be tempted to purposely become one, now that I know about them. wink.gif biggrin.gif

To steal a saying from the base of an old novelty figurine, good girls go to heaven but bad girls go everywhere. biggrin.gif
Musashi Forever
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
My answer to that?

"Thanks, chummer." *stab.*
"I'm a Shadowrunner. I do what I do best, I do it my way, I don't work for free, and I don't work for Policlubs."

I agree.

How do you have time to use your wits when everyone is more powerful than you. Sams get three actions to your one and mages blast you without spell defense.
caramel frappuccino
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
6. Absolutly no sex ever under any circumstances. If you ever have sex will will send someone to kill you. Anyone can be a Morlock in disguise and if a Agent has sex with a Morlock he wil become a Morlock.

See, now that just forfeits the whole point of having a second chance at life.

I'm with Fortune. Bring on the Morlocks, baby!
ShadowDragon8685
Caramel Frap - that's exactly what I'm sayin'. I'm with Forture, too.
ShadowDragon8685

1. No one from your former life can know that you are alive.

Fuck that, yo. Soon as I get outta here, I'm hookin' up with my team.

2. No cyberwear. Cyberware damages your essence and you shall not defile your new pristine body with it.
3. No magic. Magic and potentially make you a target for the Morlock's masters downstairs. If you were awakened before you aren't now. Sorry.

No cyber to make me move like Neo, and no magic? And I'm a DECKER? Fuck you, mate.

5. If you die, that's it. No third chances. If you are hit by a bus your soul will go bye-bye. If you are killed by a Morlock you will become a Morlock.

So far, all I'm hearing is reasons to try to become a Morlock.

So let me get this straight. I'm back to life, but I'm not allowed to go back to my friends. I'm not allowed to enjoy the feeling of diving through the Matrix, I can't get my rocks off with my dikoted sex-form ally spirit, I'm not allowed to get Wired Reflexes back and see the world in slow-mo...

And I'm not allowed to have SEX?!

What the FUCK is the point of living, frag-face?!
caramel frappuccino
The future does not look bright for the forces of Good. vegm.gif
ShadowDragon8685
Sure it does. But these guys ain't Good. nyahnyah.gif
Backgammon
If I remember anything from G vs E, things did not look good for the Good guys either!
caramel frappuccino
The pun burns! frown.gif
hyzmarca
Yeah, one of the big themes of GvsE was that the Corps agents were pretty much screwed every which why. All of the agents were draftees, none really wanted to be there but they didn't have a choice and their mortality rate was high. However, they had football legend Deacon Jones to keep them in line. Really, you don't want to cross football legend Deacon Jones.

Perhaps the no cyber no magic thing was a little harsh considering the nature of the Shadowrun setting. The GvsE setting didn't have magic or cybernetics.
Czar Eggbert
Personally I would make them all adepts, or at least enhanced humans. Staying away from magic could be achieved bay giving them a couple of edges, like adrenaline surge, lightening reflexes, exceptional attributes, magic resistance, any number of edges that would give them at least a fighting chance. I would also recommend making the dagger some kind of mundane usable weapon focus or anchoring focus.

Personally I think that they would fit better as a group of adepts or mystical adepts.

The Eggman
toturi
No problems, man.

I SURGE = Magic. I start without, now I have.

No cyber? OK, Bioware here I come. Any other restrictions?
Fortune
Why wouldn't they just start with whatever they had when they 'died'? I mean, they were obviously picked for a reason, and considering the supposed importance of their 'mission', why wouldn't the 'Forces of Good™' pick and choose those with the right skills and edges for the monumental task at hand, be those edges mundane, magical, or augmented.
NightmareX
On a different strain from GvsE, anyone care to remember Jeepers Creepers? I did the math - in the 1st movie they state that he was up and around in 1978. That would make the movies take place in 2001. From there 2024, 2047, 2070. My players are gonna hate me vegm.gif

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012