Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Halloween Runs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shadowrunner13
Well, because my group always games on Fridays and last Friday was not possible, my annual Halloween run is going down this Friday. Though I don't believe any of my group still comes here, if you're coming out on Friday STOP READING!

I have the basic run concept down... what I'm looking for are some ideas on how to embellish things to really crank up the creep factor. smile.gif

Basic Concept:

Last year, I put the runners through an astral quest, which you can read here:

In the Wake of the Wicked

In summary, an ancestor shaman and psychologist was summoning up the spirits of his ancestors and interviewing them to find out about their daily lives and develop whether or not personality traits could be passed down through the generations, after generations of indoctrination.

However, one of his more distant relatives was proving difficult, as he had nothing to link him to this ancestor. He hires runners to embark on an astral quest and retrieve an ideal link. Once the quest is said and done, the runners realised that the distant relative was the serial killer, Jack the Ripper. The link they retrieved was the knife Jack used for the murders.

Now, a year later that ancestor shaman has gone missing and the runners are paid to track him down. Upon finding his journal at his home, they learn that Jack managed to free himself from his summoner and possess him. Now he is returning to Whitechapel, UK and resuming his old murderous ways.

They go to a local hospital in Whitechapel, which is now haunted by Jack's former victims (and his newest ones), not too mention the powerful free spirit of Jack the Ripper.

How can I embellish this? Any little spook tricks people are willing to share are appreciated. I have a few in my notes already, but I'm curious to see what the collective minds here can come up with. smile.gif

Thanks!

SR13
Fortune
You could play up the fog and tight alleyways common to Whitechapel. As they get nearere to the hospital, they could start to hear sounds coming out of the dense fog from over a century-and-a-half ago, like horse-drawn carriages on cobblestones, or snatches of drunken bawdy songs, etc.
Shadowrunner13
I like that one.

Thanks Fortune!

One thing that I have to make them apprehensive about entering the building, is that the hospital is surrounded in police cars...but there's no sign of the police. The cars are there with lights flashing, weapons are present...but only one cop, hiding in his patrol car (the mage). All he's doing is rocking back and forth, muttering incoherently...

That will help build up to the entrance quite nicely... smile.gif

SR13
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012