Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: North America in 2070
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Valentinew
Who has created their own megasprawls for SR? (For example, a friend of mine is working on Kansas City.)

Can you toss out a little description? I think it'd be fun to flesh out the Sixth World even more....
blakkie
San Diego - One...big...swimming pool. With fish and ah sharks and merrow and ah seal 'shifters but the 'shifters are shy so PCs never interact with them till Running Wild comes out. There, that was an easy one. wink.gif
Valentinew
Running Wild? Should I know what this is? (Please be kind & keep in mind I just found this board a few days ago.)
Gothic Rose
QUOTE (Valentinew)
Running Wild? Should I know what this is? (Please be kind & keep in mind I just found this board a few days ago.)

Running Wild is a book that was going to be released for SR3, but is in the process of being redone for SR4. It's rumored to contain, among other things, rules for playing Shapeshifters (and possibly ghouls) as well as info on more critters, and wilderness settings.
Valentinew
For example, this is what my GM is using to start us out...

So some setting history...

Kansas City  was struggling after the Crash of '29 and several corporate buy-outs that moved jobs away.  The fall of the US did not help either.  Tho the book says that Missouri was one of the states to go CAS, it only a small portion of the southern part of the state was actually lost, most of the state is in the UCAS.  Also, the town of Lawrence was torn apart by racial tensions when the Native Americans attending Haskell University rioted during the Indian roundups of '09 and '10. 

Then came the Universal Brotherhood, and the destruction of Chicago.  Corps and refugees poured into Kansas City, Omaha and Des Moines swelling the populations.  Since land was cheap, every major corp was able to gobble up huge acreages, and began to rebuild. 

Today, Kansas City has grown to a megaplex, and is once again the heart of much cross continental shipping.  It is a place where runners have plenty of work, and all manner of people live.  While well within the UCAS borders, Lawrence has large populations of Native Americans, and Haskell University is known as a top notch school for magic, ranked near MIT&M or Texas A&M&M.    Metahumans are common in Lawrence, Westport Plaza, or Crossroads, but almost never seen in Liberty and Raytown.  Ruskin Heights, Grandview, Riverside, and Bannister are all Z rated zones, the slums and ghettos many Runners call home.

I also had a friend that was mapping out KC...all I can really remember are the Olathe Barrens....

I was just wondering if anyone else had detailed cities like this. I know they're not canon or anything, I was just curious.
SL James
Just came back from Washington, and it's going to be interesting. I've been in cities I love, hate, am indifferent to, or which seem to at least have a vibe to them. Washington is a ... well, in SR terms it'd be a giant mana warp.
SL James
damn double-post.
JongWK
QUOTE (SL James)
Just came back from Washington, and it's going to be interesting. I've been in cities I love, hate, am indifferent to, or which seem to at least have a vibe to them. Washington is a ... well, in SR terms it'd be a giant mana warp.

Too many politicians sucking the nation's spirit? wink.gif
Catsnightmare
QUOTE (Gothic Rose)
QUOTE (Valentinew @ Nov 4 2005, 03:47 PM)
Running Wild?  Should I know what this is?  (Please be kind & keep in mind I just found this board a few days ago.)

Running Wild is a book that was going to be released for SR3, but is in the process of being redone for SR4. It's rumored to contain, among other things, rules for playing Shapeshifters (and possibly ghouls) as well as info on more critters, and wilderness settings.

Is it too much to ask for the SR3 version of this be released on PDF? I mean it's not like it's a lot of extra work or anything if it's already done and being converted to SR4.
blakkie
QUOTE (Catsnightmare)
Is it too much to ask for the SR3 version of this be released on PDF? I mean it's not like it's a lot of extra work or anything if it's already done and being converted to SR4.

No more to than asking the London Pops to release their next recording in 78 rpm. Complications with finding a group due to them not playing the "right" version? Welcome to your future. wink.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Valentinew)
Who has created their own megasprawls for SR? (For example, a friend of mine is working on Kansas City.)

Can you toss out a little description? I think it'd be fun to flesh out the Sixth World even more....

We played a long campaign in Miami, after Gunderson Corporation broke apart and lost it's iron grip of the city. Imagine a city between gritty sprawl, tourist havens, smuggling/pirate hotspots, a powerful mafia and three different securtiy forces (KE, LS, the rest of Atlantic Security) who got contrcts for different parts of the city.
And the good weather, don't forget the good weather.

It was a lot of fun. biggrin.gif
SL James
QUOTE (JongWK)
QUOTE (SL James @ Nov 4 2005, 10:39 PM)

No. it wasn't like this the last time I was there.

BTW, the iPod is the Devil. I've never seen a device so ubiquitous that created so much alienation. Commlinks would be the Space Devil.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Nov 5 2005, 07:54 AM)
QUOTE (SL James @ Nov 4 2005, 10:39 PM)

No. it wasn't like this the last time I was there.

BTW, the iPod is the Devil. I've never seen a device so ubiquitous that created so much alienation. Commlinks would be the Space Devil.

Hmmm... I guess I'm too used to the environment in Washington. What kind of vibe did you feel?
SL James
There wasn't one. That was the problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012