Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: low essense and healing spells
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ogbendog
as far as I can tell, the old "can't magially heal the cybered" is gone now? I couldn't find a refence to penalties to cast a spell on a cybered person.
Rifleman
QUOTE (SR4 Pg. 199)

Health Spells
Healing Characters with Implants: Low-Essence characters
are more difficult to heal, as implants (or other damage) disrupt
the body’s holistic integrity. In game terms, this means a dice pool
modifier applies to the Spellcasting Test equal to the subject’s lost
Essence (rounded down). So trying to heal a character with Essence
4 (2 Essence points of implants) incurs a –2 dice pool modifier.

This was all I could find in my brief search.
ogbendog
excellent.

this covers heal, and I would thing Cure disease, detox, and maybe antidoge. things like boost attribute, probalby not.

would have been simpler to just say "all Health spells"
blakkie
It's definately vague.

The only spell that refers to actually healing is Heal itself, the others use different kinds of words. The one spell i'd think was closest to Heal is Stabilize, and it doesn't use the 'h' word either. Also there is the limit of:

A character can only be magically healed once for any single set of injuries.

However it specifically mentions in Cure Disease about using a separate Healing spell. So in that sense it is setting the precidence that "magically healed" is NOT refering to Cure Disease. BTW it's pretty damn important regarding the typical use of Stabilize and it's interaction with Heal and also the First Aid skill.

On the otherhand if it was only talking about the Heal spell WTF did they give it it's own little mini section under Health spells. And in the paragraph before it talks about the "magical healing" tradition that you need to physically contact being the rational that ALL Health spells have range Touch.

I guess the good news is that the GM gets to rule it pretty much whatever way he wants and it's still canon. smile.gif *sigh*
Veggiesama
Since all of the Health spells are simply recovery or buff spells (sans Decrease Attribute), you could just apply the Essence penalty to every Health spell.

Whether cybered people *should* have a "bonus" against Decrease Attribute is debateable, though. But I figure people should definitely have troubles trying to buff/recover themselves if they're loaded up with cyberware.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012