Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HE-AP ammo for shotguns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
buddha
Just surfing along on the great internet I suddely found myself looking at a description of a RL High Explosive Armor-Piercing ammunition for shotguns.

http://www.defensereview.com/1_31_2004/FRAG%2012.pdf

Now, SR4 does not have any stats for any such ammo, and since I just very recently bought the book and coming back to SR for the first time since 1ed I just wonder if any of the supplements from the previous editions have had any stats for such ammunition.

Anybody got some stats for 12 gauge HE-AP ammo???

Budda
Jaid
sounds like Ex-Ex to me.
2bit
mine are poison-tipped.
buddha
Well, the descriptions of the shotguns in the book states that the Mossberg AM-CMDT is a flechette only shotgun and the Remington 990 can only fire regular and flechette. Normal EX-EX ammo is not compatible with shotguns straight out of the book.

What about the High Explosive Fragmenting antipersonnel rounds mentioned in the FRAG-12 factsheet? There are no ammo for regular guns that have area affect, and since it's a 12 gauge shell it would very weak comapred to a grenade.

Any thoughts??

Check this link for even more exotic shotgun ammo.
http://www.firequest.com/catalog_window.htm
warrior_allanon
my thoughts, I LIKE love.gif love.gif love.gif

other thoughts, i know what i want for christmas rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

and as my roommate just pointed out, one question, how much for a box
Hasaku
Weren't those rounds made for use with a new semi-auto shotgun? I remember it had almost no felt recoil thanks to a novel construction. It's been linked on these boards before.
buddha
Nah, the rounds have been under development for years, but they are mentioned in an article on Defense Review together with the Auto Assult Shotgun.
Lindt
QUOTE (buddha)

Check this link for even more exotic shotgun ammo.
http://www.firequest.com/catalog_window.htm

Woh... some of that is scary stuff... Slug/shot combos. Just sounds icky...

But if I ever want to buy interesting bits for the Ar-15 I dont own, its a good site indifferent.gif
Hasaku
I was reading the descriptions of some of the exotic ammo, and just...wow. This is some awesome copy:

The lethality contained within the hollow core slug of our terminator 12 GA. almost can't be advertised. Upon impact, this slug mushrooms and expands to nearly 2 inches, stopping the slug from totally penetrating your objective. This rapid expansion forces the dozen of tiny pellets to spread through your objective like a cancerous disease, opening an area at the impact point equal to a softball! The cavity created has the shock effect of 95%! That means only 5% of any living being could survive this kind of hit.23/4” round

eek.gif A shock effect of 95%! Why Goku's Kamehameha wave only has a shock effect of 83%!
Raygun
Heh!

Yeah. Careful in the mine fields of marketing bullshit.
Adarael
"...the dozen of tiny pellets to spread through your objective like a cancerous disease..."

And THAT is marketing comedy gold!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012