caramel frappuccino
Targets.
toturi
WTFs.
Kagetenshi
UCASsians.

~J
SL James
by state, by province, Canadian, or American.
hyzmarca
The United Canadian and American States is an inaccurate name because the Canada is part of the North American continent, unless that's changed since the awakening.

I'll go with Canuckistani or Upper Non-Native Americans, to differentiate them from the Americans from the CAS, from Central Amercia, From SOuth America and from NAN.
Omer Joel
Gringos.
SL James
or Gueros...
Grinder
Americans.

Pinkies.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (caramel frappuccino)
Targets.

soft targets, very soft targets smokin.gif
Velocity
Whitey.
Jrayjoker
Ucan Sams...
Valentinew
I always liked "neighbor."

It can be friendly...or very menacing......
Dog
My guess is that "Americans" would be most likely. I'm usually presumed to be an American when I travel.
But I can also safely say that a lot of Canadians currently take some offense at being called American. Either 'cause they don't like them, or (like me) they want to be recognized for their own national identity. Ask a Canadian what makes him Canadian, and more than half the time, he's likely to tell you what makes him not an American.
I have a lot of respect for my American counterparts, but we do have our differences, and I would definitely want those differences to be recognized. I can only extrapolate that those feelings would still exist somewhat a generation or two from now.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Dog)
Ask a Canadian what makes him Canadian, and more than half the time, he's likely to tell you what makes him not an American.
I have a lot of respect for my American counterparts, but we do have our differences, and I would definitely want those differences to be recognized. I can only extrapolate that those feelings would still exist somewhat a generation or two from now.

Don't worry, we'll eventually assimilate y'all to America. wink.gif
warrior_allanon
i only have one word to answer this though i'm surprised i havent seen it yet....

YANKEES or as we call them in the CAS d@#n yankees
Snow_Fox
American's, Canada is part of North America and most NAN's are going with a tribal name.

The real question is what do you call the people in CAS's since they would be dumping the whole american nation bit. During the Civil war 1861-65 they were known by their state names so I guess that might work if the CAS is more state's right's type. I think calling them "Confederates" is just a little to much over weight ,heiniken drinking re-enactor type.
FrostyNSO
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Nov 6 2005, 09:33 PM)
American's, Canada is part of North America and most NAN's are going with a tribal name.

The real question is what do you call the people in CAS's since they would be dumping the whole american nation bit. During the Civil war 1861-65 they were known by their state names so I guess that might work if the CAS is more state's right's type. I think calling them "Confederates" is just a little to much over weight ,heiniken drinking re-enactor type.

Confeds
SL James
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Nov 6 2005, 08:33 PM)

Just reading Shadows of North America, I'm inclined to say, "(Real) Americans" since that was clearly the intention that the CAS is the shining city on a hill and the UCAS was full of psychotic rejects and Canadians.
Ophis
I have to go with Yankees.
I just like it, that and I like the term yanks,
and the ryhming slang for it Seps
Chibu
"someone from UCAS"

it's easy enough. the Japanese would probibly call them "UCAS-jin" or "Yukasu-jin" which is "Someone from the USAS", so, i think that's the easiest way to say it.
SL James
QUOTE (Ophis @ Nov 7 2005, 03:30 AM)

Yeah, right. Most of the UCAS considers Yankee to be an insult. They'd just be chill with that idea, especially around Baltimore and Washington, which is part of the South; the Midwest, Rust Belt, Upper Canuckistan, and Seattle.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Ophis)

I'm a Mets fan, that would be fighting words for me!
SL James
As they would be for Sox fans, Orioles fans, or pretty much anyone who isn't a tool.

I'd still have my Certified Yankee Hater t-shirt if I hadn't given it to a friend when he moved to New York.
Ophis
hey all I was saying was that I call americans Yanks sometimes. I hadn't realised it was a baseball related insult.
mfb
QUOTE (Snow Fox)
The real question is what do you call the people in CAS's

CASsies.
nezumi
Americans, because people continue to be lazy and 'America' is in the name. Just like in the case of the US, 'America' now refers to multiple groups of people: UCAS, CAS, North Americans, North & South Americans, plus it probably refers to people who believe in reunification.
SL James
QUOTE (Ophis @ Nov 8 2005, 05:05 AM)
hey all I was saying was that I call americans Yanks sometimes. I hadn't realised it was a baseball related insult.

It's also a geographic insult.

QUOTE (mfb)
QUOTE (Snow Fox)
The real question is what do you call the people in CAS's

CASsies.

You misspelled rednecks.
JongWK
Yankees, yankis or yanquis are often used in a derogatory way by Latin Americans, especially the left-wing. It won't matter if you are from Texas, California or Massachussetts. *frowns*
blakkie
It's used in Canada sometimes too (often shortened to the plural Yanks), derogatory and otherwise. Even by people that are fully aware of the regional differences in the US, and that it refered to Northern states (primarily northeastern).

Frankly this evolution isn't out of step with the full history of the word. Before being all northern states it was New England only. Before refering to someone living in NE it was a derogatory term refering to a pirate.

P.S. It's possible that it only comes across as solely derogatory because so few people outside the US have good things to say about those inside? wink.gif
Slait
I've always though of them as Ucasians. (You CASS EE ENZ)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012