Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chemical Repellant
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kyuhan
I was reading Insomnia's Bioware Supplement for some new bioware to stick in my game to freshen it up a bit in that area, and I came across this:

Chemical Repellant [ 20 KĄ ]: This enhancement modifies the subject's sweat glands to perspire a durable lipid along with the normal skin's perspiration. This compound builds up on the subject's skin, and protects it from various kinds of chemical damage. The subject becomes practically immune to acid damage, and DMSO no longer has the ability to open the skin's pores. Chemicals that would eat through normal skin bead like water on a newly waxed car and drip off.

This enhancement provides no protection from heat or cold damage (many damaging chemical do so by heat), but any acid, base, or other damaging chemical will not effect the subject. This enhancement does not protect the eyes, mouth, etc., and damaging chemicals that enter an orifice have there full effect. One exception is that one with both this enhancement and an Eye Shield gains this protection for the eyes as well.

This enhancement is fully compatible with all other dermal and sub-dermal enhancements.

While I know this isn't cannon, and some don't like that, I just wanted to bounce a few ideas around and get some feedback on some questions regarding it.

This compound builds up on the subject's skin, and protects it from various kinds of chemical damage.
Wouldn't this go away with every shower and need time to rebuild? I was thinking maybe 24 hours after a shower before the bonuses were reactivated.

Also, how would this affect the appearance of a person? Make them look greasier maybe? A -1 or -2 in Charisma when effects are active?

This enhancement does not protect the eyes, mouth, etc., and damaging chemicals that enter an orifice have there full effect.
I can see why this wouldn't protect the nose, but aren't saliva and lachrymose (eye goop) basically the same as sweat and therefore would be protected? Any thoughts would be appreciated as always.
Edward
bathing to a standered acsepted buy sociaty wiould damage the protection but you could probably remain clean enuf not to hav medical isues, i would say a -2 penalty to social rolls in most sercomstannces (if your in a slum and everybody smells onlz -1 if zyour on the matrix penalty dose not apply.)

teh system could be built to protect teh mouth, nose and eyes as sujested but teh proventing of chemicals seaching teh skin would remove teh sense of taste and smell and a waxy deposit in teh eyes would distort vision and prevent lubrecation. in short it would sendyou blind.

Edward
Kyuhan
Thanks for the input.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012