Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Instruction skill
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BlackHat
Could someone point me to the section of the rules that shows why anyone would want to use the instruction skill? I've found rules that say that the instructor can grant bonus dice to the person learning the skill - which should make them able to learn it faster... but in the section about spending karma to raise skills, it just abstracts that away and says you can only learn one new skill between missions, or can raise as many skills as you like, but only by one.
Ophis
Oh I'm surprise you missed the they are on page (loud coughing noise.) In the just released (Loud coughing noise).

I hope that helps. nyahnyah.gif

They don't appear to be anywhere.
Enjoy the fluff sleepy.gif
buddha
On page 172 my SR4 book describes how having an instructor with the Instruction skill can reduce the number of days it takes to learn a new spell.

If it has any effects on normal skills I have yet to find out what, but for learing spells a good instructor can help.
Oracle
Possibly advanced training rules will be part of a later sourcebook.
Grinder
Due to streamlining all rules should have been in the BBB. wink.gif
Drace
or you could have a set house rule, that if one of the pc's has instruction and a skill another pc wants to learn, lessen the karma appropratly, or if its a more rare skill (pilot Aerospace for example) have it where they can only learn from someone with the instruct skill.
Azralon
We should have a dedicated "House Rules that Shoulda Been in the Core Book" section. frown.gif
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (buddha)
On page 172 my SR4 book describes how having an instructor with the Instruction skill can reduce the number of days it takes to learn a new spell.

And p.233 details how Instruction is used when one technomancer teaches a complex form to another technomancer.
Xenith
I have a house rule I'm playtesting a bit.

-The dice granted from instruction to learn a skill (I'm going out on a limb and say Attribute+Skill, with hits reducing time by a bit) can instead be rolled on their own to reduce karma costs by one per success to a minimum of half (round up). I might add that instruction adds 1 die per 2 hits, so karma reductions are by no means large. This applies to skills only.

I had mentioned it in a House rules subject I had a bit ago. smile.gif

spin.gif spin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012