Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drones and weapons
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ogbendog
The GM-Nissan Doberman, "Comes equipped with one weapon (LMG or smaller)." Obviously it has a hardpoint already, and you can't add another one

the Steel Lynx, "carriesone weapon (LMG or smaller)"

I assume that means that it has a hardpoint, but dosn't comes with anything on it?
SHINJO STYLA
i belive that would be an interpretation made by the dm. The rule says divide the body by three, just because the description says it comes with on, doesnt mean you couldnt mount another. Then again the dm could say that that is why a doberman costs more because the mount is already there.

personally, i say if the rules and discription of a doberman does not say you cant add another one, then why cant you add a 2nd one!
evil1i
More concerning is that a GM-Nissan Doberman comes equiped with 1 weapon and is entirely legal (eg a 13 year old could walk the streets with one!) yet put a weapon mount (without a gun) on a MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone and it is a forbidden item (I imagine Forbidden means arrest on sight at the least and possibly shoot on sight)!

Weapon Mounts should have an availability of 8R rather than 8F and the availability of the GM-Nissan Doberman should be 8R too rather than the 6 it currently is. Obviously the legallity of the weapon mounted in the drone (or vehicle for that matter) should adjust the legallity of the whole item too but it doesn't seem it does frown.gif
Vaevictis
I know it says it, but I really can't believe that they actually intend for the doberman to actually come equipped with any one weapon smaller than an LMG :/
evil1i
QUOTE (Vaevictis)
I know it says it, but I really can't believe that they actually intend for the doberman to actually come equipped with any one weapon smaller than an LMG :/

I can believe that it comes equipped with a weapon but what I can't believe is that they haven't just put in a note before the Vehicle/Drone section where is says Unless a specific weapon is mentioned in a vehicle/drone description then the cost of a weapon and any legallity ratings (restricted or forbidden) need to be added to the vehicle/drone stats
Vaevictis
That's kind of what I meant. When I hear the words, "comes equipped with", I usually read that as "included in the price."
PlatonicPimp
See, I think that legality rating is not for the weapon mount itself, but for the modification. IE: it isn't illegal to have a vehicle with a weapon mounted on it, it is illegal to MODIFY a vehicle to have a weapon mount.

Rationiale? A vehicle desgined and sold with mounts for weapons are commonly recognized as such. your average joe cop can take one look at a doberman and assess it as a threat. A vehicle that does not usually some with weapons will require more scrutiny to accurately assess their threat, meaning that more than one rushed cop has failed to accurately assess the threat from a modified vehicle, probably resulting in death.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012